Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4886 4887 [4888] 4889 4890 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15774002 times)

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
Re: [~~__ o( ><)o] Oh god the melting! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #73305 on: March 06, 2012, 02:41:44 pm »

I've only played gen 1 and 2 extensively, more presicely blue, yellow and silver. I got emerald some time ago but it doesnt have the same charm as the old ones. :(
I don't feel like choosing between blue and silver, I like them for different reasons. Too bad my silver cartridge run out of battery or something, cant save a thing. I was going to play it after playing blue again sometime ago but no chance now until I change the battery I quess.

EDIT: I played silver a lot more though, so it might be my favorite, but after playing through blue a while ago it fresher in my memory.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 02:43:17 pm by Johuotar »
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73306 on: March 06, 2012, 02:42:11 pm »

I only finished Blue like a decade ago. Tried Silver half a decade ago but never got far because my siblings insisted on using the one save file that it works with.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 02:47:16 pm by Duke 2.0 »
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #73307 on: March 06, 2012, 02:46:04 pm »

I played Pokemon for the first time in my life today and I just caught 'Zubat'.

Catching Zubat is like the "Hello World" of Pokemon catching.  You're going to see a thousand more of them, at least.
I thought catching anything in the near-1st town grass (rattata, pidgey, sentret?) was the Hello World.

Also, I'd say blue or crystal is my favorite, followed by HeartGold. I've always started with the fire starter poke, and have made it to the end with said pokemon (twice-evolved) in blue, gold, crystal, sapphire, diamond, and heartgold. Haven't finished B/W yet.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 02:52:14 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #73308 on: March 06, 2012, 02:49:50 pm »

Worked on my roguelike, fixed a weird bug, added FOV and exploration. Will add combat soon, probably while the IL-2 patches download.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73309 on: March 06, 2012, 02:51:30 pm »

I played Pokemon for the first time in my life today and I just caught 'Zubat'.

Catching Zubat is like the "Hello World" of Pokemon catching.  You're going to see a thousand more of them, at least.
I thought catching anything in the near-1st town grass (rattata, pidgey, sentret?) was the Hello World.

my thought exactly, also sentret isn't gen 1 and thus isn't in blue.  and honestly I don't know what a sentret is.  Pidgey is always the first pokemon I catch, and I normally use it through the whole game.

and ya, I think I prefer Red and Blue over leaf green and fire red,
(original gen 1 games and gen 1 remakes)

Dutchling, whats your current party?
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #73310 on: March 06, 2012, 02:53:33 pm »

Pretty sure sentret is gen 2. Or thats hoothoot. Or both, I only know for sure the 1st gen pokemon are the first ones.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #73311 on: March 06, 2012, 02:55:32 pm »

Pretty sure sentret is gen 2. Or thats hoothoot. Or both, I only know for sure the 1st gen pokemon are the first ones.

Theyre both gen2.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #73312 on: March 06, 2012, 02:55:41 pm »

Valid_Dark, my party is:
A lvl 21 Charmeleon with Scratch / Growl / Ember / Leer
And a lvl 9 Zubat with Leech Life / Bide / Supersonic
Charmeleon insta kills everything and Zubar can only kill Catterpies. It can however endlessly fight Metapods and other Zubats :P

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73313 on: March 06, 2012, 02:57:50 pm »

you can switch your pokemon order so Zubat always comes out first, then on the first turn you can pull out charmeleon, so you can kill whatever, then the xp will be split between the two of them.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #73314 on: March 06, 2012, 03:00:21 pm »

Bait & Switch is basically the staple of pokemon xp obtainment until you have obtainment of the Exp Share.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #73315 on: March 06, 2012, 03:20:54 pm »

Is there actually an end is this Mt. Moon cave >.>

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #73316 on: March 06, 2012, 03:21:48 pm »

I am delighted to have resumed work on my space shooter game, and also because TRIUMPH OVER FRAPS AND YOUTUBE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrXAWfj2dnM

Fraps made a huge and unsightly black area around the recording (placing the tiny 640x480 window in the upper left corner of a 1280x1024 black area), while Youtube fucked up the quality of a 2.47 GB AVI file. After some fiddling and searching, i finally managed to crop the video and make it fit into ~30 MB while also displaying very nice quality on Youtube. It's neat, really.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #73317 on: March 06, 2012, 03:24:39 pm »

I would have watched it if I wasn't listening to Razorlight right now :P.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73318 on: March 06, 2012, 03:37:28 pm »

Playing New Vegas again after ages. So many exploding heads.
*Hugs*

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73319 on: March 06, 2012, 03:40:47 pm »

I am delighted to have resumed work on my space shooter game, and also because TRIUMPH OVER FRAPS AND YOUTUBE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrXAWfj2dnM

Fraps made a huge and unsightly black area around the recording (placing the tiny 640x480 window in the upper left corner of a 1280x1024 black area), while Youtube fucked up the quality of a 2.47 GB AVI file. After some fiddling and searching, i finally managed to crop the video and make it fit into ~30 MB while also displaying very nice quality on Youtube. It's neat, really.

That looks really cool!

Is there actually an end is this Mt. Moon cave >.>

yes, yes there is.

Pages: 1 ... 4886 4887 [4888] 4889 4890 ... 13325