Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5191 5192 [5193] 5194 5195 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15795815 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

It sounds something like fe-lum.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Holy snap, this Persona RPG is the best campaign I've run in a long time. Props to Ochita and Derm for both being individually awesome at roleplaying.
Eh, wot? Show me, por favor?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Holy snap, this Persona RPG is the best campaign I've run in a long time. Props to Ochita and Derm for both being individually awesome at roleplaying.
Eh, wot? Show me, por favor?

Aw, sorry, there's no thread. 99% of the RPGs I run are:

<Gatleos> "let's start an RPG" "okay when is it" "RIGHT NOW"

I can send you the campaign log if you want though.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Aww, man.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

One of my professors pronounces the word 'film' in an incredibly adorable way. Take the pronunciation of the initial 'f' and stick the pronunciation of the 'lum' from phylum on the end, and you've got it. :3

Your professor is indian.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

One of my professors pronounces the word 'film' in an incredibly adorable way. Take the pronunciation of the initial 'f' and stick the pronunciation of the 'lum' from phylum on the end, and you've got it. :3

Your professor is indian.

Nopes.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

More progress on Katakana in MJC. If there's a katakana for every hiragana, I don't quite understand why hiragana exists. I mean, why NOT have two alphabets? Not complicated at all...

Fortunately, Katakana is made up of simpler characters so it's not murdering my memory, but still...

There is only one song in the game, and that's a rather long loop of a shamisen playing some odd melody in the background, but the audio's busted so what I'm getting is this scratchy and jumpy ugly noise coming out of my speakers. Fortunately I can turn it off and listen to this on loop instead:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB30RVWeuP8

I just can't get frustrated when this is playing. It's too relaxing.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Katakana is for foreign words.  I guess it's to keep it separate from Hiragana?  Manga sound effects use both anyway.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile

Foreign words, some plants, most animals, and words that have an exception.

The origin: Men used katakana, women wrote hiragana. That changed (into its current form) slightly before the Meiji Restoration, I think.

...And don't forget the Kanji!  :P

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Okay, so now I can really get started on my big DF mod project >:D

Simply smelting rare-earths aren't enough for me, especially when there are 15 possible metals per ore, oh no, you're going to need some Vanadium Oxide (probably abstracted as cavansite/patronite no matter how unrealistic that is) as a catalyst to mix with brimstone to make H2SO4 and H2S2O7, the latter being a caustic gas, all to combine the H2SO4 with rock salt to make HCl (No sodium sulfate because the disposal of that can be abstracted), which can then finally be used to extract rare-earths from monazite and bastnäsite. Euxenite I'll figure something else out for.
The hell is this part doing in there? You're talking about re-creating IN A MOD exactly, OR SHOULD I SAY NEAR-EXACTLY, how to smelt rare-earths. And you decide to ABSTRACT something?!

GO TO YOUR ROOM. YOU HAVE LOST YOUR EVERYTHING PRIVILEGES. STOP BREATHING MY OXYGEN OR I SWEAR TO GOD I WILL KILL YOUR CORPSE.

Good news! I found out that sodium sulfate is good for detergent and potash! Clear glass for everyone!

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile

I've come up with a fairly unique (I think) paradigm for races excelling in particular ability scores that, among other things, generates the Dwarven politics I expect: maximum insults in an attempt to overwhelm the opponent's stoicism, which eventually and suddenly snaps. And then the warhammers come out.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile

I'm replying to something from a while ago in the sad thread, but posting here due to it now being happies.

\How can you not like justice league? It is literally the best thing to come out of DC in years.
I'll give a full rant when I finish it. On the bright side, what I've seen of the second season is definitely a step up. Less deus ex machina and they're actually doing some character development rather than assuming you already know everything about the characters and/or don't care.
It only got better after that.

Behold, a bullet point review of Justice League, including Justice League Unlimited, a 91 episode cartoon series that ended almost a decade ago. Spoilering for bigness.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Of the 4 super hero cartoons I've seen recently, they rank thus:

Batman The Animated Series = Batman Beyond > My Life as a Teenage Robot = Justice League Unlimited > The rest of Justice League

Next is Superman the Animated Series (yeah I know I'm not exactly going in chronological order). Then I'm out of cartoons D:
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 02:22:25 am by kaijyuu »
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

Got rid of my timeline.

Thank you Chrome!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

Got rid of my timeline.

Thank you Chronosphere!
Oh no... we must set this right!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGOm6fTulLw
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I watched the Avengers.

I honestly thought I would dislike it, too. "All these comic book characters with their normal movie actors working together? No one could do that justice!" But they did. The writing was not too great at times, but at other times it was just right. There was enough explosions and action to make Michael Bay wet his pants. The new guy who played Bruce Banner wasn't too great IMO, but I've always liked Robert Downey Jr., so keeping him in was a great idea. The Hawk and Black Widow looked like they were going to get some character development but ultimately got pushed to the side. Then again, I didn't really care about them. Thor was as beautifully hammy as ever which made the contrast between him and Iron Man during their fight very entertaining.
Pages: 1 ... 5191 5192 [5193] 5194 5195 ... 13325