Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5219 5220 [5221] 5222 5223 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15741685 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

Also, I found a store with a proper wine selection, and will soon know what a botrytized wine tastes like.

The answer is, "Amazing".

Wait, so... it's a wine made from fungus-infected grapes? Ew.
To quote a robot quite wise on the subject of alcohol, "It's called class, you yokel." But seriously, it's really sweet and rich and fruity. It doesn't taste rotted at all.

In unrelated news, but related to my last post, I just realized that it was inevitable that Gangster Dracula, taking the form of a physically imposing and supernaturally-empowered pimp to be destroyed by the party, would have an alignment of Lawful Evil.[/homestuck]

EDIT: Just realized that, since you knew what "botrytized" meant, you probably didn't need the link. However, it remains for the general edification of readers, who probably don't actually care.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Also, I found a store with a proper wine selection, and will soon know what a botrytized wine tastes like.

The answer is, "Amazing".

Wait, so... it's a wine made from fungus-infected grapes? Ew.
To quote a robot quite wise on the subject of alcohol, "It's called class, you yokel. But seriously, it's really sweet and rich and fruity. It doesn't taste rotted at all.

In unrelated news, but related to my last post, I just realized that it was inevitable that Gangster Dracula, taking the form of a physically imposing and supernaturally-empowered pimp to be destroyed by the party, would have an alignment of Lawful Evil.[/homestuck]

...I'm not 100% sure how that's related to Homestuck!

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

To quote a robot quite wise on the subject of alcohol, "It's called class, you yokel." But seriously, it's really sweet and rich and fruity. It doesn't taste rotted at all.

EDIT: Just realized that, since you knew what "botrytized" meant, you probably didn't need the link. However, it remains for the general edification of readers, who probably don't actually care.

Yeah, I googled it and went straight to that wiki page.

I'm baffled at how frequently people drink worse-tasting wines because of "class". I'll take the good-tasting stuff, especially if it's cheap. This doesn't seem to be like that, though, so I'll give you a pass from my judging.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

I generally agree. There's a reason I do love my <$3.00 White Zinfandels.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile

They still use FORTRAN?

Unfortunately.  Apparently they have tons of code written ages ago and haven't had any reason to change any of it.  They did mention the possibility of porting it to C, which I'm going to snap up if they are still offering it.

My knowledge of C and C++ is about 10,000 times greater than FORTRAN.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Was subbed into BM XXXIII.

Now I'm going to be obsessively checking it in every spare moment that isn't dedicated to the two RTDs, the RP, or the forum game I'm involved in. Or finals or work. Not sure how to feel. Probably happy. :V

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

:)
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

Just watched Janet stream some more brutal doom, prettier and more functional weapons, additional enemy animations(ESPECIALLY when killed), MUCH more gore, Rip and Tear mode for berzerk, and much more gore... oh wait, I already mentioned that, that's just how much gore there is.

Day has felt a little slow overall but hey, people have had fun, and it was rather relaxed.

Also, continuing to use transparent just to mess with people's minds just one more time, and as such will increase the size of this post with the following...

WORD

Oh forgive me Janet... XP

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

I have seen the word, and it's in 36 point font.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile

Look at this. This is the best idea Gates has had since the PC.

Bill Gates finally gets a few points in my book. Forget what he says, mosquitoes.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 02:48:54 am by Heliman »

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gu1VhsNOwPU
Performance of the recent XKCD comic "Every Major's Terrible," set to the tune of "Modern Major General," as intended by the creator. Excellent. :D

Browsing through Thingiverse I came across Alot of Plastic.
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:17381
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 06:28:56 am by alway »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gu1VhsNOwPU
Performance of the recent XKCD comic "Every Major's Terrible," set to the tune of "Modern Major General," as intended by the creator. Excellent. :D

Oh yes, it had to happen, and it did. xD

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects

Looking at my dwarves carry delicious gold around. I love it even if I dont really use it. I just want to hoard it.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.
Pages: 1 ... 5219 5220 [5221] 5222 5223 ... 13325