Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5240 5241 [5242] 5243 5244 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15786174 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

My biology knowledge agrees with what Solifuge said.

What I was told was also that the structure of a prion is typically a lot tighter than most proteins, meaning that it would have to be at a noticeably higher temperature than the other proteins to denature.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile

ZUN got married.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Where did you hear that from?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

I vaguely recall they took temperatures above 100ºC to denature.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I got a phone call on my cell phone.

Me: Hello?
Automated Voice: Hello, you have been carefully selected by Political Opinions of Americ-
Me: *hangs up*

This made me laugh.

If I get the call again though, I'm not going to be happy.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

Hey, at least they said something.  The worst is when they call you but decide to hang up before you answer ("cold calling" is becoming annoyingly frequent).

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Holy crap.  At home there's this one (or maybe more!) person who calls, but all they leave for a message is BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR a high pitched ring.  It's terrible.

Here's a good one.  Tell me you wouldn't freak out and hold your bleeding ears.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools

Automated Voice: Hello, you have been carefully selected by Political Opinions of Americ-

This made me laugh.

That's weird, I think I got a call from the same people earlier, except the number was RESTRICTED, and they were asking for a soldier or something. I've never had a polling group ask specifically for an individual, so I was kind of leery, but they hung up once they confirmed they had the wrong number.

Let's invent a conspiracy theory to go along with this!
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile

This made me laugh.

That's weird, I think I got a call from the same people earlier, except the number was RESTRICTED, and they were asking for a soldier or something. I've never had a polling group ask specifically for an individual, so I was kind of leery, but they hung up once they confirmed they had the wrong number.

You have forgotten that you were created to be a genetically modified super soldier!  ;D

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This made me laugh.

Are you sure they weren't just trying to get information on you? There are a fair few companies out there that will try to find out personal details associated with your phone number so they can sell the information off to scammers and/or telemarketers.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile

Feels good to have an LP planned and ready again. And this time I know I'm in the right mindset and of sound enough health to do it!

Whoo.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

Feels good to have an LP planned and ready again. And this time I know I'm in the right mindset and of sound enough health to do it!

Whoo.

Looking forward to seeing it when I come home!

I mean, I'll be in DC for a few hours this Sunday, but no time for taking a swing back home. Still three weeks away from chattin' again.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey, siblings of various genders.  Finals ended today!  I'm not BACK back, but I thought I'd at least pop in to say hi.  Hope everything's going well for y'all (though I did see the closure of the Progressive thread, which gave me a bit of a sad).

Also, I have an adorable boyfriend~ He's a graduate student in physics.  Other good things include that I now know which branch of mathematics I want to work in (analysis) and have lots of RL friends now.  I guess I'm a lot less stressed in general.  I had a paper about one of my poetry translations published to the ArXiV, I have a math friend going into logic who wants to do collabs with me, and my grades are at least decent.

Oh, and I possess a copy of Hatoful Boyfriend.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile

nenjin someone proved you wrong. Very wrong. VERY VERY WRONG.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Glad to see everything's going well, Vector. This is a very large happy, indeed.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 5240 5241 [5242] 5243 5244 ... 13325