Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4724 4725 [4726] 4727 4728 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15767183 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #70875 on: February 07, 2012, 08:48:10 pm »

Notch apologized, the Yogscast were cool, only the most delirious of notch-haters think anything of it, etc

And now he's channeling the funds gained from the amazingly lucky break that is Minecraft to fund project that would be amazing but never otherwise get off the ground, like a sequel to Psychonauts.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #70877 on: February 07, 2012, 08:50:02 pm »

I'm happy today because it took only eight hours of writing bad fanfiction and absolutely nothing posted to finally understand why, precisely it isn't for me: it's an act of interpretation that requires so much of an inflexible adherence to other people's symbolic conventions and writing styles, not just that of the original author but also that of the fanfiction clans themselves, as well as other, more standard requirements, and real-world research that may conflict with all of the above.  Where normal writing permits more flexibility with information and style, the fanfiction author is heavily restricted on all fronts.
But, but...! You don't have to do any of that!

You just have to add an AU somewhere in the summary :P Maybe an OoC warning or two.

Gratsies on getting some creative mojo back, though.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70878 on: February 07, 2012, 08:53:03 pm »

Yeah Vector, have you ever heard of Fourchords? One of the most popular Homestuck fanfictions that has pretty much nothing to do with homestuck at all.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70879 on: February 07, 2012, 08:58:32 pm »

Speaking of Fourchords, what the f**k is that about?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70880 on: February 07, 2012, 09:05:27 pm »

The cast of Homestuck are murdered by a bunch of gay teenagers proceed to wear their skin in a highschool and engage in soft BL.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #70881 on: February 07, 2012, 09:09:43 pm »

The cast of Homestuck are murdered by a bunch of gay teenagers proceed to wear their skin in a highschool and engage in soft BL.

Do I want to know what 'BL' is?

Fortunately, I've only written deliberately bad slash fanfiction.

Like R2D2/Pikachu/Bugs Bunny: (plot summary)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

or Squirtle/Optimus Prime: (sample sentence)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70882 on: February 07, 2012, 09:15:10 pm »

o_o

Fanfictions.

I try to steer clear of them at all possible opportunities. I, unfortunately, lack the self-discipline to write a proper piece of literature, so I just roleplay a lot. Fanfiction, though, has always held this special place in my heart, as being either amazingly good continuations of the storyline or horrendous portrayals of the characters and an embarassment to the original author. I've never seen anything quite half-way. Although, you do get ones that are so bad they're good, like Half Life: Full Life Consequences ...
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #70883 on: February 07, 2012, 09:16:43 pm »

The only Fanfiction I've read with anykind of nonrandom thought is the Tiberium Wars re-novelization one.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70884 on: February 07, 2012, 09:18:17 pm »

See, the bottom half of the last page is why I avoid fanfiction. People will fetishize anything and everything.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #70885 on: February 07, 2012, 09:19:49 pm »

Well, my time out was rather fun. Hung out with my dad at Dave & Busters. For our money, we netted a decent profit in tickets for the amount of tokens/points we got from a good value deal. Didn't buy anything with the tickets yet, but our combined total was pretty good overall. Stilla longshot from the really good prizes, but still rather awesome income for the night we stayed for our money.

Also got to check out the Xbox360 HD remake of Halo (the first game), and I gotta say, got a huge flashback memory rush while playing, and rather awesomely, they retained most of the quirks, bugs, and etc. of the classic game (including playing the matador and 1-shotting Hunters with the pistol, and doing a bit of warthog jumping as well (since they're invincible again)), with the graphics power of the latest Halo game, and a few additional features from the other games as well (including obtaining and using skulls you collect, ala Halo 2 and 3 (keeping the skulls like Halo 3)). For the time I stayed there, I managed to reach and beat Silent Cartographer, and dare I say, I had fun playing that game again. Had a deja vu while playing as well (had a dream I was on top of Silent Cartographer in HD; turned out I did just that, the same exact method as in classic, including messing around atop it). Can't wait to have fun deathmatching again next visit. In the meantime, once I get my old machine up and running again, I'll have some practice with Halo Classic again. Sure, there will be a bit of a graphics quality decline again, but I actually miss those old chunkier scenery. Wasn't too much a fan of how different Captain Keyes looks in the HD remake compared to his classic form.

Playing that game again, however, further motivates me to setup my machine again. Oh yeah, and on the way back from my visit, I caught 'The Artist' with my family. Good movie.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 09:44:29 pm by Itnetlolor »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #70886 on: February 07, 2012, 09:20:45 pm »

See, the bottom half of the last page is why I avoid fanfiction. People will fetishize anything and everything.
THIS. When will I learn that there are some spoilers that don't need to be clicked on? >_<

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70887 on: February 07, 2012, 09:35:58 pm »

You don't have to hold to the conventions I suggested, no, but there's always this problem of the bridge between imitation and original work, writing a character recognizably, etc., and most of the stuff I like reading about is very, very different from what I like writing about (plus, soft BL with good art and semi-recognizable characters in a human AU is always welcome--Hetalia fans, you know what I mean >____>).  Just, you know... I'd rather write something I knew was only mine.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #70888 on: February 07, 2012, 09:40:33 pm »

Ah ha. Well, that's what blogs and fictionpress is for :P

Though you still don't have to have the bridge or recognizable characters :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70889 on: February 07, 2012, 11:56:51 pm »

Fuck it.  You wanna read Metal Gear or FFVII fanfic?  You read this woman's stuff.  She's top-fucking-tier and the best of the best.  She knows her shit and she's got rhythm.

Which is all a very long way of saying: "Hey, look, another reason why I don't feel the need to make fanworks."
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 4724 4725 [4726] 4727 4728 ... 13325