Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4905 4906 [4907] 4908 4909 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15760755 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: [~~__ o( ><)o] Oh god the melting! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #73590 on: March 09, 2012, 01:04:59 am »

Depends on what type of immortality, as well. Anything that didn't include aging stopping/being controllable would be right out.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #73591 on: March 09, 2012, 01:15:12 am »

Haven't read The Walking Dead in a year or two, and decided to check up on it.  I'm about 40 issues behind!  Starting to re-read this from the beginning.  I'd forgotten how much I love these comics. 

Thinking about coloring some more pages, which is something I think I could do discreetly enough at work.  I colored pages 1 and 2 of the first issue like 7 years ago.  Can't believe it's been that long already.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #73592 on: March 09, 2012, 01:16:25 am »

Haven't read The Walking Dead in a year or two, and decided to check up on it.  I'm about 40 issues behind!  Starting to re-read this from the beginning.  I'd forgotten how much I love these comics. 

Just started reading that. Only up to issue 16.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73593 on: March 09, 2012, 01:17:11 am »

I think immortality would suck. Everything would get boring after a while and once the sun explodes and humanity dies out then its gonna be a lonely existence.

You're assuming that, with time and research, you wouldn't be able to travel the stars. Immortality promises a lot of time. You could even afford interplanetary travel with present technology, or act as a living library for a society, perfect every possible skill... so many things.

I can't understand how anyone could greet the thought of immortality with fear or revulsion. Life is flipping great. More life is even better.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 01:18:52 am by Solifuge »

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #73594 on: March 09, 2012, 01:21:52 am »

I'm all about living for the sake of living, even in the light of immortality. Life is a pretty rare and cool gift, when you look at the shear amount of not-life the universe is filled with... and I'm all about taking that gift and making use of it. No sense letting it go to waste.

I don't see why a gift like Immortality would be any different. Just got to self-motivate, and find things to commit yourself to.
I bet immortals would have trouble with motivation. I mean, it's pretty easy to procrastinate when you have an eternity to do something.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #73595 on: March 09, 2012, 01:22:47 am »

I'm pretty sure I need a few hundred years before I'll begin to feel like I've gotten everything I can out of life.  As it is, I sometimes freeze up when I have any significant chunk of free time, because I fucking overload with indecision about all the things I want to do.

And yeah... it would be pretty damn awesome to be among the very first generation of people to be granted significant longevity, let alone immortality.  Think about what it would be like now to know someone who's been around since the 18th century.  Now imagine being that person from the 18th century.

I bet immortals would have trouble with motivation. I mean, it's pretty easy to procrastinate when you have an eternity to do something.

My biggest problem with motivation is not wanting to start something I won't have time to finish.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 01:24:28 am by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #73596 on: March 09, 2012, 01:25:26 am »

Meh, It just seems even if you managed to get out into the stars that after a while everything would begin to dull. However, I have a hard time sitting still so that's probably part of it. As long as you don't age either, my grandmother was doing bad enough by the end that she had to focus on getting her breathing back to normal after chewing a bite of food. I'm sure the smoking didn't help with that either.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73597 on: March 09, 2012, 01:25:39 am »

I'm all about living for the sake of living, even in the light of immortality. Life is a pretty rare and cool gift, when you look at the shear amount of not-life the universe is filled with... and I'm all about taking that gift and making use of it. No sense letting it go to waste.

I don't see why a gift like Immortality would be any different. Just got to self-motivate, and find things to commit yourself to.
Story of my life.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #73598 on: March 09, 2012, 01:27:53 am »

Depends on what type of immortality, as well. Anything that didn't include aging stopping/being controllable would be right out.
Personally, I would like my immortality to be of neopalitan flavor. I get to choose which kind when I want. Keep pain, keep aging, but not die (at least to keep prying eyes from noticing), no pain when I do stupid things and don't want to get hurt or no death if I want to avoid accidentally dying, and no aging if I am feeling frisky. I like to pick and choose how I live on eternally given the choice.

I can always start a new civilization and act as a serving god; that can keep me occupied for a good century. Not to mention maintaining essentially a colossal family tree as the main root.

I think I'll need a theme song.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 01:30:23 am by Itnetlolor »

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73599 on: March 09, 2012, 01:31:25 am »

Itnetlolor, that was basically playing in my head through this entire discussion.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #73600 on: March 09, 2012, 01:33:08 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t92ukx0A2fk And now, the three cutest Stark children sing over the opening theme to Game of Thrones. So cute.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73601 on: March 09, 2012, 01:39:14 am »

That's among the best bonus features for a DVD I've seen, since the musical commentary for the Dr. Horrible DVD.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #73602 on: March 09, 2012, 01:39:35 am »

Sometimes I see death as a happy moment that would release me from all these stupid mortal cares, such as getting a job or dealing with the crap life throws at me.

Then I realize that I am not sure what lies beyond death's door. Where will I be? Will I bring my old fears, habits, and weaknesses with me? Will I still have to worry about things? Will I even exist beyond this life?

All these questions make me fear and want to avoid death, while simultaneously making me not enjoy life quite as much. How subtly depression sneaks up on me during these musings.

Thanks guys. :(

Ninja Edit: Thanks for the video link. That cheered me up. :D
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 01:41:40 am by Knight of Fools »
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #73603 on: March 09, 2012, 01:42:31 am »

[evil]
My plan is complete.....
[/evil]
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73604 on: March 09, 2012, 02:01:26 am »

I don't know... whenever I feel depressed, I find comfort in my mortality and relative cosmic insignificance. It reminds me of how my entire life is nothing more than a brief little blip of awareness on an tiny rock that drifts with other rocks around a star among billions of stars in a single arm of a galaxy swirling amidst countless galaxies in a supercluster dancing around other superclusters through an impossibly vast, ancient, and unknowable void.

It reminds me that the rent being late, my friends and I having arguments, my car breaking down, and so on are not such big deals. It helps me focus on just living life, rather than worrying if I'm doing it right.
Pages: 1 ... 4905 4906 [4907] 4908 4909 ... 13325