Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4731 4732 [4733] 4734 4735 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15769169 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #70980 on: February 08, 2012, 07:19:20 pm »

EDIT: Also, apropos of nothing, my mom told me today that if the math thing didn't work out, I'd make a really excellent spy.  She doesn't know about the whole Metal Gear thing :D
Which just goes to show how stealthy you are.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #70981 on: February 08, 2012, 07:23:20 pm »

I'm a bit late but wasn't the original quoteception that started the whole thing just a quote from another thread? Or was there something more?
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #70982 on: February 08, 2012, 07:25:00 pm »

EDIT: Also, apropos of nothing, my mom told me today that if the math thing didn't work out, I'd make a really excellent spy.  She doesn't know about the whole Metal Gear thing :D
Which just goes to show how stealthy you are.
Vector - Electronics Spy

Wow that already works......

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70983 on: February 08, 2012, 07:26:10 pm »

So I have no idea about DVD players and Blu-ray players and Hi-def televisions and how all that works, but I went into someone's house who called me over and fixed their TV/blu-ray player. I had no idea what I was doing, but I did take the DVI plug out of the HDMI port and put it in the DVI port. That made the whole thing work, and I didn't question it.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70984 on: February 08, 2012, 07:28:04 pm »

Well putting the right coloured plug into the right socket is pretty darn essential.
Fuck man, back in the days before USB if you mixed up your green and purple you would never figure out what went wrong.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #70985 on: February 08, 2012, 07:28:21 pm »

So I have no idea about DVD players and Blu-ray players and Hi-def televisions and how all that works, but I went into someone's house who called me over and fixed their TV/blu-ray player. I had no idea what I was doing, but I did take the DVI plug out of the HDMI port and put it in the DVI port. That made the whole thing work, and I didn't question it.
How did he put a DVI plug into a HDMI outlet!?!?!? O_o
that poor outlet....

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70986 on: February 08, 2012, 07:32:54 pm »

How did he put a DVI plug into a HDMI outlet!?!?!? O_o
that poor outlet....

It might have been an HDMI plug (it didn't say on the plug or on the place it came from on the Blu-ray player, but it was shaped wrong for the HDMI port), but that wouldn't have explained why it didn't work in either HDMI port on the proper channels but did in the DVI one, unless I misunderstand how these things work.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 07:34:47 pm by freeformschooler »

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #70987 on: February 08, 2012, 07:34:20 pm »

I hope you do realize the irony of posting that on a public message board?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70988 on: February 08, 2012, 07:37:08 pm »

Things that would disqualify me from being a spy automatically: Out of shape, mentally weird, generally clumsy gross motor functions.

She was just commenting on my observational skills, really.  I can't "write" well, but I'm exceptionally good at "reading."
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #70989 on: February 08, 2012, 07:39:15 pm »

Nah.  I would wager somebody who reads a lot would be a much better writer than one who doesn't.  Unless they're magically gifted with knowledge of words they should never know somehow.  And plot structure etc etc!

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #70990 on: February 08, 2012, 07:39:34 pm »

Things that would disqualify me from being a spy automatically: Out of shape, mentally weird, generally clumsy gross motor functions.
Not to mention the apparent unspoken assumption that all spies are James Bond? :P

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70991 on: February 08, 2012, 07:40:06 pm »

I hope you do realize the irony of posting that on a public message board?
Public message board? Bay12 is no such thing! We are an exclusive gentleman's club with a brutal initiation process that involves navigating your way through one of the most complex games with without question the most obscure interface controls.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70992 on: February 08, 2012, 07:42:35 pm »

She was just commenting on my observational skills, really.  I can't "write" well, but I'm exceptionally good at "reading."

Psh, the best spies in the world are taxi drivers. Literally, just taxi drivers.

That is, unless your mental image of being a 'spy' is putting on a sweet bandana and skulking around in a cardboard box.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70993 on: February 08, 2012, 07:44:49 pm »

Honestly, I think one of the unspoken assumptions of being a spy includes "does not trip over own feet while trying to sit down."

If it's just "gets/ships information," yeah, I could generally do that.  If it's "gets information without drawing any attention to self," I'm fucked.  Apparently I stick out like a sore thumb.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #70994 on: February 08, 2012, 07:46:02 pm »

Honestly, I think one of the unspoken assumptions of being a spy includes "does not trip over own feet while trying to sit down."

If it's just "gets/ships information," yeah, I could generally do that.  If it's "gets information without drawing any attention to self," I'm fucked.  Apparently I stick out like a sore thumb.
See? You don't even fit the spy stereotype! No one would suspect a thing.
Pages: 1 ... 4731 4732 [4733] 4734 4735 ... 13325