Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4904 4905 [4906] 4907 4908 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15760333 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: [~~__ o( ><)o] Oh god the melting! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #73575 on: March 08, 2012, 11:50:59 pm »

Played some Ace Of Spades today. My god, is that game FUN! I especially like how easily you die.

If you see anyone by the name of "Nixitur", that's me. I usually play on "Shams Little Pony".

I played this for the first time today, joined your server,  After 30 min. had the top score on the server, and was the only one to get the other teams intel, got it 3 times.

People on that server aren't very good

People on that server aren't very good

Maybe I should play on that server and rock their worlds, lag permitting.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73576 on: March 08, 2012, 11:58:09 pm »

Well, by dying, you technically become immortal because you can't die anymore. Death is the secret to immortality!
That light at the end of the tunnel is your next life being born.

Reincarnation sounds even worse than dying. I don't want to be a kid again! That was bad enough the first time through.

This is the best happy thread derail btw.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #73577 on: March 09, 2012, 12:01:57 am »

I've always concurred with the whole "You'll kill yourself eventually thing" just in the hope that someone will actually make it happen so I can see if it's true or not.

I doubt it though.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #73578 on: March 09, 2012, 12:03:16 am »

Reincarnation sounds even worse than dying. I don't want to be a kid again! That was bad enough the first time through.

Better get down to some depravity, then. Work it hard enough and you'll be reborn something incapable of self-reflection or awareness. Being born won't be so bad in that case, and life will pass without any suffering (or thought) at all.

... of course, then there's round three fight where you get reborn yet again as something more conscious. But at least you had that little break in between!

E: Actually round X±3, but whatever. Cycles and all that.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 12:06:59 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73579 on: March 09, 2012, 12:06:03 am »

Better get down to some depravity, then. Work it hard enough and you'll be reborn something incapable of self-reflection or awareness. Being born won't be so bad in that case, and life will pass without any suffering (or thought) at all.

... of course, then there's round three fight where you get reborn yet again as something more conscious. But at least you had that little break in between!

Time to get reborn as an anemone, and have the happy clown fish hide from predators in my swaths of poisonous tentacles. I always thought that'd be oddly fulfilling even if I couldn't appreciate it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #73580 on: March 09, 2012, 12:09:16 am »

See? Reincarnation can be cheerful, too! All it'd take is violating a few cows or something, pretty easy. Probably be able to manage not to get caught without much effort, too. Good times all around and a next life you can get behind.
Ask not!
Ask!

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #73581 on: March 09, 2012, 12:13:16 am »

I've always concurred with the whole "You'll kill yourself eventually thing" just in the hope that someone will actually make it happen so I can see if it's true or not.

I doubt it though.
I'd contend that any situation in which most of the population dies of suicide can't really be called a utopia. I mean, suicide is possibly the worst way to go: no matter how painless you make it, you would know it was going to happen pretty well in advance, and you are quite likely to not be in a good mood when it happens.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 12:19:46 am by Kadzar »
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #73582 on: March 09, 2012, 12:17:43 am »

... willing, painless, suicide, after living a full life, isn't an ideal death? Having absolute or near absolute over the method and time of your own end sounds pretty darn utopian to me...

E-to-the-E: Well, the argument is that after two or three hundred years of living, either seeing what comes next or getting some bloody peace, finally, is going to be a pretty cheerful thing.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 12:23:37 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73583 on: March 09, 2012, 12:27:53 am »

I'm all about living for the sake of living, even in the light of immortality. Life is a pretty rare and cool gift, when you look at the shear amount of not-life the universe is filled with... and I'm all about taking that gift and making use of it. No sense letting it go to waste.

I don't see why a gift like Immortality would be any different. Just got to self-motivate, and find things to commit yourself to.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #73584 on: March 09, 2012, 12:29:53 am »

Well, if you're a select group of people with immortality knowing that everyone you love and like will eventually die would be kind of depressing.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73585 on: March 09, 2012, 12:34:42 am »

Well, if you're a select group of people with immortality knowing that everyone you love and like will eventually die would be kind of depressing.

As far as I see it, people are dying all the time, whether I know them or not. The loss of life, be it a childhood friend, a relative, an admired celebrity, or someone I never knew whose death made international news, is always tragic.

Being Immortal wouldn't change that, nor would it change that life goes on, and is something to be celebrated and appreciated. I think an actual Immortal would be a lot less Emo than stories lead us to suspect.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #73586 on: March 09, 2012, 12:44:33 am »

*enters thread*

Personally, I am of the opinion that an Immortal would get very bored, simply because history is always repeating itself. :P

How did we even get onto this topic? O_o

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #73587 on: March 09, 2012, 12:49:20 am »

For me, I wouldn't mind immortality, because part of me is terrified of death, and because all of me is an emotionally stunted shut-in bibliophile.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73588 on: March 09, 2012, 12:54:48 am »

Yeah, I'll take some of that-there immortality. Provided I didn't slowly fall apart anyway; no point in living forever if your brain turned to mush centuries ago.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #73589 on: March 09, 2012, 12:58:58 am »

I think immortality would suck. Everything would get boring after a while and once the sun explodes and humanity dies out then its gonna be a lonely existence.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!
Pages: 1 ... 4904 4905 [4906] 4907 4908 ... 13325