Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5186 5187 [5188] 5189 5190 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15798440 times)

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm... Antiderivatives feel easier than derivatives which means I should breeze through the quiz today.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

Accidentally fixed Minecraft .jar with mods, so no 'having to start over again's for me!

I shudder at the thought of wasting 2 or more hours trying to troubleshoot...

E: Also, Happy Birthday, freeformschooler!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 11:59:47 am by New Guy »
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks for all the birthday wishes everyone!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

I got my final manuscript back for English.  They asked me if I wanted somebody to talk with though...

"Nevertheless, your manuscript is extraodinary.  A"

Why should I even bother with Engineering I clearly am a philosophical genius.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Half of the secret to success in the humanities is the ability to sound like you know what you're talking about while tailoring your ideas to fit with the preconceptions of whoever is evaluating them. That'll likely get you through most or all of your undergrad classes in soft fields. Of course, that might be changing a bit now that Deconstructionism is (finally) on the way out.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

Which is why we Humanities majors are such insufferable prigs. Because we've gotten so used to projecting an aura of being obviously learned. You Philistine.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile

I got my final manuscript back for English.  They asked me if I wanted somebody to talk with though...

say something philosophical revolving around chickens that is 100% original.
If you ask any philosopher to say something 100% original, you'd be disappointed. For all of philosophy is built upon the foundations of earlier thought. If great men are small men standing on the shoulders of giants, then great philosophers are small thinkers riding giant chickens.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch

Of course, that might be changing a bit now that Deconstructionism is (finally) on the way out.
There will always be something to take its place. Especially in art crit. The history of art criticism is a bunch of snobs saying stuff they know doesn't make sense forever.

Monocles are not optional.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Half of the secret to success in the humanities is the ability to sound like you know what you're talking about while tailoring your ideas to fit with the preconceptions of whoever is evaluating them. That'll likely get you through most or all of your undergrad classes in soft fields. Of course, that might be changing a bit now that Deconstructionism is (finally) on the way out.

'confidence'

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

say something philosophical revolving around chickens that is 100% original.
If you ask any philosopher to say something 100% original, you'd be disappointed. For all of philosophy is built upon the foundations of earlier thought. If great men are small men standing on the shoulders of giants, then great philosophers are small thinkers riding giant chickens.
It's funny because it's true. Though... not always intentional. It's pretty much a gauranteed thing in philosophy that you'll have this awesome, incredibly impressive conceptual system... and then you'll start the researching, for support and whatnot, and find out at least three other people had the exact same idea, one or more of them probably from several hundred years ago.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The secret to true creative genius is to hide your sources.

...I stole that.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile

Well done ToonyMan.  From what I've heard of it it definitely sounds like an impressive essay.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Well done ToonyMan.  From what I've heard of it it definitely sounds like an impressive essay.
Yeah it's been in the making for like a month.

Happily enough after my Calculus II final I'll have summer break until the end of August, yay.

My grades have been much improved this semester too.  All A's except for Calculus II which is a B right now.  Still an improvement over Calculus I.  I'm all studied up just kind of waiting now.  As long as I do moderately well I can't see anything but at least a B.

I think I already mentioned my 94 oral report for Spanish.  And 95 on my Spanish composition.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 02:20:19 pm by ToonyMan »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

Finals done. Just need to finish my final project for one class and a lab for another, and then welcome to summer.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 ... 5186 5187 [5188] 5189 5190 ... 13325