Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4798 4799 [4800] 4801 4802 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15776646 times)

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #71985 on: February 19, 2012, 06:03:47 pm »

password recovery depends on actually having a working email.
Oh right. Maybe I should start reading what people write for a change XD

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71986 on: February 19, 2012, 06:03:57 pm »

"There is a line, a line between survival, and living, and when you cross that line you become more animal than man..."
~ Max White, just then.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71987 on: February 19, 2012, 06:07:34 pm »

"Quoting yourself is much like having sex with Rosey Palms. It's neither clever nor satisfying and I'm pretty sure we're both guilty of it"
-Virex

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71988 on: February 19, 2012, 06:10:18 pm »

Yes.  I've done this a few times before, and it didn't stick.  Why didn't it stick?  Because I changed the password to something that was easy to remember and a pain to type, and kept wanting to "just check a little" (blah blah blah).  And also because I still had PMs sending to my main email account, so I had people going "Vector, I miss you!" and I ended up missing them instead of squaring with the fact that no, I was going off the net.

I'm not making the account unrecoverable, because I'm hoping that somewhere down the line, when I've learned some self-control and stopped being so damned wubbly, I'll be able to come back again.  I know exactly where I'm putting the new password.  It's just that it's going to be buried in a place that I don't look that often, with some Vector-proof stuff put in front of it.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #71989 on: February 19, 2012, 06:11:43 pm »

I know exactly where I'm putting the new password
But does Future Vector know where it was?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71990 on: February 19, 2012, 06:16:35 pm »

I'm not making the account unrecoverable, because I'm hoping that somewhere down the line, when I've learned some self-control and stopped being so damned wubbly.
Strange, a lack of self control was never the image I had of you. Overachiever maybe, and too hard on yourself, but not a slacker. Oh well, you know yourself best, so I'll just wish you luck and maybe we'll converge again sometime in the future.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71991 on: February 19, 2012, 06:16:35 pm »

Wouldn't it be a lot easier to just wait until you become future Vector, then change the password so that current Vector (That is to say, you!) don't even know the password, until one day you become future Vector, then change the password and so you would know it and can access the forums again?

So basically you don't have to do anything right now, you can just hang out with us until you have to go back and change the password on yourself, but that happens in the future.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71992 on: February 19, 2012, 06:21:48 pm »

I know exactly where I'm putting the new password
But does Future Vector know where it was?

Yeah, I'm putting the mouth of it somewhere I end up looking about once every year/year-and-a-half when I'm cleaning up my desktop/internet and consolidating files.  Usually I forget about it because there's nothing I bother with there, but I always end up remembering eventually.

I, Vector as I was, used to have an amazing amount of self-control.  I'd walk over volcanic rock barefoot for ten miles just for a fleck of pride.  Now I don't have that much self control and I'm very afraid of being hurt, so I stop whenever anything starts smarting.

I can't do that anymore.  That's not a forward step on the road to greatness.  That's euthanasia.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Virex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71993 on: February 19, 2012, 06:25:29 pm »

Can't you make it so that, say, 1 year from now, you'll receive an email with your password (on the mail address you're using for serious stuff of course). That certainly sounds like a much safer method than what you're currently using.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71994 on: February 19, 2012, 06:26:43 pm »

You are, once again, assuming she has the most basic internet right of an email address.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71995 on: February 19, 2012, 06:28:42 pm »

I would expect a student to have a universitary e-mail address that can't be removed. Especially when attending a university like Berkley. I mean, in such an environment, it's pretty much impossible to do without one.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71996 on: February 19, 2012, 06:30:35 pm »

Persuading argument. Do I have the right to invoke ignorance and just say your wrong without reason, or does the rule set dictate that I must concede defeat?

Virex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71997 on: February 19, 2012, 06:31:56 pm »

Persuading argument. Do I have the right to invoke ignorance and just say your wrong without reason, or does the rule set dictate that I must concede defeat?
That depends. Do you have the mind of a 5-year old? :P

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #71998 on: February 19, 2012, 06:32:32 pm »

I'd say the ruleset related to Vector probably doesn't include Invoke Ignorance as a valid spell.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71999 on: February 19, 2012, 06:33:47 pm »

It does contain Induce Illusion of Ignorance though, but that's an offensive spell.
Pages: 1 ... 4798 4799 [4800] 4801 4802 ... 13325