Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4774 4775 [4776] 4777 4778 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15787232 times)

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #71625 on: February 15, 2012, 10:59:20 pm »

Just like nearly every wednesday, I hung out with my friends all day and played LAN minecraft after school.  Pretty great.

Also, I'm getting tons of mail from colleges.  It's kind of making me nervous that college is looming so close ahead in my life, but at the same time I'm pretty excited about colleges seeking me out this early.

EDIT: Also, yay, just now getting the new version of DF downloaded.  I can't wait to go vampire hunting. It's a shame it took so long to get out, but I'm sure the wait will be worth it.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 11:02:22 pm by jc6036 »

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #71626 on: February 15, 2012, 11:01:43 pm »

So things worked out great with that project I was freaking out about in the other threads.  Got some help from an instructor that very morning, and got the entire video fixed and upload to youtube without a problem.  It isn't perfect, but for a student project made over two weeks, I'd say we did great.  I'll be taking the video down tomorrow morning because of possible issues with the music (the musician didn't get back to us in time, so technically we don't have his expressed permission... but seriously, he didn't respond for two weeks and this song was exactly what we needed...)

You can watch it here!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71627 on: February 15, 2012, 11:16:36 pm »

I cannot believe these words are coming out of my mouth, but I honestly find myself liking the Witcher's storyline.

I TOLD YOU BRO

First one done with the midterm (half an hour out of two hours available).  Would have been able to finish every problem perfectly if I'd bothered learning about environment diagrams, haha (6 fucking points out of 40?  What is this madness?) =/  As-is I was very glad that the extra credit problem was about first-order mathematical logic and its completeness/compactness, which was basically a free point to serious math majors (like myself).

Now I'm having the usual post-midterm round of serious self-doubt, but hopefully I'll be over that soon enough... hahaha D:
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #71628 on: February 15, 2012, 11:27:06 pm »

I overcame post-text anxiety by simply going on to the next thing. It's natural to worry about it until you get it back, but you can distract yourself with other things to get your mind off it.

Also, I'm getting tons of mail from colleges.  It's kind of making me nervous that college is looming so close ahead in my life, but at the same time I'm pretty excited about colleges seeking me out this early.

College is an awesome experience. You're probably at the hardest part right now.

Look for three things in a college: Climate, People, and Degrees they offer. (But not necessarily in that order). Climate because you want to be comfortable and feel 'at home'. People because you may not want to have non-stop parties going on in the dorm when you need to be studying. And Degrees because if a college doesn't offer what you want, to the level you want it, you may not be satisfied with what you can achieve there.

I recommend taking Philosophy and English Composition your first semester. Philosophy will help you figure out things in your own life to some degree or another, and English Composition will help prepare you for all of the essays that college expects of you. High School English rarely brings students to the level they need to be successful in college, so even having an idea of where you need to be is worth it.

And don't be afraid to take some 'fun' classes. If there's something that catches your interest, you can afford it and you have the time, go for it. There are several things you can learn from classes that don't fit into your degree plan, but would improve your life and expand your mind.

I really like college. I suppose that's my happy thought.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #71629 on: February 15, 2012, 11:33:37 pm »

I also really liked college, but it got really exhausting after work + kid entered the picture.  I'm currently exploring the possibility of going back for a Masters, but I'll only do it if I can find some way to get out of my current job in the process, through student teaching or grants or the like.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71630 on: February 15, 2012, 11:41:23 pm »

I cannot believe these words are coming out of my mouth, but I honestly find myself liking the Witcher's storyline.

I TOLD YOU BRO

First one done with the midterm (half an hour out of two hours available).  Would have been able to finish every problem perfectly if I'd bothered learning about environment diagrams, haha (6 fucking points out of 40?  What is this madness?) =/  As-is I was very glad that the extra credit problem was about first-order mathematical logic and its completeness/compactness, which was basically a free point to serious math majors (like myself).

Now I'm having the usual post-midterm round of serious self-doubt, but hopefully I'll be over that soon enough... hahaha D:
I'm seriously thinking about getting this game.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71631 on: February 15, 2012, 11:45:02 pm »

Welp, it has taken a metric shitton of arguing against walls of irrationality, but I am going to get a job. And by that I mean go to an employment agency, but we have some pretty sweet government incentives to employers going to boost employment, so seriously, I don't see how they could say no!
Young, willing, charismatic, batshit insane totally sane. Everything an employer could ever want.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #71632 on: February 15, 2012, 11:47:17 pm »

Saw my long-term crush,
made her laugh,
feel like a rockstar.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71633 on: February 16, 2012, 01:36:29 am »

I'm happy today that I came up with, at the very least, a setting that'd be cool for a videogame. Now I just need to stop feeling tired all the time so I can devote it to writing. Like, really, I've just been tired all day, nearly everyday. Messing with my head and interfering with my concentration.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #71634 on: February 16, 2012, 01:44:50 am »

I had a good nap earlier. Dang I love sleeping.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71635 on: February 16, 2012, 01:59:36 am »

Yay for storm. We just had a twenty-minute storm in Melbourne. It was fantastic. It turned nearly dark as night at 4pm, then the rain and lightning came and went very fast.
:D

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #71636 on: February 16, 2012, 02:44:07 am »

Decided to check out the new DF adventure mode stuff, especially necromancer towers. So, I created a character of demigod starting skill and headed my way over to the nearest necromancer tower (well, after the first demigod skilled character died there, that is). So, things went quite well and I managed to clear the first 2 layers of the tower and take out 3 necromancers. Then I went to the 3rd floor. 4 necromancers and a room full of zombies greeted me. I ran out of the tower, chased by the zombies and several dozen reanimated limbs from the previous zombies. For several minutes, I sliced through most of the zombies without sustaining more than bruises on an arm. Things were looking great, and I thought to myself that I may in fact win this battle.

Suddenly, a copper bolt comes from a place unseen (likely one of the ranger-necromancers), headshots me, and I die instantly. Yep, it's still a rogue-like. :D

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71637 on: February 16, 2012, 02:53:34 am »

I used to be a demi-god, until I took a copper bolt to the face.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #71638 on: February 16, 2012, 02:54:15 am »

The potential for a true zombie apocalypse scenario to take place in the latest DF update made me happy today :D
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71639 on: February 16, 2012, 02:59:42 am »

Zombies, werewolves and vampires, DF be rocking the mythos.
Pages: 1 ... 4774 4775 [4776] 4777 4778 ... 13325