Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4839 4840 [4841] 4842 4843 ... 13326

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15808203 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #72600 on: February 27, 2012, 09:08:42 pm »

I was too young to understand why the first movie was so bad when I saw it, although I always thought Maul was the dumbest thing ever.  Although, I barely remember anything about the first movie.  I remember Jar Jar, a big crawdad, something about a "bigboss(?)", droids marching in the kind of big square formations that went obsolete around the time people stopped using swords (And are twice as obsolete because they can instantly communicate with each other), and Darth Maul.  Maybe part of me knew how bad it was and blocked it.

Oh, and goofy-ass little hair things.

Spoiler: What the hell is that? (click to show/hide)
Shoes...

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72601 on: February 27, 2012, 09:11:59 pm »

I just wrote down rules for a new battletech themed game today. It blends simplified wargame rules with cards.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72602 on: February 27, 2012, 09:12:31 pm »

Oh, and goofy-ass little hair things.

Spoiler: What the hell is that? (click to show/hide)

Believe it or not, Tartakovsky got to answer that question in the Clone Wars shorts.  It's one braid of hair that Padawans never trim through their whole training, only cutting it off when they become true Jedi.  It's the Jedi version of a New Guy badge.

Other than that, I remember the podracing being a lot longer than it had any reason to be, and the entire ending sequence being George Lucas saying, "Boy, y'know that big three-scene battle in Return of the Jedi?  That was my favorite part, lets do that again."
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72603 on: February 27, 2012, 09:17:20 pm »

I like the way most of the things you'd imagine you've missed while watching in that order didn't come up in episode 1 anyway.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72604 on: February 27, 2012, 09:18:01 pm »

It's the Jedi version of a New Guy badge.
It makes me happy to know that even the Jedi make fun of them...

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #72605 on: February 27, 2012, 09:25:24 pm »

Another thing I saw was that somebody went through Episode I and edited out evey scene with or referring to Jar Jar.

And yeah, that viewing order sounds win. Because the fact that one of the prequels makes an original better is awesome

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72606 on: February 27, 2012, 09:44:25 pm »

Believe it or not, Tartakovsky got to answer that question in the Clone Wars shorts.  It's one braid of hair that Padawans never trim through their whole training, only cutting it off when they become true Jedi.  It's the Jedi version of a New Guy badge.

Actually the answer was given a loooooong time ago in one of the books, we do not consider Cartoon Clone Wars canon in any way... (Gack, my former fandom is showing) 
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Shoes...

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #72608 on: February 27, 2012, 09:47:21 pm »

What's canon or not is up to each individual fan :P Meaningless distinction regardless; none of it ever happened anyway, so why argue over which fake story "really happened"?
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72609 on: February 27, 2012, 09:48:15 pm »

*braces for flames*
I don't see why everyone hates on the prequel series so much. Sure, they weren't as good as the original trilogy, but they were hardly hand-delivered by Satan after being pulled from the bowels of Uwe Boll's darkest fantasies.
*duck and cover!*
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #72610 on: February 27, 2012, 09:49:21 pm »

I honestly liked episode 3. The other two were popcorn movies at best, IMO.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #72611 on: February 27, 2012, 09:50:32 pm »

Came across this:
Suggested Viewing Order for the Star Wars Saga

I gotta try that sometime, and with the Star Wars: Revisited editions for the start. The order provided really would do a better job of telling the story.
This has finally convinced me that Episode I has no business being in the movie canon. I think I probably only held out for so long because I really like Qui-Gon. I mean, he's a Jedi who makes wagers with other people's stuff and uses his mystical powers to cheat at dice games. Plus, I think I have a bit of a man-crush on Liam Neeson.

EDIT: Also, droidekas. Episode I established that destroyer droids were so bad-ass, even Jedi feared them.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 09:59:37 pm by Kadzar »
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72612 on: February 27, 2012, 09:54:45 pm »

*braces for flames*
I don't see why everyone hates on the prequel series so much. Sure, they weren't as good as the original trilogy, but they were hardly hand-delivered by Satan after being pulled from the bowels of Uwe Boll's darkest fantasies.
*duck and cover!*

Eh, I never really considered them to be that bad, I actually enjoyed them myself except for a few bits, most of it's the fact that they really don't shape up to the original, combined with a lot of unnecessary stuff and a little bit of bad acting and poorly thought out stuff thrown in.  (Still don't quite understand the Jar Jar hatred myself, sure he was annoying, but he wasn't that bad.)

What's canon or not is up to each individual fan :P Meaningless distinction regardless; none of it ever happened anyway, so why argue over which fake story "really happened"?
Because it's fun.  :P

:|
What's that look for?  I can feel the digital colon eye's boring into my soul...
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72613 on: February 27, 2012, 09:56:58 pm »

It seems there are only two things you can admit to liking about Episode I and not get attacked: Qui-Gon Jinn (because he's the Cool Old Guy and the aforementioned cheating) and double-bladed lightsabers (though Maul himself is not safe).
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #72614 on: February 27, 2012, 10:02:56 pm »

Which Clone Wars animated series? The neato actiony first one, the currently-on-Cartoon Network one, or the movie?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 4839 4840 [4841] 4842 4843 ... 13326