Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4672 4673 [4674] 4675 4676 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15751875 times)

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #70096 on: January 28, 2012, 03:50:57 am »

What is this voices thing I just read posts then reply without thinking like the rest of you dweebs. You mean people actually arrange readings of this crap?
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70097 on: January 28, 2012, 03:52:48 am »

Oh yea, we get a poetry circle to read out what people write on bay12... Jackrabbit's posts are so expressive.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #70098 on: January 28, 2012, 03:59:59 am »

Oh my. I may have to attend one of these readings. Sounds quite nice. Is there a "spambot" category? I am interested in hearing their posts read off.  Some of them can be simply delightful.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70099 on: January 28, 2012, 04:03:05 am »

I'm about to reach the final chapter of the book, I'm excited, because the question that's been hanging in the depths of my soul will finally be answered.

I know the book ends in a lot of death, but I don't know the fate of one character in particular. That one, intelligent, gentle soul that followed la Esmerelda into trouble, and learnt the ways of a performer from her.

Will Djali make it out alive?

It's time to find out.

Ahhh, you have learned the true way of the Notre-Dame de Paris fan :D  It's an experience all its own, huh?

I was also glad to see that you were getting more attached to the flawed old assholes.  I ended up loving all of them, though they were all ridiculously difficult people.

But especially Frollo >w<
Yes, but there honestly wouldn't be a story without Frollo.

Now I really want to write the script for an animated abridged series of the book. In particular one little scene jumps to mind when Gringoire says:
"On my honor, yes! First I loved women, then animals. Now I love stones. They are quite as amusing as women and animals, and less treacherous."
I can just imagine the scene playing out as:
Frollo: Wait, are you saying you're physically attracted to masonry?
Gringoire: Why not? The Author is.
[Cut to scene of a man sitting behind a desk with an "Author" plaque on it looking at a fold-out of a book labelled "Playcastle"]
Author: King Ludwig you naughty, naughty, boy.

Incidentally, Vector. You wouldn't happen to have any recommendations for other books to read? I was thinking about the three musketeers books.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70100 on: January 28, 2012, 04:07:36 am »

Just as a general suggestion, Jules Verne is out of copywrite, and an amazing author.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70101 on: January 28, 2012, 04:27:49 am »

I finally caught a bit of that 2011 Reboot of Thundercats. It's.. pretty well done, actually. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet, but they gave it a pretty decent modernization, upped the animation quality, and wrote it to have more of a Heroic Quest feel, instead of the original's episodic "Foil The Big Bad Evil Mummy's Plot Du Juor" formula. I've decided to at least give it a shot.

Also, in other news, I discovered another fellow who makes YTP videos that are decently well-done... the sort with some effort put into the gags and sentence mixing/graphics editing of the source material to make it into its own thing, and not the collection of speaker-busting volume jumps and crap you normally find. Yeah, they're still brain-meltingly stupid, and rely on obscure referential jokes and non-sequitur, but I can't help that they make me happy.

I tend to give people voices based on their avatar and/or how they write.  Strangely, my brain decided to assign almost everyone without an avatar the same voice, no matter how different their posts may otherwise be.  It also seems to favor higher pitched voices for some reason.
Yeah, when reading a story, I assign voices to each of the characters, but the narrator uses my own mental voice. The same voice gets used when I'm reading posts on forums or chat messages too, unless I know them personally or have heard them speak.

Playing Metal Gear, the original <3

It's actually really fun.  Seriously.
MSX Metal Gear 1 and 2 were pretty darned fun... extremely well-designed for the era, and the later one stands up surprisingly well even by modern game standards. Ought to get back to them some time.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70102 on: January 28, 2012, 04:37:45 am »

Incidentally, Vector. You wouldn't happen to have any recommendations for other books to read? I was thinking about the three musketeers books.

Hmm... I read those when I was so young that I can't remember them anymore, but I'll try to think of something.  Incidentally, my knee-jerk suggestion is The Phantom of the Opera (Gaston Leroux), because it has a kind of similar feel to NDdP and other elements that I thought were just kind of bizarre and cool.  Is there a particular genre or type of character that you'd like to read about?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70103 on: January 28, 2012, 04:39:37 am »

Half way through H G Wells, Wheels of chance right now. Very easy to fall in love with that one. It is a rather beautiful book.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70104 on: January 28, 2012, 04:56:30 am »

I has flapjacks.

Nomnomnom.
*Hugs*

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #70105 on: January 28, 2012, 04:59:35 am »

My parents should be here within the hour :O
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70106 on: January 28, 2012, 08:23:25 am »

It's 5:22 AM.  I just finished my first playthrough of The Witcher.

Worst end T-T
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70107 on: January 28, 2012, 09:18:46 am »

A triple collab full of Ten Desires arranges? That's awesome.

Now I gotta fix those saves that somehow got borked so that everybody suddenly became a Tenshi-clone.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #70108 on: January 28, 2012, 09:28:43 am »

The Bastion soundtrack.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.
Pages: 1 ... 4672 4673 [4674] 4675 4676 ... 13325