Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4793 4794 [4795] 4796 4797 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15776787 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #71910 on: February 18, 2012, 06:26:25 pm »

Never before has a blonde emo kid been so  easily talked into cross dressing.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #71911 on: February 18, 2012, 06:29:31 pm »

... are you kidding? I thought that was a semi-standard state for a fair number of them...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71912 on: February 18, 2012, 06:31:58 pm »

While you make a persuading argument, I think it just goes to highlight just how easy it is convince Cloud to put on a dress.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #71913 on: February 18, 2012, 06:39:59 pm »

Me:  Cloud.  I have a nickel.  This nickel really wants you to put on a dress.  No.  Putting on a dress will not earn you the nickel.  I'm only passing on a message to you from the nickel.  This is totally legit.

Cloud:  Ok.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #71914 on: February 18, 2012, 07:55:29 pm »

-snip-
I don't even like hard shell tacos, but, from the way you describe them, there is no food I want in the world now more than those tacos. Or, at least, tacos in general. I might just have to settle for salsa and chips right now.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 08:00:31 pm by Kadzar »
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71915 on: February 18, 2012, 08:16:46 pm »

Question. In this hypothetical fanfic, would Snake be a part of AVALANCHE or SOLDIER?

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #71916 on: February 18, 2012, 08:18:57 pm »

-snip-
I don't even like hard shell tacos, but, from the way you describe them, there is no food I want in the world now more than those tacos. Or, at least, tacos in general. I might just have to settle for salsa and chips right now.

Operation, "Pointless Taco Love Song," has been a complete success. :P :D

I also do not normally like hard shell tacos, but these are something else, something more. :)

Tacos! So many tacos. The hard shell kind. They are the only tacos I will ever eat.

The Hispanic goatee guy of questionable origins is back with his little "Tacos!" cart thing! It looks like the kind of place that despite being immaculately clean, you'd think bacteria has purchased vacation property on, BUT, it's not! This man has overcome my immense fear of street vendors selling food from carts. The hot dog guys are horrendously terrifying and he was once but now is not. They are invited to any spot that is not near me; he is invited to many spots near me.

-snip-

Can... can you somehow convince this champion of comestibles to visit my local area? Barring that, can you convince him to share his recipe? In any case, I hope that he manages to sell enough to eventually buy a building, and start a little business or something... sounds like he'd prosper, and the world could always use more good food!

[whimper]
Nooooooooooooo. He's ours, nay, mine! :P You can't have him. Get your own Hispanic goatee guy of questionable origins pushing around a shifty looking, but somehow clean, "Tacos!" cart. People here are already fighting over the far too limited amount of tacos we have! Literally, I saw some chick shove another woman down to try and get the last one. I don't speak Spanish, but I'm pretty sure he shooed her away for pushing. I quickly made my way the hell out of there with my three tacos securely out of sight.... :) :P

I think it would be a lovely idea for him to set up a shop somehow, but it's possible the "questionable origins" might sadly prevent this. If that were somehow not the case, then I would hope he would somehow be able to franchise the hell out of this idea in not just Solifuge's city, but all over the place.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 08:32:15 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #71917 on: February 18, 2012, 08:41:53 pm »

Gamecrafting decision: Elves have legendary waybread, just as described in LotR. Members of other races puzzle over its lack of superior nutrition for non-Elves, theorizing that the magic is tied to Elven nature. Actually, elves just require 1/4 the food of other races and are pulling a fast one.

Also considering including the word "pretentious" in the official rules text.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71918 on: February 18, 2012, 08:49:01 pm »

OH MY GOD NOODLES!!!
Ok, explanation time. Back in Sydney, hanging around Ultimo, being poor as students tend to be, I ended up getting packet noodles from the Asian convenience stores. They were great! Unlike the standard 2 minute noodles, that just come with beef stock, they had all these cool things you can add, like several powders and liquids. Not sure what any of them were, as I can't read Chinese, but they were tasty, and cheap as anything. Most likely not healthy, but god they were an awesome snack.

Anyway, since leaving Sydney I have sort of missed them. Must be MSG withdrawal, but what ever, point is my mother just came home with some packets for me... She does love me after all! ASIAN NOODLES AHOY!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71919 on: February 18, 2012, 08:52:20 pm »

Question. In this hypothetical fanfic, would Snake be a part of AVALANCHE or SOLDIER?

BOFF

Nah, third party.  Philanthropy works together to help destroy the WEAPONs.  Snake was with the Junon army for a while, or summat.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71920 on: February 18, 2012, 08:56:39 pm »

Nah, third party.  Philanthropy works together to help destroy the WEAPONs.  Snake was with the Junon army for a while, or summat.

Oh, so they coexist?  I figured it'd be Metal Gear Solid, with FF7 characters.  Or FF7 with Metal Gear characters.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #71922 on: February 18, 2012, 08:59:17 pm »

Coexisting is almost always more interesting. More difficult to write, though, usually. Especially when there's world-destroying baddies in both/all canons.

S'at least one million word Xover fic (Ranma 1/2 base, sorta'.) that does that quite deliciously. Seen a few others, too. Is just great when it's done well.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71923 on: February 18, 2012, 09:02:38 pm »

Randomly accused a leader of being a vampire and he was!  My allies disabled his arms and there were several pages of him dropping all his jewellery made from human/elf bones (I think this guy had somewhere in the region of 700 kills from a previous adventurer who was actually tasked to kill him).

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #71924 on: February 18, 2012, 09:16:02 pm »

Okay that thing I said before? I'm now making bigotry a racial trait of elves, and given my design philosophy that means it's genetic. I'm working to make it less silly than that sounds, but that's what it boils down to. Although, on further consideration, it might not be that silly and maybe I should give the same ability to humans...

Nah. Only elves have it so deeply rooted that it actually gives them bonuses.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 4793 4794 [4795] 4796 4797 ... 13325