Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4797 4798 [4799] 4800 4801 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15778363 times)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #71970 on: February 19, 2012, 04:07:07 pm »

So I've been watching Dragon Ball Z for the first time (not counting what I've seen of DBZ Abridged, a few episodes of Kai, and and the occasional bits I saw at other people's houses while it was still on the air), and I got to the last episode of season 1, and I couldn't help but think that this was a Gygaxian dungeon on a spaceship.

Also, I really want to watch Dragon Ball now, to see the back-stories of some of these characters.

-snip-
While I think it's important to change things up in fantasy, I don't think using the name of one thing for something that is completely unlike it is a good idea. Making your goblins be basically elves will simply confuse people, and if you're going to come up with something completely different, you might as well come up with a completely new name for it. A certain amount of hate for Twilight came about because Stephanie Meyer co-opted the use of the word "vampire" for something that really barely fit the description. It seems like fantasy is a very traditionalist genre, which isn't so surprising since, in a way, it's been around for quite a while.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 04:58:12 pm by Kadzar »
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #71971 on: February 19, 2012, 04:40:28 pm »

Got back from MegaCon. It was okay. Getting out, however, was hell. Numerous other big events were going on  (basketball game, as well as a few other events) were happening in the same general area.

-snip-

Yeah, I've gotten burned out after 3 straight days of Con before (the "Sleeping on the floor in various people's hotel rooms" bit probably didn't help), but it was still a good time. I'm glad you decided to go, and that you enjoyed it!
All things considered, my big creativity block did at least get a good fissure through it, so if I hammer in a few more ideas, I can probably finally break that block and get some stuff made again.

Additionally, since Lent is coming around the corner (this Wednesday, for those who follow), I'm going to see if I can curb my laziness during the 40 days enough. If I'm not working, I better do some other form of work (work on art, work out, anything involving work). Essentially, for the Lent season, I'm basically going to work my ass off to make up for tons of lost time being idle or just plain lazy; since laziness is what I'm essentially giving up. Supplementary give-ups to assist it would also be curbing how late I am up, and how early I should be up, and sticking to that schedule; and also having a set minimum of applications-per-week for freelancing in order to keep me consistently busy.

This is gonna be a fun Lent season!  :D

Actually, if I end up on a roll with ideas, contrary to all the freelancing work and cleanup job on the side, it actually would be pretty fun, all things considered. And in the long-run, I should be able to rake in plenty of income, so at least it should be a profitable season as well, hopefully.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #71972 on: February 19, 2012, 04:44:59 pm »

I love the logically consistent but completely absurd comedy:

The original:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU6hmgTY76M

The extended version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kXS37clsZw
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71973 on: February 19, 2012, 05:00:29 pm »

After the mafia game I'm in finishes, I'm going cold-turkey on the social/non-research-oriented internet (and probably on computer games and stuff, too) until I get into grad school, probably longer if this experiment works.  I used to be a different person.  I'm glad that I've become more compassionate, a kinder person, and more mature and sophisticated.  But I waste too much time doing things that I've already done a billion times before, I've become a coward with no work ethic, and I'm on the verge of hitting rock bottom academically.  I've lost both passion and drive.  I'm a shell that doesn't care about anything because I've already decided that I'm going to fail before I even start trying.  I've become strong in altruism and weak in work.

So here we are.  May you all find whatever you're looking for.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71974 on: February 19, 2012, 05:03:54 pm »

After the mafia game I'm in finishes, I'm going cold-turkey on the social/non-research-oriented internet (and probably on computer games and stuff, too) until I get into grad school, probably longer if this experiment works.  I used to be a different person.  I'm glad that I've become more compassionate, a kinder person, and more mature and sophisticated.  But I waste too much time doing things that I've already done a billion times before, I've become a coward with no work ethic, and I'm on the verge of hitting rock bottom academically.  I've lost both passion and drive.  I'm a shell that doesn't care about anything because I've already decided that I'm going to fail before I even start trying.  I've become strong in altruism and weak in work.

Well, there's a nice window into my own life.  I'd follow your example, if I hadn't already decided that's not my actual problem.

See you in grad school, Vector.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71975 on: February 19, 2012, 05:04:23 pm »

So here we are.  May you all find whatever you're looking for.
Same to you, you will be missed.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #71976 on: February 19, 2012, 05:20:41 pm »

See you next week.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #71977 on: February 19, 2012, 05:32:43 pm »

:-[ I can honestly say I'll miss you. Hope to meet you again one day, Vector. You're a pretty swell person.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #71978 on: February 19, 2012, 05:46:03 pm »

See you whenever you get back, Vector.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #71979 on: February 19, 2012, 05:48:21 pm »

Have fun, and good luck. We'll miss you over here in the interwebs.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71980 on: February 19, 2012, 05:55:02 pm »

Thanks.

Since I've also deleted the rest of my online presence, email addresses, etc., and will be changing my password here to something I can't remember (and burying it somewhere I don't often look), no, I don't expect to be back in a week.  Still... I guess that, more than anything else, I actually feel relieved.

I don't think my problem is the internet, but I think the internet exacerbates the problems I already have.  I think it leads me into ruts and makes it easy to just delve deeply into some fissure, rather than ever having to look up and try something new and frightening.  I think it's become an easy mental reliance, a go-to zone for quick fixes.

I think it's become way too easy to manage my emotions here, is what I'm saying, and I think it's better to feel what I feel rather than quickly, easily jettison whatever disturbance I have into space.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71981 on: February 19, 2012, 05:58:15 pm »

You're braver than I am, that's for sure.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71982 on: February 19, 2012, 05:59:41 pm »

Its like Isuicide...  :'(
We shall miss you Vector, but if you think it is for the best... But, do you really need to scramble your password?

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #71983 on: February 19, 2012, 06:01:43 pm »

Its like Isuicide...  :'(
We shall miss you Vector, but if you think it is for the best... But, do you really need to scramble your password?
There's password recovery available. She'll survive.

Anyway, good luck on maximizing your inner productivity ;)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #71984 on: February 19, 2012, 06:02:39 pm »

password recovery depends on actually having a working email.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 4797 4798 [4799] 4800 4801 ... 13325