Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4828 4829 [4830] 4831 4832 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15804337 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #72435 on: February 24, 2012, 09:24:21 pm »

Homemade herb-encrusted fish sandwich, with sharp cheddar. Was short tartar sauce, so I went with dill and light mayo. Ginseng honey tea to drink, and some black raspberry chocolate ice cream for desert. Pretty tasty.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 12:42:21 am by Solifuge »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #72436 on: February 24, 2012, 09:26:00 pm »

I'm not so sure that the memory of the average person back then was really any better than the memory of people now.
Nah, from what I've been told by folks that focus on that time period, the general recall was magnitudes greater than what most people can manage now. Can't remember if there was a (even remotely justifiable) why attached, but apparently the history we've got points to it. Now mind, that's second hand coming from me (Not my specialty, oi), but it's what I was told.
For harder evidence, see this article. Much like writing once remapped our brains, the personal computer and the internet are substituting a lot of functions we once had to manage ourselves... and our brains are adapting to become better at finding and connecting data, but worse at remembering said data ourselves. It's happening right now, and though it's not necessarily a bad thing (we're gaining new aptitudes as befit the world in which we live) the minds of today's people are changing.
How much patience do people really have, for things that take a long time to accomplish, these days?

I have very little, and it doesn't help if people have very little patience, in the same vein.
I have a rather decent amount of patience, for what it's worth. As for my tolerance of people, that's a different matter. Used to be my mind and memory was mapped more for development (ideas and such) rather than retaining memory. As adulthood rolled around, it went the other way around, although fortunately, laziness overtook development, and suspended it, rather than an exchange of power taking place. At least for the Lent season, I've been working on reactivating that part of my brain again (by giving up laziness, but the difficulty of that seems a bit high, so instead, I'm offering up making an effort to exercise my body and mind; a bit of a loophole around my laziness: don't make it feel like work.), while retaining the memory spaces in order to maximize my capabilities for doing stuff and remembering things as well.

Looking back at that level, actually made MegaCon worthwhile (despite hellish traffic), especially since I hung out with the artists and artist-types that were there, rather than the fanboys/gals. Got the inspiration and kick I needed to get the gears in my head rolling again.

EDIT:
I think it also helped describing (and illustrating) a few things I made for my own uni/multiverse again after tucking it away after a massive criticism/dickishness/trolling wave made me discouraged that it wasn't it's time to come out, despite the fact I was doing it for fun/for the art, and no longer wanted to publish it for any reason other than art. But yeah, explaining the unique nuances of various parts of the uni/multiverse (including the engineering of some of the ships, and how surprisingly practical they were designed, despite some impracticalities (SEE: Bladeships)) really re-inspired me to continue work or give that uni/multiverse a reboot/update (sorta like when I played the reboot/360 anniversary edition of Halo). With my improving skills, and better use of Photoshop and such, as well as picking up Blender, these things with a more proper update will look more badass than they originally looked.

EDIT EDIT:
Also, regarding Lent, I decided to instead of giving up laziness, offer my time to exercise mostly because recently, I almost pulled a muscle tendon on my shoulder working, and doing a bit of heavy lifting. Just as well, I'm also going to take advantage of any opportunity of an idea coming to mind to at least get them started (at least an outline or skeleton), and also take on more puzzles again to get some neurons firing as well (always open to riddles and puzzle games (continuing Spacechem definitely)). Found a few good things that can help me keep up with this; and unlike my giving up laziness, I'm not putting in any limits (like a minimum of 4 hours of work a day, or something like that), but instead, going free-form, taking as long as it takes to feel satisfied (and also exploiting how my brain works, and how much of a lazy-ass it is).
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 09:44:18 pm by Itnetlolor »

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72437 on: February 24, 2012, 09:34:36 pm »

Homemade herb-encrusted fish sandwich, with sharp cheddar. Was short tartar sauce, so I went with dill and light mayo. Ginseng honey tea to drink, and some black raspberry chocolare icecream for desert. Pretty tasty.
Kudos!

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72438 on: February 24, 2012, 10:07:10 pm »

Getting back into Fallen Earth, I have aquired a pet noob. Whom I can shower my piles of excess gear and money on.

*Hugs*

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #72439 on: February 24, 2012, 10:10:23 pm »

Getting back into Fallen Earth, I have aquired a pet noob. Whom I can shower my piles of excess gear and money on.

I seem to recall that always being the most enjoyable part of MMOs for me as well.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #72440 on: February 24, 2012, 10:11:00 pm »

How did you acquire said pet noob?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #72441 on: February 24, 2012, 10:12:14 pm »

The most common method is standing around starting areas with high-end gear doing random stupid shit and giving away free low-end stuff.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72442 on: February 24, 2012, 10:24:03 pm »

Help chat was overrun so I was just direct messaging info to people who were asking questions, and conversing happened.
*Hugs*

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #72443 on: February 24, 2012, 10:25:31 pm »

It was not only overrun. I had to turn it off completely because it felt like the chat lag was generating lag just by sitting in the corner of my screen.

I don't think Steam was very helpful to the servers, but it is easier to login now.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72444 on: February 24, 2012, 10:27:17 pm »

Eh, most of the people who joined will get bored and drop it after a few days.

The same thing happened when it went F2P in the first place.
*Hugs*

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72445 on: February 24, 2012, 10:50:44 pm »

In case anyone caught me signing in, don't get excited.  I'm just taking down links to a professor's work for reasons of people having apparently attempted to steal them in the past, and now I'm gone again, having scrubbed every link I posted.  Ah... not something I expected to have to do, but whatever.

Later, bros!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72446 on: February 24, 2012, 10:54:31 pm »

Yea Vector, because we have a team of people watching your account around the clock pressing f5 over and over, waiting for the little light to turn green to show you are on line. It has become an international effort. It's ok guys! Code burgundy, she is here on business. You can hold the welcome back cake!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72447 on: February 24, 2012, 11:04:19 pm »

But I went to all the effort of making it rainbow style!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72448 on: February 24, 2012, 11:05:42 pm »

Don't worry Descan, she will be back for real some time, and at that very second will will be ready...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #72449 on: February 24, 2012, 11:09:55 pm »

With a rainbow cake.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 4828 4829 [4830] 4831 4832 ... 13325