Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5085 5086 [5087] 5088 5089 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15781652 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: [┐('~`;)┌] The burritos are gone. (Happy Thread)
« Reply #76290 on: April 13, 2012, 09:00:42 am »

Apparently updating drivers of my ancient graphics card was everything that I needed to make Minecraft run-able.

Wooo!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #76291 on: April 13, 2012, 09:02:08 am »

Quote from: Toady One
I set a hauler to ride a minecart to its next stop. That happened to take the dwarf down eight ramps and then up a launch ramp into an open cavern. High up in the cavern there was a wide ledge and on the ledge there was a goblin, chilling out right where I had created it. I activated the dwarf's squad, and he had just enough hang-time at the top of the flight arc to get a punch in. The goblin struck back but the dwarf jumped on to the ledge, where they continued to fight as the cart fell down into the darkness. It'll be interesting to see the new contenders for "worst dodge decision" that come out of this, before I tackle that problem, but overall the item riding system seems to be functioning. As we continue to iron out issues there, it might also let caged creatures interact more with their environment later on.

Dear Armok. Dwarven drop pods.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #76292 on: April 13, 2012, 09:07:52 am »

Dwarven Nascar. Dwarven Redneck Nascar. I'm going to recreate the minecart chase from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom the first chance I get.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

DarkWolfXV

• Bay Watcher
  • Infernally rotten to the gore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76293 on: April 13, 2012, 09:13:46 am »

I just bought VGS Eruption for birthday.
Great guitar:D
Goats will ignore your grass and eat the neighbours' roses. They're just evil bastards like that.
Probably thats why they are used with pentagrams on covers of Satanic Black Metal albums.
BURNING SHIT AND EATING ROOSESSSSSS DDOFOFAOAARRRAHYYYE

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #76294 on: April 13, 2012, 09:27:58 am »

Dwarven Nascar. Dwarven Redneck Nascar. I'm going to recreate the minecart chase from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom the first chance I get.
I'll see you one Temple of Doom and raise you one Gringott's. Complete with artifact vault guarded by a chained dragon.
Yeah, I'm pretty stoked about the minecarts.

I have to say...whoever invented speculoospasta deserves a goddamn Nobel Prize for Deliciousness.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76295 on: April 13, 2012, 09:41:13 am »

Spekulatius as paste? DO WANT!

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #76296 on: April 13, 2012, 09:47:15 am »

Difficult. You have to learn an entirely different alphabet. Plus it has a complex declension system like Old English or Latin.

I wonder how hard Frisian is for an English speaker. Probably easier than Afrikaans since it's more closely related to English than Dutch is. Way more useless though.

Aha, that's the beauty of Afrikaans- it's not much more irregular than a creole language. Consider the following conjugation of "to be" in Afrikaans:

ek is
jy/u is
hy/sy/dit is
ons is
julle is
hulle is

You don't have to go through any sort of amo/amas/amat nonsense, in any verb, under any circumstances; you do in Frisian. The past is the same as the present in all but six verbs (you just use adverbs like "yesterday" if you must disambiguate); there is a different past tense in Frisian, with a whole new conjugation. The infinitive is the same as the present in all but two verbs; it's different in Frisian. All the other tenses are formed from auxiliary verbs. The nouns have no gender or case; they do in Frisian. The plurals are mostly regular (also mostly regular in Frisian, however). The adjectives aren't that complex (though they aren't in Frisian either). And the vocabulary- after all, this is really just Dutch Lite- is by no means difficult.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
« Reply #76297 on: April 13, 2012, 10:00:13 am »

I managed to get a graph to work in microsoft excel!

WOO! (took me about half an hour)

This. I was in tears of joy when I finally got the graph how I wanted it. I'm convinced that the program doesn't actually have a way to be manipulated to give you what you want the first time, but rather was designed to test human perseverance and reward reaction.
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76298 on: April 13, 2012, 10:02:54 am »

This. I was in tears of joy when I finally got the graph how I wanted it. I'm convinced that the program doesn't actually have a way to be manipulated to give you what you want the first time, but rather was designed to test human perseverance and reward reaction.

I never realized people had trouble configuring the graph wizard.

I'm sad I don't have Excel, I loved just fiddling around with it. I was even a member of a forum just for Excel questions. Nice little place it was.

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
« Reply #76299 on: April 13, 2012, 10:09:49 am »

alternatively, used to rout out the mentally unstable so the mental health care services actually had more to do...

Ehhh, maybe in a few years. Right now the mental health field takes the same approach to everything as Louis from L4D.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

At first I was suprised to hear that there were forums dedicated to the use of a spreadsheet program. Then I remember it's excel. And the problem with it is just that you can't modify things on the graph itself. You have to do it through rows and columns. And then you have to toggle this checkbox to do the wrong thing that's almost right. Then you reconfigure your columns and rows, and then... well hell, I'm just terrible with it.

On a better note, and more related to my psych response, I have the best Psychopathology professor I could have ever hoped for. Older guy, swears like a sailor, and he has an amazing passion for what he does. He's developed the most effective treatment for chronic depression and he's sucessfully given psychotherapy over skype. There aren't a ton of good people in the world, and it's a great feeling when you find them.
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76300 on: April 13, 2012, 11:19:45 am »

Nobody Scores! - "A little comic about inevitable disaster" is updating again. This makes me happy.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #76301 on: April 13, 2012, 11:40:19 am »

Difficult. You have to learn an entirely different alphabet. Plus it has a complex declension system like Old English or Latin.

I wonder how hard Frisian is for an English speaker. Probably easier than Afrikaans since it's more closely related to English than Dutch is. Way more useless though.

Aha, that's the beauty of Afrikaans- it's not much more irregular than a creole language. Consider the following conjugation of "to be" in Afrikaans:

ek is
jy/u is
hy/sy/dit is
ons is
julle is
hulle is

That conjugation is to Dutch, what the following one is for English.
i is
yuo is
hee/see/id is
us is
yuo is
(I have no idea what hulle means).

No offense, but hearing someone speak Afrikaans is kinda like hearing a toddler speak.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76302 on: April 13, 2012, 11:42:27 am »

Hulle most likely means "they".

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76303 on: April 13, 2012, 11:52:28 am »

Funny how they apparently didn't think of the concept of underwear. (Caution, NSFPH)

E:Wait what double post? I am disappointed by the lack of posting in this thread. It means that there's no happy. :/

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #76304 on: April 13, 2012, 11:56:32 am »

To be fair, pants are quite barbaric.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 5085 5086 [5087] 5088 5089 ... 13325