Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4878 4879 [4880] 4881 4882 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15768631 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #73185 on: March 04, 2012, 04:01:23 pm »

My subjective opinion on what I think is a problem is objectively wrong because your subjective opinion does not think it is a problem?
Subjectively, yes.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73186 on: March 04, 2012, 04:19:40 pm »

Badass of the week is one of my new favorite websites for looking for inspiration for heroic characters... for instance, why have I never heard the name Bass Reeves before?

A former slave who coldclocked his owner for cheating at a game of cards, he fled to live with the Seminole tribe and trained as a marksman, tracker, and hunter. In a time when black people had no upward mobility, he returned to the frontier and put his unique tracking and sharpshooting skills toward being an incredibly badass lawman in one of the most dangerous regions of the American West. He tracked criminals through miles of wilderness completely undetected, was shot at countless times but was never hit, was immune to bribery and corruption, and never resorted to gunplay unless he had no choice... and in one such instance he dropped 3 notorious cop-killing outlaws in a gunfight by himself. Even so, he killed more men than any other famous lawman, brought over 3,000 other criminals to justice, and served until he was 70 (wide-brimmed hat on his head, revolver in one hand, cane in the other). He only retired when his department was disbanded, because he had pretty much taken care of the regions criminal problem over his 30 year career.

He's basically like a combination of a Cowboy, a Samurai, and Batman.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 04:23:53 pm by Solifuge »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73187 on: March 04, 2012, 04:22:45 pm »

That's the kind of backstory any superhero would yearn for.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73188 on: March 04, 2012, 04:24:58 pm »

When Clint Eastwood goes to bed, he wears John Wayne pajamas.
When John Wayne goes to bed, he wears Bass Reeve pajamas.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73189 on: March 04, 2012, 04:26:25 pm »

That's the kind of backstory any superhero would yearn for.
Except all super heroes are lily white other then the token black guy and the token green guy. And touching a issue like that even many years dead is way past them except in cheesy PSA from C list heroes

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73190 on: March 04, 2012, 06:08:55 pm »

Badass of the week is one of my new favorite websites for looking for inspiration for heroic characters... for instance, why have I never heard the name Bass Reeves before?
Is it pronounced "Bass" as in, "Bass Guitar"?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #73191 on: March 04, 2012, 06:42:33 pm »

Cat followed me home, no collar, and it appears I'm stuck with it.

Huh.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #73192 on: March 04, 2012, 06:43:06 pm »

Listening to NPR, and the host for the show on at the time begins to tell about some information she read on the internet with "So, I came across this while dicking around on the internet..."

Gah, the butcher was too slow getting there again.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73193 on: March 04, 2012, 07:28:31 pm »

I'm not sure if this is the right thread but...HAPPY GM/DM DAY TO ALL OF BAY12'S FORUM AND RROLEPLAYING GAME ORGANIZER'S AND GAME MASTERS EVERYWHERE!!! YOU GUY"S ARE CONFIRMED FOR AWSOME
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73194 on: March 04, 2012, 07:31:34 pm »

Huh.
I wish I could adopt random strays. That would be wonderful. However, I have the unfortunate problem of living with someone who has (supposed) allergy to cats.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #73195 on: March 04, 2012, 08:20:54 pm »

Huh.
I wish I could adopt random strays. That would be wonderful. However, I have the unfortunate problem of living with someone who has (supposed) allergy to cats.
It's more of a "I can't throw it out on the street," than OOO A KITTY I LIEK :P

Urgh... So annoying... Human morality, why must I have you...

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #73196 on: March 04, 2012, 08:37:54 pm »

Ahh, I think I've found a design paradigm I really enjoy. Class analogues give you basic stats and purely numerical bonuses in certain situations, dictating tactical decisions. Modular techniques give you special abilities that actually let you do interesting things that get progressively better as you invest more heavily in related choices. Standalone feat analogues give you basic abilities that don't really progress or which absolutely have to progress at a fixed rate in order to stay relevant. It's pretty complicated to put together, particularly given all the trees built into the structure (hooray for a 5 level class requiring 31 unique tactical abilities), but it's working out to be a surprisingly elegant way of allowing huge diversity without unbalancing things too heavily. It just requires huge masses of work to fill in.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73197 on: March 04, 2012, 09:19:06 pm »

Huh.

if you do decide to keep it take it to a vet before you let it even near your house

fleas. *shudder* THE FLEAS

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73198 on: March 04, 2012, 09:35:47 pm »

Huh.

if you do decide to keep it take it to a vet before you let it even near your house

fleas. *shudder* THE FLEAS

Yeah, it can be a few bucks, sure... 50 or more for a feral cat to get a check up, shots, etc. depending on what needs doing. Still, the amount of headache you can save if you're intending to keep the cat (including avoiding fleas and other nuisances) is worth it.

Also you are totally in denial of how much you admire this cat's unconditional affection for you as a complete stranger, admit it!

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #73199 on: March 04, 2012, 10:31:28 pm »

Just finished work with a client. Not often a mutual "Holy crap, somebody actually competent." feeling comes along. I was surprised that I got everything I needed in such a short notice, this was also a job that had a rather short deadline, and according to my client, they were surprised to know that I knew the programs involved to the point of being able to work on and solve some seemingly challenging applications and corrections (to those uninitiated/unfamiliar with Excel, for example) mid-project by thinking laterally about it, and getting what would have been a few tedious minutes wasted, taken care of in a mere few seconds tops.

Nice to see my work profile nab another 5-star rating and consistent review, and that job also made up for a sorta-sick week that incapacitated me from working/cleaning all last week. Regarding Lent, it also made up for at least one of those days where I did nothing due to being out of commission (mess up a day of Lent, doing what you gave up, make up for it on Sunday to fill in the blank).

I hope I can get more work like that again; they really pay off.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 10:33:46 pm by Itnetlolor »
Pages: 1 ... 4878 4879 [4880] 4881 4882 ... 13325