Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5042 5043 [5044] 5045 5046 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15763049 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #75645 on: April 04, 2012, 01:14:09 am »

This is going to be another one of those DF releases where I'm just like "oh god, I can't play the current one, X feature is going to make the next version so much better".

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #75646 on: April 04, 2012, 01:19:48 am »

This is going to be another one of those DF releases where I'm just like "oh god, I can't play the current one, X feature is going to make the next version so much better".
This. 

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #75647 on: April 04, 2012, 01:48:31 am »

I'm watching a documentary on 2012 produced by The Disinformation Company. So appropriate.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75648 on: April 04, 2012, 02:22:32 am »

I have a feeling this is going to be another red letter month for donations.  My goodness.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #75649 on: April 04, 2012, 02:26:58 am »

I only just donate like three days ago. Now I want to again.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75650 on: April 04, 2012, 02:27:12 am »

I have a feeling this is going to be another red letter month for donations.  My goodness.

I actually had to look up the meaning of Red Letter, it was such an obscure little phrase that it has escaped my diction for all these years, and for good reason. I was confused since I associated "red" with bad. Blood, stop lights/signs, fire, and most importantly, marking your net losses for the month for your finances.

For that reason, I think it's better to say "Black Letter Month" since Toady'll be turning a profit. As much of a profit that can be made being a guy working on donations.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #75651 on: April 04, 2012, 02:29:39 am »

don't you mean african-american letter month?

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #75652 on: April 04, 2012, 02:30:48 am »

thatsracist.gif
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75653 on: April 04, 2012, 02:41:37 am »

Been listening to more of the Final Fantasy Complete OST on random while playing Fire Emblem. It's MUCH MUCH MUCH better than FE's music. Makes me sad that for how much I like FE, like all it's music is stale MIDI compositions.

Also, there's way more voiced pieces in FF9's OST than I remember there ever being in the game. and..

Is that a harpist in the background? yes! <3

Harps are up there with tubas and saxophones in that if they're done right, they just take that musical piece to the next fucking level instantly.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 02:43:25 am by JoshuaFH »

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75654 on: April 04, 2012, 03:17:38 am »

Nobuo Uematsu did some pretty great tracks for the Final Fantasy series. I still like Motoi Sakuraba better, but mostly because he is more willing to experiment. Both definitely among the greats, though.

Speaking of FF, I recently discovered a re-translation patch for Final Fantasy Tactics, which upgrades the garbled Engrish from the PS1 version to the pseudo-Shakespearean script used in the recent PSP/iPhone ports. The story and characters are so much more intelligible and complex now. I really like it. The project is called Final Fantasy Tactics - Complete, if anyone was curious. Apparently it also adds in Japan-only content too, as well as removes some glitches and exploits to make the game more challenging (though not a complete gameplay overhaul/redesign like FFT+).

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #75655 on: April 04, 2012, 03:32:57 am »

Bleh. The PSP translation sucks.

The original failed at basic english. The new one failed at ye olde englishe.

Personally, I'll take engrish over thees and thous. Plus there were some (unintentionally) awesome lines in the original, like the "blame yourself, or God" one from everyone's favorite anti-hero/villain/whatever (I still don't know what to classify Delita as, except a jerk).

There's some good hacks of FFT out there if you want challenge or rebalancing though. I hacked it a bit to try to make a personal patch to fix all the things I hated about the original, but got bogged down in new features to add and never finished :X
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #75656 on: April 04, 2012, 03:34:26 am »

Personally, I'll take engrish over thees and thous.
Somebody introduce him to Chrono Trigger or the Persona games.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #75657 on: April 04, 2012, 03:36:47 am »

Frog's dialog always sounded wacky to me, too. As a kid I thought it a running joke to have him speak like that.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #75658 on: April 04, 2012, 03:37:03 am »

Nobuo Uematsu did some pretty great tracks for the Final Fantasy series. I still like Motoi Sakuraba better, but mostly because he is more willing to experiment. Both definitely among the greats, though.

Speaking of FF, I recently discovered a re-translation patch for Final Fantasy Tactics, which upgrades the garbled Engrish from the PS1 version to the pseudo-Shakespearean script used in the recent PSP/iPhone ports. The story and characters are so much more intelligible and complex now. I really like it. The project is called Final Fantasy Tactics - Complete, if anyone was curious. Apparently it also adds in Japan-only content too, as well as removes some glitches and exploits to make the game more challenging (though not a complete gameplay overhaul/redesign like FFT+).

Does it still atleast have L     I    T    T     L    E  Money?

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #75659 on: April 04, 2012, 04:34:08 am »

Dalek Relaxation For Humans.
Your tension has been exterminated.

Also, more info about Notch's space game at 0x10c.com
Space AND programming/computers? Hells yes!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 05:32:02 am by alway »
Pages: 1 ... 5042 5043 [5044] 5045 5046 ... 13325