Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5068 5069 [5070] 5071 5072 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15760192 times)

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #76035 on: April 09, 2012, 10:45:38 am »

Considering moving in with my grandmother. Why does this make me happy? It's my first big decision as an adult. Yay for responsibility!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76036 on: April 09, 2012, 10:51:20 am »

Going to be driving out and handing out resumes today with my new car. I actually feel a wee bit nervous gotta say.
PROTIP: Don't try to drive and hand out resumes at the same time. Stop the car first, then hand out resumes. Safety First!

But I have this special gun that only shoots resumes at people! This expedites my job search a thousandfold.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #76037 on: April 09, 2012, 11:01:30 am »

Speaking of safety, remeber in case of a mass pedestrian infestation:

Car>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Flesh
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #76038 on: April 09, 2012, 11:11:18 am »

Going to be driving out and handing out resumes today with my new car. I actually feel a wee bit nervous gotta say.
PROTIP: Don't try to drive and hand out resumes at the same time. Stop the car first, then hand out resumes. Safety First!
But I have this special gun that only shoots resumes at people! This expedites my job search a thousandfold.
I thought you had your resume embossed in reverse on the front so impact marks leave the resume embedded in whatever, and whoever you run into.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76039 on: April 09, 2012, 11:17:29 am »

I thought you had your resume embossed in reverse on the front so impact marks leave the resume embedded in whatever, and whoever you run into.

I could do that as well, but I think the only resume I could emboss that people would care about is:

Joshua FH

PROFESSIONAL MANIAC

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #76040 on: April 09, 2012, 12:14:26 pm »

My tentacle&treasure game is going to be an .exe, woo!

Also: I still have easter chocolates aplenty, woo!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76041 on: April 09, 2012, 12:29:15 pm »

If you developed a method of firing paper flat against wind resistance with enough force to emboss itself in people's flesh, I think I'd hire you anyway :P
*Hugs*

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #76042 on: April 09, 2012, 12:44:16 pm »

It's a type of origami with a spring-loaded structure that explosively opens just before impact. Also, his name is signed with a superheated vanadium-steel template. So it's not so much emboss as "brand". He heard about pushing his "brand identity", and well...results happened.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #76043 on: April 09, 2012, 03:40:02 pm »

I just eloquently cussed out and called on the carpet an attorney who offered a new law school grad $28,000/year salary with no benefits to be a full time attorney, paying for his own malpractice insurance. Grad, of course, did not and could not accept. Made attorney feel lower than whale shit, which is an insult to whale shit everywhere.

I hate people and it was wonderful to get one of them who (especially) deserves it. Also I think the new grad might have gotten something out of it as well but I don't care. I hate this attorney. I do. Every time he talks I just want to chip a little piece off one of his teeth for each word he speaks, solely to cause him pain. I routinely tell him to go crawl in a hole and die, publicly, and I mean it. (I don't care if this is "a horrible thing to do" and never will under any circumstances give a shit), $28,000/year for a lawyer, fuck... you. Your being cheap is killing the profession and don't think that structural instability is something you personally won't have to deal with sooner or later.

....My my, whatever would those uptown clients of yours say if they found out this is what their tens of thousands of dollars in legal fees go towards? Is that a new tie? It doesn't cover up the ugly, because it's inside you....

Edit: It appears boss heard of this and thought it was awesome! :D

Edit 2: Got email from grad thanking me for "saying what [she] couldn't." She'll be shadowing me and learning the trade for a bit. Somebody's gotta teach it. God knows the law schools suck ass at it.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 03:47:49 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76044 on: April 09, 2012, 03:46:15 pm »

The roommate isn't home, and it's warm enough that I don't have to wear clothes.

That is all.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76045 on: April 09, 2012, 03:51:10 pm »

I have been awarded scholarships totaling $73,000 by the University of Minnesota!

I am quite pleased about this.

Edit:  Truean, I have to say, that's amazing.  You are a credit to your profession.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 03:54:11 pm by Lucus Casius »

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76046 on: April 09, 2012, 03:53:35 pm »

Congrats!
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76047 on: April 09, 2012, 03:55:10 pm »

I got back from beating the pavement for a job. I got to know Saginaw's downtown district just a little bit better, getting to go into buildings I've only ever seen from the outside.

Also, I've found out that about half or more of the buildings are closed or rundown. This was probably my first time just going from place to place to talk face to face and try to sell myself. I was really nervous about it and only dropped about three resumes, and even then I think I could've done better.

Going to try for a different part of town next time, maybe coast into Bay City for a bit.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #76048 on: April 09, 2012, 04:25:06 pm »

Made of star guts :D

Yes, it's a well known fact and all, but it's always nice and reassuring to hear it spoken in such nice words by someone who knows how to use them, you know, it's like knowing you're awesome but you still feel amazing when someone points out you're awesome.

BAY12!!
YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!!
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #76049 on: April 09, 2012, 04:33:22 pm »

I have decided on a college. Interestingly, it's Michigan Tech, the school I had no intention of going to when I applied.

It's nice, there's a ski hill ~15 minutes away (would be closer if you didn't need to drive 5 minutes up the road, take the bridge over the river-like lake, and drive 5 minutes back down the road) with a 440 foot vertical (pretty good for a Midwest ski hill) to which we get free access. The ski season is not going to listen to the excuse of a lack of snow; the lowest amount of snow since 1890 was a respectable 81-ish inches in the winter of 1930-31.

Oh, and it's got good classes and opportunities and all that.
Pages: 1 ... 5068 5069 [5070] 5071 5072 ... 13325