Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4763 4764 [4765] 4766 4767 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15760529 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #71460 on: February 13, 2012, 10:50:29 pm »

Hmm, ugly you say? In what way? You would be surprised what a little self maintenance can achieve... Weight can be lost, acne can be cured, hair can be cut and clothing can be changed. The only bit I really wouldn't know where to start is personality, and that is one of the more important ones, but lucky for you this guy sounds well sorted for that.

Oh, and before my metro side gets too much the better of me, congratz!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71461 on: February 13, 2012, 10:53:37 pm »

He's 2.5 times my weight and has fairly severe, pitted acne scars, plus he's short, plus he has a rather poor-looking ponytail, plus he has a facial structure that no one would really want to go out with.

So yeah.  I don't feel comfortable dating someone and trying to change their looks when there's, y'know, that many things I find really unattractive.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71462 on: February 13, 2012, 10:59:55 pm »

Well if you do feel like getting him to take better care of himself, he will most likely end up thanking you for it. It is a huge boost to self esteem, for a while anyway.

As for acne scars, he should be using a water based moisturiser, not oil based, that would be some what bad if he is prone to acne. Failing to find that, if you can get a fizzing gel, also sometimes called called an oxidizing skin gel or an oxygenating gel that stuff works great. Can't fix scars, but you can make them pretty much unnoticeable from more than a foot away.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71463 on: February 13, 2012, 11:05:21 pm »

He's 2.5 times my weight and has fairly severe, pitted acne scars, plus he's short, plus he has a rather poor-looking ponytail, plus he has a facial structure that no one would really want to go out with.

So yeah.  I don't feel comfortable dating someone and trying to change their looks when there's, y'know, that many things I find really unattractive.

I'm certainly not knocking you for your decision, I don't hold it against men or women for judging appearances, because if you're in a relationship you have to look at each other every day.  Some of those do sound a little superficial, like the ponytail*, but I was going to make a crack that 2.5 times your weight isn't really that much weight, is it now?

*Funny thing about men with bad hairstyles.  They keep thinking they look good, never realizing that they don't and that bad hair is unattractive because it's a sign that you don't know/care enough about your appearance to fix it, until they finally land in a relationship with a woman willing to overlook it.  Who promptly cleans them up, making them attractive to other women, and things usually don't last long from there.

At least, that's been my experience.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71464 on: February 13, 2012, 11:08:56 pm »

There might be truth to that... Not sure. I was helped out of the slums of male patten inability for self grooming through a friendly relationship, rather than a romantic one. It was platonic, I got lessons on how to not burn myself with an iron, she got a free tutor for high school.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #71465 on: February 13, 2012, 11:15:30 pm »

Myself and another student have decided, instead of making a boring old 2D Flash pinball game for a final project, we will be making a 3D space shooter with collision physics, ricocheting projectile weapons, space partitioning trees, and networked multiplayer. This in addition to all my other projects this quarter. Oh, and by the way, we have about 2 weeks to do it. 350 hour game jam, goooo! :D

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71466 on: February 13, 2012, 11:18:04 pm »

Cool! What are you using to make this game? Programming yourself, or a game maker type product?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71467 on: February 13, 2012, 11:18:58 pm »

Look, bro, I'm not exactly Ms. Sexy Catch, either.  More like Ms. Overeducated Librarian, If That's Your Thing.

We're not in a relationship.  We're going on a date, and I enjoy talking to him.  I'm just not, y'know, going to be checking this guy out every couple of seconds, because he has none of the features that make me want to do that.  There's plenty of guys that code as ugly/unattractive in general, but who I find quite hot (example: the old man fetish).  This is not one of them.

Also, the thing about guys with ponytails is that I went through a long period of time thinking I really, really wanted to date a guy who looked like a girl (like my ex), and now I've changed my mind on that.  Last guy had a long ponytail.  This guy has an even longer, really mucky ponytail.  It wasn't so great-looking on the first guy and it definitely looks bad on this guy.

Dunno.  I'm sure that there's ways to have long hair and be a guy and not come off like a coder, hippie, or high fantasy nerd who's doing it either because he's lazy or because he wants to code himself as part of that group, but I'm not feeling super-awesome about this dude's hair.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #71468 on: February 13, 2012, 11:19:33 pm »

hahahah holy shit

I found a mod for Jedi Academy called MovieBattles 2.  It's a complete total conversion mod for multiplayer that tries to give a more "authentic" (For whatever that's worth) Star Wars feel.  No more running around spamming the mouse buttons, combat is very slow (Actually very fast, but compared to the base game slow) and deliberate.  You have a number of Block Points, which are lost and gained depending on how well you defend against the opponent's attacks.  One direct, unblocked hit from a lightsaber will kill you instantly.

There are also guns and they're way stronger, a good burst from a blaster will kill even a Jedi if he can't deflect it.

ANyway, the hahahah holy shit moment.  Some background:  Saber throw is much different.  Instead of turning your saber into a flying lawnmower that kills anything, you actually throw the saber, and it falls on the ground and everything.  It can catch somebody off-guard and kill them instantly, but if you miss you're wide open and probably dead.  A very last resort move.

I was playing as a Reborn, and walked in on Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon fighting Assaj Ventress or whoever the fuck (The bald lady in black robes).  I ran to her aid, throwing my lightsaber in an attempt to catch Obi-Wan by surprise.

I missed.  The lightsaber hit Assaj and cut off her leg at the knee.  Everyone but Assaj thought it was hilarious.
Shoes...

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #71469 on: February 13, 2012, 11:28:42 pm »

Well because shadow mentioned it...

Earlier today we were playing borderlands again. And we were doing just some throwaway quest in Treachers landing while I was just wondering when we'd finally go to Old haven and shoot something new and actually dangerous for a change. And then a bandit dropped me in like 2 seconds and I killed him for a second wind. How the hell did he kill me despite being pretty weak otherwise even if he was a badass?

He had this on him

I don't think Ill need a new gun in some time. And even then I'm NEVER letting this thing go. Ever. It's too badass.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #71470 on: February 13, 2012, 11:29:51 pm »

Cool! What are you using to make this game? Programming yourself, or a game maker type product?
Actionscript with Stage3D. Stage3D being their relatively new graphics API that allows for direct access to the GPU, much like DirectX or OpenGL. Though unfortunately the GPU shaders much be written in assembly, which makes it difficult for learning; but aside from that and a few Flash quirks, it's actually much easier than 3D graphics programming with C++ and DirectX. Best of all, it runs in a browser window*! An example of a previous one I did; key controls on bottom of page.

It's certainly no replacement for the high end games making full use of the CPU and GPU's computing, but for small to moderately scoped 3D games, I would say it's a viable option given another year or so for tutorials and documentation to spread around the web. As it is, there's a grand total of 1 book of tutorials in print, with a variety of pestering Actionscript development tool problems. It requires a whole bunch of jumping through hoops to set up properly due to it not being integrated into Flash Builder until the next version.

*Assuming your flash player is up to date

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71471 on: February 13, 2012, 11:31:53 pm »

Quote from: Janet
-gun of awesome-
O_O

I haven't played Borderlands in nearly two years, and I'm still drooling over that gun. Damn.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71472 on: February 13, 2012, 11:36:52 pm »

Look, bro, I'm not exactly Ms. Sexy Catch, either.  More like Ms. Overeducated Librarian, If That's Your Thing.
It must be somebody's.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71473 on: February 13, 2012, 11:40:02 pm »

Quote from: Janet
-gun of awesome-
O_O

I haven't played Borderlands in nearly two years, and I'm still drooling over that gun. Damn.
I messed with the gear calculator here...
http://blmodding.wikidot.com/gear-calculator

From the looks of it, that weapon is using almost all maxed out parts.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71474 on: February 13, 2012, 11:44:19 pm »

It must be somebody's.

... Love you >_<  Thanks!

Pages: 1 ... 4763 4764 [4765] 4766 4767 ... 13325