Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4653 4654 [4655] 4656 4657 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15755989 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #69810 on: January 23, 2012, 11:02:26 pm »

rainrainrainrainrainrainrainrainrainrainrainrainrainrainrainrainrainrainrainrainrainrainrainrainrainrainrainrainrainrainrainrainrainrain

In other news, it's decided to rain a bit today and... yesterday, I think. The constant weather shifts have been making frakking everyone sick, but damnit, I love me some rain. And the resultant probably-cold-for-a-few-days.

I think this is the third (or forth) time I've mentioned this since either early winter or late fall, now :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69811 on: January 23, 2012, 11:15:51 pm »

The legendary cleaning and organization of my living space is still in development. Today's progress is that I further organized my room, placed a table stylishly over the tangled knot of wires for added functionality, and managed to get a good deal of the junk out of my closet before having to retreat thanks to the dust storm that was kicked up and was wreaking havoc on my sinuses.

On the plusplus side, I found and recovered my Gamecube w/ all necessary parts. I've yet to test it out, and I don't have any good games for it, but now my PS2 finally has a friend to sit next to underneath my television.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #69812 on: January 23, 2012, 11:22:41 pm »

So, while reading tvtropes, I found this silly thing.

Supposedly a Real Life account:
Ms Olschner: Your honor, I wish to swat Mr. Buck in the head with his client's [deposition transcript].
Judge: You mean read it?
Ms Olschner: No, I wish to swat him in the head with it. The [Rules of Procedure] clearly state that a deposition may be used for "any purpose" in court, and this is the purpose for which I want to use it.
Judge: Well, it does say that. (he pauses)
Judge: There being no objection, you may proceed.
Ms Olschner: Thank you your honor. (she swats Mr. Buck in the head with a copy of deposition.)
Mr. Buck: But Judge...
Judge: Next witness.
Mr. Buck: We object!
Judge: Sustained. Next witness.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69813 on: January 23, 2012, 11:24:17 pm »

It was only a matter of time before the Poptart Tragedy hit the forums.

GURL STOPS MEKING OUT N ASKS BOI TO GET POPTARTZ.
HE DUS.
I believe it's been mentioned before... Possibly more than once. It happens on this thread.

I am happy because I got back into my LP!

nighzmarquls

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69814 on: January 24, 2012, 12:49:18 am »

I Introduced by folks to MLP:fim I expect enjoyment... Also Been drawing again after many months away from it!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #69815 on: January 24, 2012, 12:50:15 am »

I Introduced by folks to MLP:fim I expect enjoyment... Also Been drawing again after many months away from it!

dude, dude, DUDE
please be a game artist and make star control 4

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #69816 on: January 24, 2012, 01:01:08 am »

And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

nighzmarquls

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69817 on: January 24, 2012, 01:07:31 am »

dude, dude, DUDE
please be a game artist and make star control 4
I'm more of a programmer, I do work in games and I AM a fan of star control... but for better or worse I find I've grown a bit past the setting and would rather develop my own ideas :)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69818 on: January 24, 2012, 01:30:48 am »

Well, it required staying at school for FIFTEEN HOURS, but I got to see a pretty swinging jazz concert tonight. I am 95% sure it was worth it.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #69819 on: January 24, 2012, 03:47:03 am »

I found it.  I found the audio CD for the Introduction to AD&D.  Holy shit, this is going on YouTube.  There was no bigger obstacle to my learning D&D than the fear of becoming one of the kids on this CD.

Oh man, part one is here.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 04:10:56 am by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69820 on: January 24, 2012, 04:09:15 am »

I'm like... super happy.  I've had an amazing day.  I spent a lot of it on the internet, but what I'm trying to do is start feeling more positively engaged with the future, more excited about things to come being really good and amazing and squee-worthy.  So I looked up a bunch of vidjagames I wanna play and thought a lot about what I think of as good design sense, and I feel better.  I also talked with two Arab-American guys who apparently have large numbers of relatives who know people who did awesome things (or said they did awesome things) during various civil wars, so we swapped ridiculous stories for a while.  Saw my old roommate, too.  She was really cute and nice.  And, hey, I enjoyed being teased by my professor and working on my rhetoric assignment today.

Oh, and I'm turning 22 on Thursday, and I'm going to go home and have lemon meringue pie and Indian food and birthday presents and see my dad again and party with my grandma and have a big yardsale and finish The Witcher.  Shit is going to be so amazing.  Might even hang out with Squidhead on the day, too.

Tomorrow, lots of work, and then who knows what.  I'm really looking forward to it.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #69821 on: January 24, 2012, 04:38:06 am »

And I'm applying for jobs like crazy! Nothing like job applications to make you feel good about yourself.
I hope that was sarcasm, because I reaaallyy dislike the process :(
And I'm right in the middle of it. Actually, I'm not that happy, I'll just get out of this thread before I ruin the mood :P

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69822 on: January 24, 2012, 05:42:17 am »

Well Siquo, I find it more pleasing to sit back and say "I have done useful things for my future today". If i didn't tell myself I enjoyed applying for jobs, then I wouldn't apply for them. :P

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69823 on: January 24, 2012, 05:47:51 am »

I found it.  I found the audio CD for the Introduction to AD&D.  Holy shit, this is going on YouTube.  There was no bigger obstacle to my learning D&D than the fear of becoming one of the kids on this CD.

Oh man, part one is here.

Oh God, I can feeeeeel my brains leaking out of my ears.  My sense of self worth and propriety is surfing away on the tide.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #69824 on: January 24, 2012, 06:00:22 am »

Skimmed through Cthulhu's video and didn't see anything particularly weird about it.

Well, except the hammy narrator.

"In AD&D, you get to be a brave hero who goes on dangerous adventures and FINDS LOST TREASURE!"

The kid's dialog seemed pretty normal. Unless I missed the hammy parts while skimming it.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 4653 4654 [4655] 4656 4657 ... 13325