Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5239 5240 [5241] 5242 5243 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15785987 times)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile

Wouldn't most humans taste terrible because of the amount of meat we consume?  The nutrients would be completely wasted as well, so perhaps if you only ate vegetarian humans to get the most nutrients per meal.

I've felt a lot of things being vegan, but "fearful of being eaten by other humans" is a totally new one even for me.

Human flesh is actually supposed to be toxic because of all the preservatives and junk that we eat that builds up inside of us. You know, like whales.

Thank god I've been too lazy/poor to go balls-to-the-walls about all that organic shit, then. 

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile

You can't usefully destroy prions with heat.  Being proteins, you would need to heat the meat up to the point where ALL proteins denature...including the healthy ones you want.  You would basically be melting your food to the point of being a non-nutritional slurry.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Monster's Den: The Book of Dread. 'Tis a pretty good flash game/JRPG. However, having just finished off a Pandora's Box at level 23-ish, I'm starting to get bored of the Den of Endless Evil and might start a new campaign.

That feel when you win MAX HAWRDCOAR :3

It would be unethical to burn fat the lazy way? ???

Our definitions of burning fat appear to be grossly different.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

Yeah, when people started talking about burning fat, all I could think was: God that stinks why would anyone want to do that?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

You would basically be melting your food to the point of being a non-nutritional slurry.
Which you then feed to school kids as "pink sludge".

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

Hearing a song on my Club/Dance pandora station that I heard in high school dances. Nostalgia initiate.

Whitefoxsniper

• Bay Watcher
  • something meaningful.
    • View Profile

Done with my first year of university.

It's almost worth all of the work for the rush of relief at the end.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

And my mouse is revived! Bwahahaha! I feel like Dr. Frankenstein.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, minor thought, what does it say about me that I've taken to capturing flies with a glass and releasing them outside instead of just squashing them?

I almost always do that too... though it's harder with bees and big wolf spiders and such. Also, it was easier in a rural home, where I could release them directly into the environment, as opposed to having to go through a lot of doors to get out of my apartment.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile

You can't usefully destroy prions with heat.  Being proteins, you would need to heat the meat up to the point where ALL proteins denature...including the healthy ones you want.  You would basically be melting your food to the point of being a non-nutritional slurry.
You can try enzymes and hope you get the right one for the type of prion. And for the cannibalism going rampant think im gonna lock my door tonight, I shall be closer with my Makorov than i ever was.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, minor thought, what does it say about me that I've taken to capturing flies with a glass and releasing them outside instead of just squashing them?

I almost always do that too... though it's harder with bees and big wolf spiders and such. Also, it was easier in a rural home, where I could release them directly into the environment, as opposed to having to go through a lot of doors to get out of my apartment.
It seems kind of silly to me though, I mean this thing is probably going to die in a couple of days, and it's a lot of effort to catch them.

Still, it does kind of give me a warm feeling when I let it go and it zips off into the distance, making "I'm freeeeeee" noises in my head.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile

Just chuck 'em out the window.  They'll either fly away, land on the wall a ways down, or air resistance will slow them enough that they'll land okay.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can try enzymes and hope you get the right one for the type of prion. And for the cannibalism going rampant think im gonna lock my door tonight, I shall be closer with my Makorov than i ever was.

Actually, I'm pretty sure the change in taste/physical properties of meat, as it goes from raw to cooked, is because it's been denatured. The proteins go from flexible and translucent to rigid and opaque. Also, according to a spot of reading, Prions can be denatured by heat or chemicals, and once completely denatured have not yet been successfully renatured in lab. However all proteins, including prions, are denatured in stages, and partially denatured Prions can be renatured to an infectious state... possibly by other functional Prions.

They're kinda like the nature's Grey Goo... just thankfully only able to work on a certain types of organic protein.
Pages: 1 ... 5239 5240 [5241] 5242 5243 ... 13325