Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4778 4779 [4780] 4781 4782 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15783405 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #71685 on: February 16, 2012, 07:27:55 pm »

I love the online lectures as well. What I don't like is this situation:

"Oh hey! Wow, this college stuff isn't so hard afterall!"
Lecture then segues straight into Calculus willy-nilly.
"FFFFUUUUU Now I don't understand anything that's going on!"

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71686 on: February 16, 2012, 07:36:31 pm »

Ever since that thread on free online courses a while back I've been watching lectures online. Right now I'm watching through on the history of information and information technology.

Sometimes there are difficulties, but I learn some interesting things sometimes. Like how the balloon, the telegraph, the train, and the steamboat have all been proclaimed to annihilate time and space.
I need to know which lecture this is. The continued justification of my own existence demands it.
http://webcast.berkeley.edu/playlist#c,d,Cognitive_Science,B17BFBC4090D0109

It's quite a long way into the lecture. Basically the whole "annihilation of time and space" thing is just this weird poetical phrase that comes from a spoof of love poetry. It just means that the world is shrinking, and you can go further, faster.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 07:40:57 pm by Pnx »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71687 on: February 16, 2012, 08:15:02 pm »

Don't worry, Josh, all the math majors feel like that about 100% of the time.  Seguing into calculus/something else is pretty normal, and it's not expected that you understand it--you're just hearing it to make it easier later, when you do need to understand.  So, if you don't understand something, just earmark it as something to look into later, when you're ready.

@Pnx: and schoolbooks, and mankind, and the Bible...

[/Notre-Dame jokes]
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #71688 on: February 16, 2012, 08:26:16 pm »

Random thought of the concept of Notre-Daum... or Dom, I guess.

Hunchback of Notre-Dame reimaged as a giant robot anime. I'd watch it.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71689 on: February 16, 2012, 08:33:45 pm »

My mind has already begun to envision it.  Quasimodo's would be rusted pile of scrap, but since they are powered by the soul it would be deceptively powerful.
The carnival would be a giant tournament...
Yeeeeeeees... I can see iiit.'
*Slinks off to pretend that he is working on it*
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71690 on: February 16, 2012, 08:35:18 pm »

Esmeralda as a giant gypsy robot with tambourine weapons?

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #71691 on: February 16, 2012, 08:35:24 pm »

Testing Yu-Gi-Oh decks for a story. The first round of a tournament features the three main characters of the story, using Zombies, Jurrac and Crystal Beast decks, facing off against a team of My Little Pony cosplayers - Fluttershy, Twilight Sparkle and Rarity, using Naturia, Spellcasters and Gem-Knights. I was only half-serious when I was building their decks, because I meant for them to be joke characters.

The pony cosplayers won three times each against their tournament opponents, and the protagonists are therefore going to lose in the first round of the tournament. Now I have to retcon them into being national-level duelists, and I am laughing my ass off at the fact that I accidentally made three decks that completely kick ass, while simultaneously derailing my own story.
くコ:彡

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71692 on: February 16, 2012, 08:35:53 pm »

My mind has already begun to envision it.  Quasimodo's would be rusted pile of scrap, but since they are powered by the soul it would be deceptively powerful.
The carnival would be a giant tournament...
Yeeeeeeees... I can see iiit.'
*Slinks off to pretend that he is working on it*
Frollo's mecha should use fire-based weapons and have a big cross on the front. It would be awesome.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71693 on: February 16, 2012, 08:36:30 pm »

Testing Yu-Gi-Oh decks for a story. The first round of a tournament features the three main characters of the story, using Zombies, Jurrac and Crystal Beast decks, facing off against a team of My Little Pony cosplayers - Fluttershy, Twilight Sparkle and Rarity, using Naturia, Spellcasters and Gem-Knights. I was only half-serious when I was building their decks, because I meant for them to be joke characters.

The pony cosplayers won three times each against their tournament opponents, and the protagonists are therefore going to lose in the first round of the tournament. Now I have to retcon them into being national-level duelists, and I am laughing my ass off at the fact that I accidentally made three decks that completely kick ass, while simultaneously derailing my own story.

I'm tempted to ask for more context.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71694 on: February 16, 2012, 08:37:41 pm »

Esmeralda as a giant gypsy robot with tambourine weapons?

I'd watch this, if it were real, if it would be as hot-blooded like TTGL, and have people shout their attacks out each time.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #71695 on: February 16, 2012, 08:41:49 pm »

No, it needs to take it to a new level. All attack names will be sung. Also, the Glorious Coat will have its own mecha.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71696 on: February 16, 2012, 08:48:31 pm »

I'm tempted to ask for more context.
I build and test decks using this site, and I asked a friend of mine to help me test the pony decks by sending him a screenshot of the deck editing screen. He then proceeded to use said decks to kick my ass nine times over. Naturia vs Crystal Beasts, Spellcasters vs Jurrac, Gem-Knights vs Zombies. Naturia, Spellcasters and Gem-Knights won every time.

i don't even have a storyline yet and I've already derailed it. I'd intended to have the protagonists win the tournament. The grand prize was a decent amount of money and a Duel Runner for each member of the winning team.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 08:53:54 pm by Zaerosz »

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #71697 on: February 16, 2012, 09:04:58 pm »

I think you subconsciously made the pony team win.

Search your feelings. You know it to be true.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71698 on: February 16, 2012, 09:07:01 pm »

I may have done. But I didn't do it consciously, and this is the reason I'm so amused. As far as I can tell, I accidentally made three kickass decks in a row and derailed the story before said story existed. I think there's even going to be shipping now. I am so confused and I'm loving it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #71699 on: February 16, 2012, 09:11:57 pm »

Ahahaha, the hunchback thing reminded me of something else hilarious
From Mabinogi, which has a plot/quest line that just hilariously mangles Hamlet. It's great, especially when you're playing a giant and bishie-Hamlet's eyes are directly on level with your crotch.

Anyway, yeah, the Hunchback giant anime thing would be a musical. Attacks would, indeed, be sung.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 4778 4779 [4780] 4781 4782 ... 13325