Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4685 4686 [4687] 4688 4689 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15760711 times)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #70290 on: January 30, 2012, 05:57:09 am »

"LOOK DADDY LOOK LOOK IT'S SNOWING IT'S SNOWING WOW LOOK LOOK LOOK".

Snow makes happy, even if it is 1 cm.
Also: I have a letter of resignation. Now I just spent 30mins on installing the printer in order to quit this job. They really don't want me to leave, do they?

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #70291 on: January 30, 2012, 09:03:52 am »

Wife made homemade jiaozi (pot-sticker dumplings) last night, as kind of a last hurrah for Chinese New Year. Four dozen of them. Between us and the kids, they're over half gone. OM NOM NOM.

And she had leftover filling (fresh local ground pork mixed with cilantro, ginger, sesame oil and a few other things) so she's going to mix that with cabbage, carrot and straw mushrooms and make spring rolls tonight.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #70292 on: January 30, 2012, 09:08:43 am »

You have a wife who can cook. Lucky bastard.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #70293 on: January 30, 2012, 09:11:49 am »

Wife made homemade jiaozi (pot-sticker dumplings) last night, as kind of a last hurrah for Chinese New Year. Four dozen of them. Between us and the kids, they're over half gone. OM NOM NOM.

And she had leftover filling (fresh local ground pork mixed with cilantro, ginger, sesame oil and a few other things) so she's going to mix that with cabbage, carrot and straw mushrooms and make spring rolls tonight.
You celebrate Chinese New Year?

Also Auntie Anne's in hot chocolate, amazing

Inb4 more Chinese New Year fireworks, I need earplugs.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #70294 on: January 30, 2012, 09:28:33 am »

And her father is a culinary school-trained chef. Guess which side of the family we spend Thanksgiving with? xD

Yeah, though not the full bore thing. No fireworks, no hong bao (probably start doing that in the next couple of years as the kids get older), mostly just food and cleaning the house and me explaining the whole thing to my 5-year old.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #70295 on: January 30, 2012, 10:03:17 am »

And her father is a culinary school-trained chef. Guess which side of the family we spend Thanksgiving with? xD

Yeah, though not the full bore thing. No fireworks, no hong bao (probably start doing that in the next couple of years as the kids get older), mostly just food and cleaning the house and me explaining the whole thing to my 5-year old.
Isn't supposed to be "ang pau"? At least "red" is pronounced as "hong" in Chinese but when translated to English it's "ang".

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #70296 on: January 30, 2012, 10:07:29 am »

Isn't supposed to be "ang pau"? At least "red" is pronounced as "hong" in Chinese but when translated to English it's "ang".
Maybe in Hokkien. But the Mandarin pinyin for it is "hong bao".

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #70297 on: January 30, 2012, 10:08:17 am »

Yeah Hokkien can be quite dominant here, though where I live it's Cantonese. Vernacular schools here teach Mandarin though.

I guess it's also "ang pau" in Cantonese?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #70298 on: January 30, 2012, 10:17:04 am »

Yeah Hokkien can be quite dominant here, though where I live it's Cantonese. Vernacular schools here teach Mandarin though.

I guess it's also "ang pau" in Cantonese?
Everything I've read says "Lai sze" or "lei see" in Cantonese. I dunno, all Cantonese just sounds like quacking ducks to me.  :P j/k

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #70299 on: January 30, 2012, 10:22:25 am »

Just got back from my friend's wedding. Had a good time.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #70300 on: January 30, 2012, 10:28:47 am »

Was there an 80-person choreographed dance number in the middle of the reception, to a kickin' raga-techno beat? 'Cause I'm led to believe that happens all the time.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70301 on: January 30, 2012, 10:30:47 am »

Even more Lackadaisy updates. I am so happy.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #70302 on: January 30, 2012, 10:30:56 am »

There was not. Though there was a motorcade with a whole bunch of us on motorbikes and me on my scooter leading in the bride's car.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70303 on: January 30, 2012, 10:32:28 am »

I still remember the last wedding I attended to.

In retrospect, I shouldn'ta brought a PG-18 book with me to kill the time, especially since it was literally days before my 18th.

Okay, technically not PG-18 'cause it's not a movie, but you get the point.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70304 on: January 30, 2012, 10:34:32 am »

I went on A DATE!

>U<
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.
Pages: 1 ... 4685 4686 [4687] 4688 4689 ... 13325