Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5074 5075 [5076] 5077 5078 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15767177 times)

Yannanth

« Reply #76125 on: April 10, 2012, 04:49:32 pm »

« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 06:01:43 pm by Yannanth »

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)] BURRITOTOWN!? (Happy Thread)
« Reply #76126 on: April 10, 2012, 04:52:52 pm »

This video, which proves that Canada > USA.
Wow, those guys went really purple... Were those harnesses choking them in some way?

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #76127 on: April 10, 2012, 04:55:12 pm »

A team member for Prometheus-camp am I.

Also won 50€ by being the best from our school in an economy knowledge thing, organized by some banks.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #76128 on: April 10, 2012, 04:56:14 pm »

Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #76129 on: April 10, 2012, 05:52:33 pm »

I love how movies always show "hacking" or other assorted computer wizardry in some kind of graphical wonderland (like the infamous "UNIX" system in Jurassic Park) with progress bars and timers and whatnot, but the best way to get someone's jaw to drop and have them mutter something like "You people are gods" still remains pulling up a command prompt and fixing a problem entirely by typing arcane command-line stuff with lots of flags and switches.  ;D
That reminds me of when I was in elementary school (1st grade, I think), and some of my classmates were trying to load up a program while visiting the school library, and what would have taken them all week to figure out, I managed to get done in less than a minute. I would have to say, at that age, I was an "enlightened one" that can operate a computer. Mind you, this was before Windows got super fancy and I had to resort to the stuff that came with classic DOS (directory trees and such, along with a few basic commands).

i just love watching my fortresses decend into chaos...
Funny enough, my fort is actually ascending towards order; although I've just started my 3rd year of it. But for a Vault-Tec style vault fortress (based on the Fallout3 model, using Deon's wasteland mod (.92f)), it's almost running like clockwork, despite such a small doorway being the only way in and out of the vault (sticking to the style; big vault door, small wood door covering the cave entrance). It also helps that I got the plumbing down and got a decent reservoir inside to keep most of the lazier population indoors with their parties. I'm getting close to breaching 100 population, and my FPS is starting to take a hit as well. Actually, the population is large enough to slow or stop migration into the fort, fortunately.

I've just now started working on my military and filling in any leftover nobility blanks so I can start upgrading the system, as well as beef up security to the point of being ready for ambushes and sieges, as well as digging deeper. For all the work put into it so far, it looks nice.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 05:56:53 pm by Itnetlolor »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76130 on: April 10, 2012, 06:11:47 pm »

Soup! It's what's for dinner!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #76131 on: April 10, 2012, 06:25:26 pm »

I love how movies always show "hacking" or other assorted computer wizardry in some kind of graphical wonderland (like the infamous "UNIX" system in Jurassic Park) with progress bars and timers and whatnot, but the best way to get someone's jaw to drop and have them mutter something like "You people are gods" still remains pulling up a command prompt and fixing a problem entirely by typing arcane command-line stuff with lots of flags and switches.  ;D
Indeed. My relatives are amazed at home when I do anything from the terminal prompt. Even if all I did was "aptitude install whatever".
On a darker note of the same phenomenom, a longtime friend (and crush) of mine recently remarked to me in a telephone chat that I should have worked in computer science, because I know lots of stuff(not actually true). She probably meant this as a compliment, but since I'm a medical school graduate (as is she, for that matter) it annoyed me somewhat.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76132 on: April 10, 2012, 06:48:21 pm »

Playing Cataclysm.

Ramming a truck through a building and crushing a dozen zombies to death is more fun than it has any right to be
*Hugs*

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #76133 on: April 10, 2012, 07:33:05 pm »

Playing Cataclysm.

Ramming a truck through a building and crushing a dozen zombies to death is more fun than it has any right to be
There are vehicles now?!!?!?!?!?!
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #76134 on: April 10, 2012, 07:56:22 pm »

Also playing Cataclysm, and having trouble getting past the first day alive. Including when my character started with a basement gun stash.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #76135 on: April 10, 2012, 08:12:22 pm »

Working on D&D stats.

Spoiler: D&D and Ponies (click to show/hide)
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #76136 on: April 10, 2012, 08:14:43 pm »

What I do: Make your absolute priority to get a backpack and a HANDGUN (not a rifle. Not a smg), and kill things from point blank range, and only when you have no other choice.

After that come

- Books
- A heavy-duty gun (.45, or .44) for hulk encounters.
- Food (first perishable, then on subsequent raids nonperishable)
- RAM, processor board, screwdriver, solderin iron (for electrohack)

Then I raid labs with the aim of getting a bare minimum of metabolic interchange+ 3 internal batteries + integrated toolset + electromagnetic unit (and cranial flashlight, if possible)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #76137 on: April 10, 2012, 08:17:00 pm »

lolD&Dponies
:3

In more serious news, delicious, delicious chocolate-covered jelly rings. OMNOMNOM.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #76138 on: April 10, 2012, 08:29:26 pm »

You know, shortly after release, Legend released the My Little Legend PDF, with normal ponies, elemental ponies, unicorns, and pegasi as races.

I'm sure I've mentioned how awesome it is.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76139 on: April 10, 2012, 08:39:21 pm »

SANDVICH!
*nom-nom-nom, om-nom*
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 5074 5075 [5076] 5077 5078 ... 13325