Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4855 4856 [4857] 4858 4859 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15832497 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #72840 on: February 29, 2012, 04:31:51 pm »

Won a real life debate, got massive applause. I even managed to invoke America in my ending sentence. It's going to take some serious thinking to outdo myself now.
Please tell me your closing sentence was, "America -- Fuck YEAHHHH!" while pantomiming a giant dong. Because really, most of the best debates end that way.
No, but I basically portrayed my opponents as Nazis planning to destroy America's economic freedoms by making all the money electronic and monitored by the government, while dooming us to yet another kind of collapse when the oil runs out. Won by a vote of 12-8 (technically 12-6, but our instructor's vote counts as three).
Godwin bro :P

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #72841 on: February 29, 2012, 04:32:02 pm »

I didn't actually call them Nazis, I meant in the figurative sense of "a really, really bad plan".
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72842 on: February 29, 2012, 04:35:40 pm »

Had an amusing idea for a DnD character.

I shall sing you the song of my people.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72843 on: February 29, 2012, 08:15:29 pm »

I was playing a text-based multiplayer game (MUD) known as Miriani. While talking on the out of character channel, I learned that ~90% of the game's players are actually blind. I find this really amazing, I mean, I had no clue at all...the internet is truly awesome.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #72844 on: February 29, 2012, 08:24:37 pm »

I learned that ~90% of them say they're blind.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #72845 on: February 29, 2012, 08:26:04 pm »

If it's a text based game, then it isn't all that unusual. If I were blind I'd probably play games without graphical displays that aren't words.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72846 on: February 29, 2012, 08:29:17 pm »

I learned that ~90% of them say they're blind.

I learned this talking to one of the game moderators/admins, who probably can see how many players have the SIGHT setting turned on or off. (And the game, at least to me, is very difficult to play with the setting turned off..removes all the graphical maps and everything.)
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #72847 on: February 29, 2012, 08:29:32 pm »

So I decided to download and play Fallout NV again.
Imagine my wide smile as I discovered all the free DLCs that suddenly were included.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72848 on: February 29, 2012, 08:45:22 pm »

Blind players actually very common in a lot of mud's.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72849 on: February 29, 2012, 09:53:00 pm »

Blind players actually very common in a lot of mud's.

The fact that I wasn't aware of that is what makes me happy today.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72850 on: February 29, 2012, 10:24:56 pm »

So my mother screeches out my name, she's rather annoyed because she can't find her cell phone, and because I naturally am better equipped to find something I almost never see or handle, she called me.

I'm thinking, "It's going to be in your bag again." Because that's where it was the last time. She suddenly remembers she can call her cell phone to find it, so she does.

I stare at her bag as she dials, and I wait. I'm expecting the bag to start ringing any second now...

ring ring
ring ring

I turn, the noise isn't coming from the bag, it's coming from the direction of my mother who has this weird look on her face. She reaches into her kangaroo pouch and pulls out her cell phone, and I burst out laughing so hard.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 02:39:34 am by Pnx »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #72851 on: February 29, 2012, 10:34:03 pm »

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72852 on: February 29, 2012, 10:36:57 pm »

Set out to do as much of my homework as I could in an hour, which I thought would be about half of it. Finished all of it in 45 minutes. Success indeed.

Also, I was told that someone at my school thinks I'm "cute". That's a first.

She reaches into her kangaroo pouch and pulls out her cell phone, and I burst out laughing so hard.
I did a Google search to figure out how your mother has a kangaroo pouch (clothing, I thought), and The Scrotum Gift Shop was on the first page. What. (linked page is safe)

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
Re: [>))))] [>))))]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #72853 on: February 29, 2012, 11:29:37 pm »

Birthday, played skyrim, hug out with friend, ate a burger, learned surname means my ancestors made barrels and were too lazy to keep awsome accent marks, enjoyed some mist.

C:
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #72854 on: February 29, 2012, 11:30:34 pm »

Birthday, played skyrim, hug out with friend, ate a burger, learned surname means my ancestors made barrels and were too lazy to keep awsome accent marks, enjoyed some mist.

C:

I was about to ask if your name was Cooper, but then I remembered that I know your name.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme
Pages: 1 ... 4855 4856 [4857] 4858 4859 ... 13326