Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4695 4696 [4697] 4698 4699 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15754953 times)

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #70440 on: January 31, 2012, 02:37:35 pm »

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #70441 on: January 31, 2012, 03:02:01 pm »

So, on a whim, I got a new game that was just released on Steam, Fortune Summoners. Maybe I'm just a huge sucker for this style, but it's actually pretty decent so far.

I waited so long for it's release, I even played the played the japanese version and tried to translate it to best of my ability to understand what I'm supposed to do. Now its translated and I just wasted my money on all kind of steam trash! Hmm, mayby if I don't eat at school for few days I could save some money and get it..? Wednesday and thursday are so short anyway that I can just live off water. Besides, fasting is fun and I've been worried of getting weight anyway.
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70442 on: January 31, 2012, 03:08:12 pm »

If you're worried about gaining weight, fasting is usually not the thing to do (it triggers "starvation mode," so you pack on a bunch more weight).

Game looks cute, though...
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70443 on: January 31, 2012, 03:18:06 pm »

Pretty cute.

I've never had tiger / giraffe bread,
but I have had Monkey Bread, and it looks nothing like a monkey.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #70444 on: January 31, 2012, 03:27:08 pm »

On the topic of appropriate age gap: A good friend of the family met his partner while she was still in 6th form (UK end of Highschool equivalent) She was 17 - 18 he was 20 - 21. The only bad thing was that she went to a really strict school that made 6th form students wear uniform. He would drive her to school and kissing her goodbye would always got dirty looks from parents who assumed she was much younger.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #70445 on: January 31, 2012, 03:52:19 pm »

When I was 20 and in college, my girlfriend at the time was 17 and in high school. It didn't work out in the end, but that was as much my fault as anything. There's certainly no fundamental reason it couldn't have worked.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70446 on: January 31, 2012, 04:39:38 pm »

So, on a whim, I got a new game that was just released on Steam, Fortune Summoners. Maybe I'm just a huge sucker for this style, but it's actually pretty decent so far.

I waited so long for it's release, I even played the played the japanese version and tried to translate it to best of my ability to understand what I'm supposed to do. Now its translated and I just wasted my money on all kind of steam trash! Hmm, mayby if I don't eat at school for few days I could save some money and get it..? Wednesday and thursday are so short anyway that I can just live off water. Besides, fasting is fun and I've been worried of getting weight anyway.

So you've played this game? It's so new that GameFAQ's don't even exist for it yet. I just have one teensy weensy little itty bitty question:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #70447 on: January 31, 2012, 05:27:40 pm »

JoshuaFH
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70448 on: January 31, 2012, 05:56:12 pm »

Thanks a bunch bro, I appreciate it.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 06:39:33 pm by JoshuaFH »

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #70450 on: January 31, 2012, 06:41:26 pm »

One of my best friends who I studied 3d with in college came to visit for the weekend and was unexpectedly able to stay for the week.  This just after the latest update to ZBrush came out.  So I'm watching some new feature videos with him, and one has a guy making a tree entirely out of the new fiber system, including the trunk.  I'm all "I love it!  So simple!".  So he's like "Yeah?  Let's see you do it!"  So I launch ZBrush and set to work.  I start producing something pretty quickly, and he starts working on a scene to put it in.  I end up with a little bonsai tree that looks great, and he's got an oriental room halfway finished that he's working on a photorealistic render set-up for.  Looks like I'm going to have a new portfolio piece within the next couple days, totally unplanned.

Feels great.  Every time I've tried to make something over the last couple years, I go for this super ambitious stuff that I burn myself out on really quickly.  I guess I just need to let myself do something simple once in a while.  I think my long-standing lethargy and fickle project hopping has been due to lacking a steady income of sense of accomplishment.  I also need to remind myself that artists who produce stuff like this only do so once or twice per year.  For every one of those AAA+ character images, there's a hundred little bonsai trees.  I just need to stop trying to outdo myself every time I pick up a stylus.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #70451 on: January 31, 2012, 06:50:39 pm »

I just rolled initiative for 13 monsters in D&D and all of them were 9.

What does this mean?
Shoes...

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #70452 on: January 31, 2012, 06:53:24 pm »

Room cleaned, vital paperwork (taxes, FAFSA, etc) is all caught up as far as it can go until tomorrow (when I have money to pay for things), some necessities were got when I went to move my car, and I've got a nice dinner starting on the stove and a free night ahead of me. I've never made clarified butter before, so I'm checking on it frequently to avoid burning (just want to brown it a little), but I've got some onion and garlic in there that I'll strain out when I pour it off. Should be tasty if I don't mess up.

Feeling productive today.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70453 on: January 31, 2012, 06:55:03 pm »

I just rolled initiative for 13 monsters in D&D and all of them were 9.

What does this mean?
That you are one short of 10^13.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #70454 on: January 31, 2012, 06:55:15 pm »

Just saw some protesters, don't know what they were doing, what they were protesting about, kinda funny watching them completely own some police with their own flimsy argument, and for some reason the Guy Fawkes mask just puts a smile to my face.

My mind is full of Fawkes.
Pages: 1 ... 4695 4696 [4697] 4698 4699 ... 13325