Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4976 4977 [4978] 4979 4980 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15781718 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: [ヽ(°ヮ。)ノ] HEADPANTS! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #74655 on: March 20, 2012, 05:23:36 pm »

Seriously, they need to update the targeting computers or something.

Also, dammit Guild Wars is 2 gud.  It's everything good about an MMO, with everything bad cut out.  But I've only got 45 minutes left on my trial, and I'm trying to ration it until I get a chance to buy the full game.

Is it a grindfest or not?
That's my biggest concern.

No.  At least not from what I saw.  The tutorial area is a little grindy feeling but after that everything feels like an instanced dungeon in a regular MMO, complete with bosses.  If you don't have friends the game provides AI companions who are a huge help.  In the ten hour trial I got to level 8 out of 20. 
Shoes...

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #74656 on: March 20, 2012, 05:24:45 pm »

A nice 3d animated short.
Whoa. That is really good.
Wow.  That scenery is fucking nice.  This is something I would genuinely like to see turned into a full fledged movie;  assuming the team that made the short in the first place was on the big movie production crew, of course.

I rather wish that more people would put out shorts like this.  I don't always need fully fleshed out epic universes with detailed interwoven character backstories.  Sometimes it's exhilarating just to catch a glimpse into something.  It sparks the imagination more.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #74657 on: March 20, 2012, 05:56:00 pm »

I finally figured out what that thing is in the subject line.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #74658 on: March 20, 2012, 06:01:24 pm »

I've figured out two things from the recorded version of TotalBiscuit's playthrough of Asura's Wrath so far: It is not all quick time events, and it is like God Hand. And it is an awesome game to watch.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74659 on: March 20, 2012, 06:35:32 pm »

Completed The Witcher 2. Pretty fun game, I like the plot, and the characters, and the moral grey of it all. It's a good kind of moral grey, one where there's a mix of good and bad, and a lot of good people fighting each other. The bad people also have motivations that make sense, they also tend to have good qualities, rather than being just vicious assholes through and through.

The gameplay was often frustrating though, fortunately I'm a very patient person, who is also apparently slightly sadistic since I'm considering playing it on the highest difficulty now.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #74660 on: March 20, 2012, 06:40:00 pm »

building blocks for organic life... and also means that these same organic chemicals have the potential to be all over the universe!
That part isn't news; we've known that for decades. For example, a variety of sugar found in space 12 years ago: http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2000/ast20jun_1/

Organic molecules are actually really common simply because they are composed of the most common elements in the universe (aside from helium, which is pretty much chemically inert). Of the non noble gasses, the 5 most common elements are: hydrogen, oxygen, carbon, iron, nitrogen. So if you find any sort of molecule anywhere in the universe, chances are it has a lot of these, if it's not composed of them entirely.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74661 on: March 20, 2012, 07:18:42 pm »

The big thing is this is solid Buckminsterfullerine, which has never before been discovered in nature, nor has it been discovered in such quantities. We're talking 10,000 Mt. Everests in volume of high-density organic molecules here. And just in one place in one corner of space... this could be everywhere stars are!

It's a window into what could be the origin of organic life in the universe. It's really cool!

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74662 on: March 20, 2012, 07:24:13 pm »

The big thing is this is solid Buckminsterfullerine, which has never before been discovered in nature, nor has it been discovered in such quantities. We're talking 10,000 Mt. Everests in volume of high-density organic molecules here. And just in one place in one corner of space... this could be everywhere stars are!

It's a window into what could be the origin of organic life in the universe. It's really cool!
Do you suppose there might be life out there that exists in conditions vastly different to ours?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #74663 on: March 20, 2012, 07:30:45 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=105154.0

This thread has grown far too quickly to be healthy :P

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #74664 on: March 20, 2012, 07:32:07 pm »

But totally secret.  And you know what?  Life's never been the same.

Shoes...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #74665 on: March 20, 2012, 07:33:19 pm »

Five currency units it gets stopped by Toady as a spam thread :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #74666 on: March 20, 2012, 07:34:22 pm »

Five currency units it gets stopped by Toady as a spam thread :P
I'm surprised it got past 100 posts :p

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #74667 on: March 20, 2012, 07:34:36 pm »

I was kinda sad the anti-brony thread that popped up in response to that thread got the guy a permaban. He didn't seem serious.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #74668 on: March 20, 2012, 07:37:28 pm »

I was going to post in it, insulting the OP's intelligence but Toady deleted the thread before I got the chance.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #74669 on: March 20, 2012, 07:38:41 pm »

I was kinda sad the anti-brony thread that popped up in response to that thread got the guy a permaban. He didn't seem serious.
Poor immortal, was just a lurker looking for some lulz :(

That said, didn't actually see the anti-brony thread that got deleted, was it bad bad?
Pages: 1 ... 4976 4977 [4978] 4979 4980 ... 13325