Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4902 4903 [4904] 4905 4906 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15765162 times)

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [~~__ o( ><)o] Oh god the melting! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #73545 on: March 08, 2012, 09:15:14 pm »

I am now 25 years old.
Happy birthday! You are now even older!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73546 on: March 08, 2012, 09:29:18 pm »

I am now 20 years old.

Japa, 9th?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #73547 on: March 08, 2012, 09:46:05 pm »

I am now 20 years old.

Japa, 9th?

9th.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73548 on: March 08, 2012, 09:47:02 pm »

I'm turning 23 on the 21st.

I'm terrified at the thought of getting older.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #73549 on: March 08, 2012, 09:59:48 pm »

Why? I don't see anything scary about it unless Alzeihmers or senility runs in your family.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73550 on: March 08, 2012, 10:09:55 pm »

I'm terrified at the thought of aging.

Growing older, no problem. Aging, fuck that noise.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73551 on: March 08, 2012, 10:17:18 pm »

I'm turning 23 on the 21st.

Don't be. Too many good things come with age.
Or is there a specific reason why getting older is a bad thing?

If it's death you're afraid of, don't be, he's a pretty nice guy once you get to meet him.
No matter what you believe (or don't) there's no reason to be afraid of death. 

Unless you pledged your soul to Cthulhu.  Then you're kinda in trouble.  Besides that's a long ways away.

@Descan: Why exactly?
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #73552 on: March 08, 2012, 10:26:06 pm »

What's not to be terrified about your body breaking down and your mind slowly degenerating? Years ticking up is just kinda' meh, knowing that most of the things that make your life most vibrant (Your body, your mind) is going to increasing fail you and bring you immense and long term amounts of pain... that's frakking scary, really.

If age didn't involve the functioning of everything in your body starting to collapse, it wouldn't be troubling at all :-\

E: Wait, what the hell is this doing in the happy thread?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #73553 on: March 08, 2012, 10:30:16 pm »

Just played a D&D game. Due to my character's alternating good and terrible rolls, he might as well never have existed. See, he never actually hit anything, nor was he ever specifically targeted, but he successfully saved against everything that affected him (some area effects), which meant that he could not possibly have died. Kind of hilarious, actually.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73554 on: March 08, 2012, 10:32:52 pm »

Just played a D&D game. Due to my character's alternating good and terrible rolls, he might as well never have existed. See, he never actually hit anything, nor was he ever specifically targeted, but he successfully saved against everything that affected him (some area effects), which meant that he could not possibly have died. Kind of hilarious, actually.
I think we've all been there :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #73555 on: March 08, 2012, 10:33:21 pm »

Was this the overweight vampire character?
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #73556 on: March 08, 2012, 10:37:49 pm »

Was this the overweight vampire character?
It was Mr. Bombardini, yeah. I'll have to reuse him if I get the chance, I kind of want to see what sort of damage he could realistically do. And the roleplaying was quite fun.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73557 on: March 08, 2012, 10:46:05 pm »

Aging because of what the other guy said. I'm not so much scared of Death, as much as I'm scared of not living. There's a bit of a difference, see if you can spot it.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #73558 on: March 08, 2012, 11:01:49 pm »

The part about getting older that scares me isn't death or physical deterioration. It's the fear that I'm not living up to society's expectations of what a person of my age should have accomplished by now.

As for actual happy news, I've finally come to realize that I don't love the Girl I'd Had a Crush on Since High School. Or, at least, not anymore. It's actually a relief to be able to admit this to myself.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73559 on: March 08, 2012, 11:05:16 pm »

Why? I don't see anything scary about it unless Alzeihmers or senility runs in your family.

I'm afraid of aging, because I already feel like my life is worthless, and that worthlessness is compounded by each second spent being worthless. Or put another way, given the idea that I only have a finite amount of time to live, each second spent being a worthless sink on society is subtracting from the amount of time being worth something and actually being able to live for myself.
Pages: 1 ... 4902 4903 [4904] 4905 4906 ... 13325