Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4781 4782 [4783] 4784 4785 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15781700 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #71730 on: February 17, 2012, 02:30:57 am »

Never said I was. I don't have the facial hair for it, plus I'm a little too tall  :P
Sucks to be you, eh? :P

Also, I'm thinking about adding an Associate's in English to my resume. My spelling is good enough to not trigger spell-check when massively intoxicated, and I'd rather be a lead designer than a lead programmer anyway. Anyone have any thoughts that I can mull over?

Edit: No one saw that!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 02:33:46 am by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #71731 on: February 17, 2012, 02:34:08 am »

The beard can be rectified, and as for the height, well, all we need is a sledgehammer, bone saw, and a whole lot of painkillers.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71732 on: February 17, 2012, 02:42:00 am »

The beard can be rectified, and as for the height, well, all we need is a sledgehammer, bone saw, and a whole lot of painkillers.
Those beard are admitidly pretty cool-looking. I prefer my height however; I can reach things that my short vertically-challenged friends can not.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #71733 on: February 17, 2012, 02:42:44 am »

Anyone have any thoughts that I can mull over?
No but I do have some wine. Could you mull that, by any chance?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71734 on: February 17, 2012, 02:47:25 am »

Anyone have any thoughts that I can mull over?
No but I do have some wine. Could you mull that, by any chance?
I'm already ruminating my rum. That'd be a bad idea to mix them.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71735 on: February 17, 2012, 02:58:02 am »

I got a bit bored playing KAG and started making dwarves. I started simple, 1:1 scale, and people noticed. When I did a 2:1 but sorta botched it, they wanted to help with the next one. So the end result is a 20 foot tall dwarf, although I couldn't get him to vomit magma :b

Spoiler: And then a close-up (click to show/hide)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71736 on: February 17, 2012, 02:58:50 am »

I got a bit bored playing KAG and started making dwarves. I started simple, 1:1 scale, and people noticed. When I did a 2:1 but sorta botched it, they wanted to help with the next one. So the end result is a 20 foot tall dwarf, although I couldn't get him to vomit magma :b

Spoiler: And then a close-up (click to show/hide)
That's bawss. You're the bawss.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #71737 on: February 17, 2012, 04:40:26 am »

Was furiously working on homework for tomorrow.
*Checks class site thingy*
I don't have school tomorrow.
Well that was stupid of me, anyways YAY!
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #71738 on: February 17, 2012, 04:50:17 am »

Watching an LP tonight/this morning, going to replay Borderlands with a horribly OP character again. Ye gods, the satisfaction garnered of the genocide of mine enemies.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #71739 on: February 17, 2012, 06:06:14 am »

Dawww, look at Ganandorf.
Spoiler: Image (click to show/hide)
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71740 on: February 17, 2012, 06:07:42 am »

I've gotten no less than three separate comments on my writing ability in the last day, in three completely different realms from three completely different audiences.  This should be motivating me.  It's getting there, I think.

Meanwhile, Dwarf Fortress.  When I first got into DF in 2008, I had a computer with a 2.6 Ghz processor and just one gigabyte of RAM.  And of course, DF itself was a bit less optimized then.  Small forts ran plenty fast, but bogged down with more units.  Later, I had three gigs to fill, but a 2.8 dual-core processor.  So, shoddier overall performance but more tolerable longevity.

I didn't realize until the release that I hadn't really played with my dorfs in a year or more, not coincidentally right about when I got my current computer.  With a beefy reserve of six gigs of RAM, but a 3.2 Ghz quad-core.  Meaning ol' single-threaded Dwarfort.exe is breathing through a 800Khz straw like it's the fucking 90s.  But that's all cool, because Adventure Mode is new again.  I haven't even found a tower yet.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71741 on: February 17, 2012, 06:09:34 am »

Dawww, look at Ganandorf.
Spoiler: Image (click to show/hide)

Well they just look adorable... Snake is hiding under a chocolate.  :P

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71742 on: February 17, 2012, 07:10:35 am »

but a 3.2 Ghz quad-core.  Meaning ol' single-threaded Dwarfort.exe is breathing through a 800Khz straw like it's the fucking 90s.
That's odd. I was sure the processor frequency listed always describes any single core, and is not a sum of frequencies.
You sure you've got that right?

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71743 on: February 17, 2012, 07:24:56 am »

but a 3.2 Ghz quad-core.  Meaning ol' single-threaded Dwarfort.exe is breathing through a 800Khz straw like it's the fucking 90s.
That's odd. I was sure the processor frequency listed always describes any single core, and is not a sum of frequencies.
You sure you've got that right?

I was until right now.  The documentation just says it carries an Intel i3 Core, which was simply described as "3.2Ghz quad-core", but looking in the Device Manager, it would certainly suggest that it's four separate 3.2 processors, which apparently haven't had a driver update since 2006.

I assumed it was 3.2 total, divided into quarters, because the idea of selling a desktop computer with 12.8Ghz of combined processing power seemed ridiculous to me.  Judging by the description and the vintage, I guess you're right.  I wonder why Dwarf Fortress lags so much at embark then - it works fine once it gets going, it just needs like five minutes between hitting Embark and when it actually starts animating.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #71744 on: February 17, 2012, 07:29:42 am »

I've gotten no less than three separate comments on my writing ability in the last day, in three completely different realms from three completely different audiences.  This should be motivating me.  It's getting there, I think.
You can travel between realms?  :o
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.
Pages: 1 ... 4781 4782 [4783] 4784 4785 ... 13325