Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4755 4756 [4757] 4758 4759 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15764850 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #71340 on: February 13, 2012, 01:14:27 am »

I am the worst fanfiction author.  It is me.  I am the worst there is.

I'm having a bit of fun, though XD
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71341 on: February 13, 2012, 01:18:37 am »

Unless you wrote My Immortal or The Girl Who Lived...no you're not.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #71342 on: February 13, 2012, 01:19:23 am »

I am the worst fanfiction author.  It is me.  I am the worst there is.
Categorically impossible.

Even if you're intentionally refusing to use punctuation, proper spelling, and spacing, you are still not the worst fanfiction author.

E: You can still take the title of "pretty bad fanfiction author," though... if you want to.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 01:21:08 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #71343 on: February 13, 2012, 01:24:05 am »

Everyone sucks at the start.

Not sucking is a product of time invested.

(stolen from someone's signature here whom I forgot)
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #71344 on: February 13, 2012, 01:27:05 am »

Okay, so that didn't work out due to the intricacies of getting gestalt to work. Even with the DM's permission to break the explicit rules, I'd have died swiftly and contributed nothing.

So, barring that... shenanigans are afoot. God incorporeal PCs are so much fun.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #71345 on: February 13, 2012, 01:37:43 am »

Just checked.
I can split the project workload on two days instead of doing it all 6 hours before deadline.   :o :D 8)
*cue procrastinating 'til 6 hours before deadline*
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #71346 on: February 13, 2012, 01:44:33 am »

Came across a pretty interesting exploit in Terraria regarding your economy and overall gameplay.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I also managed to get a rather decent layout with colored torches to categorize my storage units, as well as set a toggle system to use red and green torches with stone doorways/bridges to make my fortress a little more snazzy, functionally and aesthetically. Having a King and Queen statue linked up also helps in regards to reviving any people I lose in crossfires.

EDIT:
Played once more to confirm the values, and I was right. And now I have my very own SAFEty backpack (2x (1 Platinum value)) along with the Piggy fanny pack (1 gold/ea; usually carrying 5x to make supply checkpoints for key locations of interest)) with my terraria character. My guy's a pack mule now with a wireless transfer system for half the supply now (only to himself, and exclusively others if traveling with others, and across servers/worlds; gotta love Terraria physics :P ).

I gotta introduce these to my brother next time we play.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 02:07:59 am by Itnetlolor »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71347 on: February 13, 2012, 01:51:01 am »

Bought Rocksmith (Xbox360). It is now about 2am and my left hand hurts.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71348 on: February 13, 2012, 01:51:16 am »

Well, I am still pretty terrible, but I want to write a novel when I graduate and this is all I have patience for.  Practice, yay~
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71349 on: February 13, 2012, 01:53:29 am »

I should probably get around to writing that detective story you wanted. Ow, typing is painful. Thank you, guitar strings!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71350 on: February 13, 2012, 03:00:09 am »

So my father raised the subject of our trip to Wales that's coming up in march. It came up because I got asked about what I want for my birthday (I mentioned I wanted a computer upgrade), and the trip comes a week after it.

Usually this trip, along with the mention of my birthday would drag me right down, because I hate it when people waste money on me, and I don't generally get much out of the trip.

I get to see some of my relatives, but I don't really know what to do with relatives. They're kind of... weird people that I'm supposed to sort of know, but I can't really remember them or their names even though they remember me from when I was just a kid.
I also get to see my brother, and while I love my brother, he's a social butterfly with what seems like hundreds friends and acquaintances. And then... try to make some of them my friends and acquaintances! Ohmygod there are soooo many issues I have with that!

Err.... right, where was I? Oh yes.

Despite those feelings I think I find myself looking forward to the trip. I'm having a major case of nostalgia right now, I remember last time I went there I was surprised to find myself a little culture shocked, I mean;

All the buildings are made of stone! Some of them have foundations over a thousand years old!
Everything's utilitarian! Why is nothing shiny and built new rather refurbished and old?!?
Everybody recycles!!! Why does everybody care about the environment so much?!
*anxiety attack*
OMG I can go to Tesco's, and get cornish pasties and prawn cocktail crisps and sausage rolls and finish it all off with a litre of Ribena (ok, I don't actually like Ribena, but still)! *double anxiety attack*
The elevators are talking to me!
The roads don't go in straight lines, and they're all cramped, why am I in the drivers seat of the car and not driving?!?
The countryside is frigging beautiful! There's hill figures!
And you see lots of rainbows!
Ok so maybe that's because you see lots of rain, but still! I like rain!

There are other less interesting things to mention, but you get the idea.

I think Vector has invoked my competetive nature, I want to go write something now.

Let's hope this doesn't end in a "who can write the worst fanfiction" competition.

I want to stay true to the course and keep writing that weird thing I was writing before, but it's really more depressing and downbeat than I really want to do right now. I'm actually in a good mood for once!

Maybe I will just try to write really cheesy fanfiction. I kinda have the urge to do something crazy with Adventure Time, but honestly, writing fanfiction about Adventure Time is like spray painting a tag onto a designated graffiti wall. It feels like some of the fun had been sapped out of it.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #71351 on: February 13, 2012, 03:14:56 am »

That was an amazingly coherent stream of consciousness. Hope you have fun.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #71352 on: February 13, 2012, 04:36:09 am »

Well, I am still pretty terrible, but I want to write a novel when I graduate and this is all I have patience for.  Practice, yay~
Don't underestimate taking some writing classes or maybe getting some input from writers to help sharpen your skills.  Heck, my creative writing degree paid off the other day when I aced a movie review I had to write for my world mythology class.  The probe in Star Trek IV is the sum of all modern society's fears  8)

Oh right, I can't sleep right now, so uuhhh I might not make sense.  Make much sense.  Sense... making...

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71353 on: February 13, 2012, 05:33:44 am »

So, internet is running sloooow, and not much going on in the forums. Boored. Then I remember that ages ago I got a copy of all the marble hornets episodes I haven't watched yet. Pretty good.

Then, not a few minutes ago, I was asked to feed the dogs. So here I am, walking through a forest as the lights of our house slowly fade behind a mess of trees, and all I have is a weak flash light and a can of dog food, all the while getting more and more paranoid of the paranormal. Do you know how good totally unfounded, childish fear feels? So much fun...

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #71354 on: February 13, 2012, 05:38:47 am »

It's been nice knowing you, Max.  :(

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))
Pages: 1 ... 4755 4756 [4757] 4758 4759 ... 13325