Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4773 4774 [4775] 4776 4777 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15788125 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #71610 on: February 15, 2012, 04:33:55 pm »

Finished playing Treasure Adventure Game. Man, everybody seems to be a dick of some sort.

AHAHAHAHAHA.
Spoiler: The bat enemies? (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 05:03:37 pm by Darvi »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #71611 on: February 15, 2012, 06:08:48 pm »

You guys doing Portal Coop? I need to do that too.
I'm always up for co-op. I've already beaten the game solo; now I just need to beat it with a buddy.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71612 on: February 15, 2012, 06:09:38 pm »

Coop is always fun, but I dislike the ending.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71613 on: February 15, 2012, 07:16:35 pm »

I am so glad that windows saves a system restore point BEFORE it has an auto-restarting update.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #71614 on: February 15, 2012, 07:17:13 pm »

I've beaten 90% of the video games I own in under a day. Either I'm more skilled than I realize, or the games are just too easy.
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #71615 on: February 15, 2012, 07:17:54 pm »

I've beaten 90% of the video games I own in under a day. Either I'm more skilled than I realize, or the games are just too easy.

Or you don't have enough games.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71616 on: February 15, 2012, 07:22:47 pm »

Or you don't have enough games.

Or you have the time to achieve this.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71617 on: February 15, 2012, 07:23:42 pm »

In under a day? Even if I took a quarter hour to finish a game, it would still take me a few days to do so.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #71618 on: February 15, 2012, 07:29:27 pm »

Holy shit.  Most games I have over 20 hours in playtime so you'd really have to do it all in one day.  How do you beat a game that takes 50+ hours to beat?

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #71619 on: February 15, 2012, 07:32:35 pm »

Lots of spoilers?

Also Itnetlolor, if you want to buddy up I'm more than willing to do Co-op with you.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #71620 on: February 15, 2012, 08:10:02 pm »

Well he IS The Master after all...
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #71621 on: February 15, 2012, 08:11:03 pm »

Yeah, you'd basically have to have no responsibilities that day, nothing else going on, and the willpower to sit and play the same game for that long.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #71622 on: February 15, 2012, 08:31:08 pm »

New version of DF was released two days ago, I didn't notice the forums crash and burn like last time, which is probably a good thing since I had a big exam today (that I actually studied for :O )

Oh well, another thing on the to-do list for this month :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71623 on: February 15, 2012, 09:03:29 pm »

I had a really good chat with a friend today.  We bitched about math and spent some time talking about philosophy, too.  Probably going to chat on Friday, too.  It was a pretty good time.

Went into office hours, also, and although it didn't help with my total inability to do complex analysis, I did feel really cozy sitting around with the other math students.  Some part of me is prepared to lean into the wind again.  Gotta go take a midterm, and then come back and take a buncha English notes, do m'laundry, start work on a new math problem set.  Wish me luck!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #71624 on: February 15, 2012, 10:48:02 pm »

I cannot believe these words are coming out of my mouth, but I honestly find myself liking the Witcher's storyline. It's got depth to it that I never expected. Don't get me wrong, absolutely everything Yahtzee said about it is true (except that I find most of the game mechanics to be fun, though the stabbity mechanics could use some polish), but underneath the contrived plot devices, pseudo-maturity, and stereotypical male fantasy protagonist, there's a surprisingly compelling story about a person deciding how to define himself. I'm impressed at how subtle it's been about it, too, I only kind of gradually picked up on it, to the point where I'm not entirely sure if it's really there or if I'm just reading too much into it.

Gosh, with this revelation, I might have to take a less strictly game-y approach and start playing the character as the character I want him to be. Maybe I'll, in the game (I say to cleverly evade the out of context thread), even have to stop having sex with everything in a 20 mile radius that has anything resembling breasts. I've recently learned that you can't get every single one in a single playthrough, anyway, and there is no way I'll play this game more than once, no matter how much I enjoy it. It's just too much stuff. So completionism is kind of pointless.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 4773 4774 [4775] 4776 4777 ... 13325