Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4876 4877 [4878] 4879 4880 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15771572 times)

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #73155 on: March 04, 2012, 12:44:37 am »

This picture made me smile and I thought I'd share it with you.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

it's a background so it's rather large.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73156 on: March 04, 2012, 01:11:50 am »

The concert was awesome. I came out sore and partly deaf, but in a good way. Got to know a FOAF who tagged along with me, and apparently her knowledge of gaming trivia rivals my own, and we share a pretty similar taste in music and humor. Chatted about all sorts of stuff, joked how Detroit basically lived up to the expectations set by Robocop, and danced like silly convulsing people to some exceedingly groovy blues/rock. Then we got kicked out of the seats we'd inadvertently stolen (derp, navigated to the wrong numbered section) and wound up even closer to the stage just in time for the encore. Then we got lost in Detroit and almost went to Canada.

It was great fun, and I have decided that we totally need to hang out more! :D

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #73157 on: March 04, 2012, 01:28:36 am »

body in so much pain, both arms and legs and my face, but it was all worth it on that mountain.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #73158 on: March 04, 2012, 01:43:40 am »

So, due to shenanigans that result in it being faster to move by jumping than by walking, my 500 pound vampire will be a hopping vampire. Every decision I make makes me love this character more.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73159 on: March 04, 2012, 01:47:58 am »

So, due to shenanigans that result in it being faster to move by jumping than by walking, my 500 pound vampire will be a hopping vampire. Every decision I make makes me love this character more.

This a real time game or play by post? Also which edition?

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #73160 on: March 04, 2012, 01:58:56 am »

It's a real time game that we'll be playing online (not play by post, but using an online gametable). 3.5, the One True Edition. >_______> [/totally not biased]
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #73161 on: March 04, 2012, 02:36:46 am »

The One True broken as hell version, you mean.

Friend of mine made an utterly invincible character, once. Monster character that had Swarm + hydra head attribute thingy, as I recall.

I suppose it depends if you like roleplaying or wargames, but I like much more freeform rulesets. Rules are rarely used except to solve disagreements between players in our games. We roll dice for attacks and such but mostly for the sound it makes.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #73162 on: March 04, 2012, 02:55:24 am »

Spoiler: RPG Ramblings (click to show/hide)

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73163 on: March 04, 2012, 04:00:54 am »

I found a video player today that honestly I wish I had picked up years ago. VLC is instantly greater than Windows Media Player right out of the box because of how many video codecs it reads. So much love.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73164 on: March 04, 2012, 04:06:33 am »

Yeah i used to use VLC all the time, now i use mplayer2.exe. because it seems to play all the stuff VLC can, is a HELL of a lot smaller on my hard-drive and doesn't stutter/have digital image breakup on big files. You need to look up the keyboard shortcuts though.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 04:08:24 am by Reelya »

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #73165 on: March 04, 2012, 06:18:42 am »

Another Prequel Adventure update!

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73166 on: March 04, 2012, 06:58:35 am »

I found a video player today that honestly I wish I had picked up years ago. VLC is instantly greater than Windows Media Player right out of the box because of how many video codecs it reads. So much love.
*Tries to play a video in Windows Media Player* "This file is broken" *Windows Media Player closes*
*Try same file in VLC* "This file is broken, VLC will now attempt to fix it for you, this may take several minutes" *2 seconds later, file starts playing*
*Hugs*

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73167 on: March 04, 2012, 07:17:56 am »

I tested something right now, and the open-source mplayer2 now officially wins hands-down. It also plays my movies which are in real media format, which VLC or Windows NEVER did. I used to have to install realplayer for those.

Plus the entire thing is 12 MB and doesn't have to be installed on windows ? = more win.

So, if you have digital breakup of images / poor tracking on VLC or you're using an older computer, get mplayer2.

Hell, it even runs on DOS or an Amiga, and has been ported to run on the Kindle. And the raw interface is extremely dwarfy.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 07:37:05 am by Reelya »

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73168 on: March 04, 2012, 07:37:48 am »

Anybody else ever watched the blamimations? No idea why, but they are hilarious...

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73169 on: March 04, 2012, 08:49:25 am »

My girlfriend wanted me to check out this "psychic" online thing and i gave a fake date of birth, long ago, i just got a birthday greeting for the wrong date. lol. excellent advertisement for the psychic accuracy ^o^
Pages: 1 ... 4876 4877 [4878] 4879 4880 ... 13325