Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4794 4795 [4796] 4797 4798 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15775451 times)

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #71925 on: February 18, 2012, 09:17:46 pm »

Aries? Aries? AIRIEEEEES!?!?!?!
Someone likes their astrology.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71926 on: February 18, 2012, 09:19:31 pm »

Okay that thing I said before? I'm now making bigotry a racial trait of elves, and given my design philosophy that means it's genetic. I'm working to make it less silly than that sounds, but that's what it boils down to. Although, on further consideration, it might not be that silly and maybe I should give the same ability to humans...

Nah. Only elves have it so deeply rooted that it actually gives them bonuses.
You know, Tolkien wasn't the only one to use elves. There are other places you could draw inspiration from...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aries? Aries? AIRIEEEEES!?!?!?!
Someone likes their astrology.
Freaking love my astrology, although the pink dress was a bit too sugary, you know?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #71927 on: February 18, 2012, 09:21:22 pm »

No, no, that's violent hatred. If it was like, it would have been thus:
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71928 on: February 18, 2012, 09:23:48 pm »

*cough*

Aeris Hunter has some words to say with your cardiovascular system.  They really shouldn't have turned her Cetran mother into a cyborg.  Or something like that.  Supplant Mei Ling with Yuffie and you have a ... very interesting codec experience.

(I'm thinking of her conversations with Vincent in this, for example, which make me laugh so hard that I actually worry about not being able to breathe.  Guardian1 is another fanfic author I'd actually kind of maybe want to know if we ever met er awkward)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 09:28:51 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #71929 on: February 18, 2012, 10:01:11 pm »

Been to a concert this evening, it was fucking amazing, the band besides being awesome had this insanely contagious energy that had the entire crowd up and jumping like there's no tommorow. Afterwards I went to this smaller gig that was better than expected, danced my ass off (and I think I was genuinely aroused by the damn dancing itself for the first time ever).

Generally an awesome night despite a few bruises and cuts (from all the rolling in the snow XD ).
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #71930 on: February 18, 2012, 10:04:25 pm »

Okay that thing I said before? I'm now making bigotry a racial trait of elves, and given my design philosophy that means it's genetic. I'm working to make it less silly than that sounds, but that's what it boils down to. Although, on further consideration, it might not be that silly and maybe I should give the same ability to humans...

Nah. Only elves have it so deeply rooted that it actually gives them bonuses.
You know, Tolkien wasn't the only one to use elves. There are other places you could draw inspiration from...
Thanks for the link. That reminds me, I need to add special abilities to account for/subvert all the stereotypes about Dwarves, too. Dwarves aren't perpetual drunks; in fact, they have such a natural resistance to alcohol that they can basically drink for hours without becoming intoxicated. Humans just kind of assume they're drunkards, when in fact they might as well be drinking water for all they care. Also applies to other poisons!

EDIT: My dwarves are Toady's dwarves, basically
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71931 on: February 18, 2012, 10:09:01 pm »

I liked my own dwarves. Basically a race of travelling story tellers who would trade their lore for booze, friendly, foolish, and wrinkled after a lifetime wandering the outdoors...

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71932 on: February 18, 2012, 11:08:33 pm »

So I decided to catch up on Hark, a vagrant. I got to this comic, and saw that below the comic the author noted that he got the word velocipedeistrienne from this book.

I decided to read a little bit of it, and... well...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #71933 on: February 19, 2012, 12:12:44 am »

Welp, if I can remember how to code anything at all, I should have the computer-crippling solution to my problems with dice probabilities soon. If not, and I probably can't, I'll weep for being unable to write a gorramn dice roller, but hey, optimism.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #71934 on: February 19, 2012, 12:16:14 am »

Double experience weekend in Everquest!  Always makes me happy.  Cuz, you know... got those 3500 more AAs to get before I'm at max AA.  Actually, this could go in the rage thread too.  On satellite internet right now, which hampers my XP per hour... and just got me killed because of the lag. :(
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71935 on: February 19, 2012, 12:18:00 am »

Please don't be doing that thing where you measure EXP per hour... Now I remember why I get this feeling of impending doom every time I think about MMORPG's... DAMN YOU PAVLOV!

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #71937 on: February 19, 2012, 12:51:50 am »

Got back from MegaCon. It was okay. Getting out, however, was hell. Numerous other big events were going on  (basketball game, as well as a few other events) were happening in the same general area.

All that aside, I had a good time hanging out with the artists at their exhibits (kinda reminds me of the local art walks), snapped a good picture of Stan Lee while he was around at pretty decent quality and distance, saw a few nifty costumes, found a couple interesting other people and got into discussions about different creative stuff, and I also got to showcase some of my drawing ability on a giant Wacom tablet that was large enough to double as a monitor and impressed a few people with my creativity and skills, despite I was speed-painting in Photoshop. In other news as well, about 2-3 people recognized me as a dwarf and liked the clever approach I took.

Overall, it wasn't too bad a day, though conventions aren't my taste. So. Many. People. Makes me feel at peace being back in my little isolation den of a room and my quiet little town.

Oh right, and as a trinket from the -Con, I bought a scale model kit of the Swordfish from Cowboy Bebop. I've been wanting to build another model, and it's something a little more SFW that I found that I could afford, especially good since it goes well with my room and I bet my nephew would think it rather cool.

I'll post pics tomorrow. I'm all kinds of worn out; especially that traffic. Ugh.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 12:53:54 am by Itnetlolor »

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #71938 on: February 19, 2012, 01:22:24 am »

Oh man, I didn't think Java would actually let me pull shenanigans like defining array sizes in terms of variables input by the user. I haven't tried to compile anything yet, but Eclipse (the only IDE with which I am even slightly familiar) isn't telling me there's anything wrong with it so far. This makes my life so much easier. So much so that I'm actually not even sure how I would do this without it, though I could probably kludge my way there by hardcoding sizes larger than I would ever use, in practice.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71939 on: February 19, 2012, 01:27:18 am »

Yea man, you can do that. Although you know all about lists right?
Pages: 1 ... 4794 4795 [4796] 4797 4798 ... 13325