Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4860 4861 [4862] 4863 4864 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15833533 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #72915 on: March 01, 2012, 10:28:42 am »

My lineage starts with me, and probably ends there too :P

How...? Why?

Time travel.
But even if you were your own parent through time travel, you still have lineage from your other parent's side.

Unless you were BOTH your parents... oh god
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #72916 on: March 01, 2012, 10:34:29 am »

How...? Why?
Time travel.
But even if you were your own parent through time travel, you still have lineage from your other parent's side.

I think this song can explain things.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #72917 on: March 01, 2012, 10:34:56 am »

I can go back a bare minimum of 3 generations in every direction (to North Carolina, Iowa and Volga German colonies in Russia) and as far back as 17 generations to a German margrave. 7 generations back to Scotland, numerous branches back to pre-colonial England, and I'm fairly certain based on the pattern of settlement, that some of those Volga German branches intermarried with Tartars and/or Kazakhs.

Doesn't hurt that my parents have 40 aunts and uncles between the two of them. I have an absolute metric buttload of cousins. 120+ 1st cousins and 1st cousins, once removed at last count. If I extend it out to 2nd cousins, it's well over 250. We are a fertile people.

My branch of the family all have Skovgaard as a middlename though.
Obviously, your family is a secret order dedicated to guarding the Skov.  :P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #72918 on: March 01, 2012, 10:40:57 am »

I can go back a bare minimum of 3 generations in every direction (to North Carolina, Iowa and Volga German colonies in Russia) and as far back as 17 generations to a German margrave. 7 generations back to Scotland, numerous branches back to pre-colonial England, and I'm fairly certain based on the pattern of settlement, that some of those Volga German branches intermarried with Tartars and/or Kazakhs.

Doesn't hurt that my parents have 40 aunts and uncles between the two of them. I have an absolute metric buttload of cousins. 120+ 1st cousins and 1st cousins, once removed at last count. If I extend it out to 2nd cousins, it's well over 250. We are a fertile people.
Wow, and I thought my family was big. I mean, every family reunion, we have to rent out pretty much an entire park just to cram our numbers in for the day.

I would imagine family reunions get rather chaotic with your family.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #72919 on: March 01, 2012, 10:51:01 am »

Wow, and I thought my family was big. I mean, every family reunion, we have to rent out pretty much an entire park just to cram our numbers in for the day.

I would imagine family reunions get rather chaotic with your family.
Last reunion I went to (and that was just my maternal grandmother's quadrant of the tree), we literally *doubled* the population of the (admittedly small) town we were in.  :D We got there a day early and helped prepare the food. It's fun cooking 50 pounds of baked beans at one go. One of my cousins still owns a cattle ranch up there (in Montana), and he brought an entire cow as his contribution to the food.  :o

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #72920 on: March 01, 2012, 11:03:28 am »

Actually, gård means manor/farm and skov means forest.

And we don't even have any manors in any forests.

:(

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72921 on: March 01, 2012, 11:14:39 am »

How...? Why?

Time travel.

Mostly by refusing to acknowledge the existence/legitimacy of my birth parents actually :P
*Hugs*

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #72922 on: March 01, 2012, 11:24:53 am »

I like my story better, and I'm sticking to it. Deep within a Nordic glacier lies the mighty Skov, guarded by a secretive hereditary order of Danes. (Yes, I know Denmark doesn't have any glaciers either...)

Lysabild

• Bay Watcher
  • Eidora Terminus Imperii Romani
    • View Profile
    • My Steam!
« Reply #72923 on: March 01, 2012, 11:27:34 am »

I like my story better, and I'm sticking to it. Deep within a Nordic glacier lies the mighty Skov, guarded by a secretive hereditary order of Danes. (Yes, I know Denmark doesn't have any glaciers either...)

What do you mean we don't have Glaciers? Last I checked Greenland is still a part of the Kingdom of Denmark :b

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72924 on: March 01, 2012, 12:09:30 pm »

Hells yeah I'm so acrobatic I can leave footprints on the wall 2 metres above the floor.

On the other hand, if they get noticed I'll be the prime suspect :V

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #72925 on: March 01, 2012, 12:12:02 pm »

Blame spiderman.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #72926 on: March 01, 2012, 12:58:31 pm »

Well. My paycheck is $200 larger than it's ever been. That's... useful. Yes. Use...ful...
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #72927 on: March 01, 2012, 12:59:24 pm »

What do you mean we don't have Glaciers? Last I checked Greenland is still a part of the Kingdom of Denmark :b
You're not doing a very good job guarding the Skov if you go around telling people where to find it.  ::)   :P

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #72928 on: March 01, 2012, 01:20:48 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIAql1AfSSU

Almost relevant to something, don't know what though. It has me giggling like a madman, and yet slightly terrified at the meticulous detail put into his screaming face (which by the way is something of an odd phobia of mine). I oughta watch Adventure Time just to see the context of that. :P
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #72929 on: March 01, 2012, 01:24:33 pm »

Went out for a walk on the beach just now, and on my way back, I saw what i think was a Spinner Shark flying a full body-length out of the water near the sandbar area (a good 6-8 footer from the looks of it). I know it wasn't a dolphin because it's tail was vertical. It was like watching a big fish jump out of the water. One of the more unusual sights I've seen lately. I remember hearing about them, but this was my first time witnessing one jump out of the water like that.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 01:27:01 pm by Itnetlolor »
Pages: 1 ... 4860 4861 [4862] 4863 4864 ... 13326