Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4751 4752 [4753] 4754 4755 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15768664 times)

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #71280 on: February 12, 2012, 10:14:54 am »

Bacon lasagne. I'm happy because there's bacon in my lasagne.

Your life brings tears of joy to my eyes, Although that could be the fever :).

Also DAMN IT I just managed to maybe escape TVTropes!
Baaaaaaaacoooooooooon.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #71281 on: February 12, 2012, 10:22:39 am »

My friends convinced me to join the dark side and I started downloaded LoL. After installing and logging in for the first time I got 3 friend requests and 10 nicknames that I should sent invites to. Everyone I know seems to play LoL. I don't even know why I resisted.  :P
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71282 on: February 12, 2012, 10:30:34 am »

What is this LoL of which you speak?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #71284 on: February 12, 2012, 10:32:20 am »

Lizards of London

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71285 on: February 12, 2012, 10:56:29 am »

Lizards of London
Legumes of Los Angeles

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #71286 on: February 12, 2012, 11:22:31 am »

Loads of Lysergic-Acid-Diethylamide?

Anyway, antibiotics made me happy today. It's good to wake up without my foot feeling like it's going to burst.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #71287 on: February 12, 2012, 11:49:41 am »

My friends convinced me to join the dark side and I started downloaded LoL. After installing and logging in for the first time I got 3 friend requests and 10 nicknames that I should sent invites to. Everyone I know seems to play LoL. I don't even know why I resisted.  :P

Continue resisting.  Seriously.  That game has so many problems.  So much rage.  So much addiction.  I'm like you, and only got into it because almost everyone I know plays it almost every single night.  I've tried to quit several times, at one point quitting for about half a year.  Every time, I get pulled back in by seeing everyone else still playing it every night.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #71288 on: February 12, 2012, 12:02:30 pm »

Re:Snow
I loved snow until last year, when I started driving. Also, it depends on the kind of snow we're talking about. Some snow is ultra-worthless, but other snow packs really well and makes awesome snowballs. All of it gets on the roads and makes it a pain in several places to drive.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #71289 on: February 12, 2012, 12:17:34 pm »

Got curious and checked up on my retirement plan (after giggling for about a minute upon remembering that I had one, and being unable to reconcile that with my frozen self-perception of a college junior). Apparently in the month and a half it's been active, it's made 30 bucks which sounds trivial but on the other hand, that's about 5% of what's been put into it, ever, and something tells me that that is an unsustainably high rate of growth. Still, it's absolutely no sign at all of future results. But my brain likes to think it is.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #71290 on: February 12, 2012, 12:20:22 pm »

Just remember that if you keep adding to it, its growth rate increases even more.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #71291 on: February 12, 2012, 12:25:58 pm »

I actually love driving in the snow.  I can get around faster when there's snow on the road than in even the best weather... because all the fucking awful drivers that normally slow me down stay the fuck at home.  Unless there's an ice storm, I rejoice at the ability to actually drive the speed limit, instead of being stuck behind multiple people clogging both lanes at 10-15 miles under talking on their cell phones.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #71292 on: February 12, 2012, 12:47:53 pm »

You... you live somewhere people actually drive under the speed limit willingly? When they're not like 90? And in large enough numbers it actually clogs the roads?

And... and it snows. Where are you, again? I need to mark it on my list of places to eyeball for moving.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #71293 on: February 12, 2012, 01:01:26 pm »

Here, cops have a tendency to pull you over if you go about 15 over, ticket you for 5 over, and write on the ticket that you were actually going 15 over. It makes things much easier if you just pay it, because if you appeal it, someone reads the ticket...

Also, it's an unwritten rule that the speed limit is 45-50 other than residential zones and highways, even when it's 35.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71294 on: February 12, 2012, 01:05:34 pm »

In 20 years we'll be surprised by the stuff we don't have right now. For example, I'm currently reading up on ways to produce hydrogen and oxygen directly from water using nothing more than sunlight, which is a field that's picking up steam currently (the amount of papers related to it has been rising exponentially since 1990 for example).

I lol'd. Nearly made my day.
Huh, I didn't even see the coincidence XD But yeah, making hydrogen from water with sunlight is going to take another 20 years probably, though that may be a conservative estimate.
I know this is pretty old, but can't you do this by jusy using a photovoltaic cell to perform electrolysis? It hardly sounds like technology of the future.

Oh, and on the subject of snow, we currently have by my guesstimate a foot and a half of snow outside. We get waaay too much snow around here.
Pages: 1 ... 4751 4752 [4753] 4754 4755 ... 13325