Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4642 4643 [4644] 4645 4646 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15755289 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #69645 on: January 20, 2012, 09:16:15 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #69646 on: January 20, 2012, 09:49:27 pm »

Oh, I misread that as you not having as many missiles in the Sacred Grounds as you did in the boss rush.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #69647 on: January 20, 2012, 10:49:40 pm »

I finally connected to Pesterchum successfully. Goddamn FINALLY.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69648 on: January 20, 2012, 10:51:59 pm »

I guess it doesn't matter anymore cause I just whooped the Boss Rush Challenge yeeeaah!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yeah, it took a half an hour, but alot of that time was spent wandering around, checking and double checking for secret areas and hidden items; There were none, I was disappointed.

I didn't solve the case of the missing missiles, but I'm pretty proud of myself for managing to stick with that and complete it. It was probably the Core that gave me the most trouble, if only because there's so many things to keep track of during that fight that it's easy to get overwhelmed.

While Ballos is plenty hard, I'm so glad it's easy to annihilate his final form with the use of a simple exploit; Everything else in the fight is just preparation to throw myself into the ideal position to cheapshot his ass to death.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 12:14:01 am by JoshuaFH »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69649 on: January 20, 2012, 10:55:13 pm »

My daughter is playing "The Mean Bird Game" on my phone. It's cute.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #69650 on: January 21, 2012, 12:11:23 am »

This one Florida guy made 63 super PACs, 40 political parties, and 340 state PACs just to load up the FEC on paperwork. That is so awesome. I think he might just be insane though.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2010-10-04/news/fl-josue-larose-election-20101004_1_political-parties-republican-ken-pruitt-josue-larose

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #69651 on: January 21, 2012, 02:15:54 am »

I'm downloading hte demo for Kingdoms of Amalur.  On one hand, it's a new IP.  In today's market that's like Christmas came early and Santa turned out to be real and filled your entire backlog of presents in one night.  On the other hand, I've never heard of it, and the way it just kind of appeared a few weeks from release with no warning kind of puts me off.  It's a drifter that just wandered into town and I'm afraid somebody's gonna go missing.

Also it's got RA Salvatore on the writing team and I'm pretty sure he's responsible for like half of the ridiculous Mary Sues clogging up Forgotten Realms and overshadowing PCs.
Shoes...

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69652 on: January 21, 2012, 03:46:13 am »

My hands are shaking like crazy, my pulse is kind of ridiculous and my eyes hurt, but it was worth it.

FUCK YOU, NIGHT TEMPLE!

Dustforce really does a good job at making you feel like a badass when you clear a hard level.

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #69653 on: January 21, 2012, 04:28:00 am »

My power is back!  It teased us for a while when it came back, but the cable (and thus internet) didn't, but hopefully it's now here to stay.  It severely cut into my homework time, but assuming no further outages, I should still be able to get it all done.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #69654 on: January 21, 2012, 11:09:43 am »

Found out how to get around MTV's "You cannot watch out videos from outside the USA" so spent the morning watching Aeon Flux cartoons. Never seen it before unless you count the film. I prefer the shorts to the longer episodes and prefer the cartoon to the film by a wide margin.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #69655 on: January 21, 2012, 11:55:34 am »

I'm downloading hte demo for Kingdoms of Amalur.  On one hand, it's a new IP.  In today's market that's like Christmas came early and Santa turned out to be real and filled your entire backlog of presents in one night.  On the other hand, I've never heard of it, and the way it just kind of appeared a few weeks from release with no warning kind of puts me off.  It's a drifter that just wandered into town and I'm afraid somebody's gonna go missing.
Oh yes, this game made me positively ecstatic a day or two ago. At first i was like "uhm what is this??", but then i played the demo to the end. I was positively surprised at the quality, quite a bit. Might just be me liking this kind of game, but it's definitely something i'm going to buy the shit out of (despite the giganormous 50€ price tag). And those fateshift(???) finishers, damn they're nice and brutal. And you get to beat up bandits with a huge hammer.

I am also super happy because i got a new laptop. It is a very nice laptop. I can finally play 3D games at campus. c:
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69656 on: January 21, 2012, 12:25:40 pm »

Had another of my cinematic-style dreams last night. This one told a half absurd, half serious story about a changeling (in this dream, a shape-shifting alien) who took the place of a baby whom a young Alaskan couple had recently lost. The protagonist was a friend of the changeling, who grew up alongside him. Jump to many years later, where the protagonist is working a desk job at a government intelligence agency, when a full-scale alien invasion of Earth begins (the aliens being from the now-grown, slightly jaded Changeling's homeworld). Through a series of circumstances orchestrated by shape-shifters planted all over Earth prior to the invasion, the highly-trained Men-In-Black-esque UFO Defense Force were all incommunicado when the invasion began, and the protagonist, along with the rest of the average joes and janes from around the office, get roped in as stand-ins for Earth's last line of defense.

From that point, the Changeling alien basically is trapped between the human family and friends who raised him, and the alien kin who allegedly sent him to infiltrate and destabilize Earth in the first place. Cue incompetent low-atmosphere dogfights between a grudging human-raised alien, and his childhood human friend who was roped into fighting the aliens off... all the while horribly misusing high-powered sci-fi weaponry.

As happens once in a great while, the dream also included an absurd, and oddly heartwarming, Disney-esque musical number about the value of life and the importance of pushing on through present hardships to get to better days, set to a bunch of refugees from a downed passenger airliner struggling through a snowy cliffside (and eventually sledding down on metal shrapnel once the song hit full-swing) to get to a nearby mountain-climber's base camp. One of the characters, a woman in her mid-50s, while singing, hints about how days ago she was considering suicide, but now with the world gone to hell and her facing the possibility of death every day, she is really enjoying the moment... which was more than slightly ironic, given their circumstances. I sadly cannot remember most any of the lyrics (they didn't rhyme this time), but I can recall the ghost of it, along with the tune itself.

So yeah, pretty good dream, all in all.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69657 on: January 21, 2012, 12:32:18 pm »

I wish I had dreams like that.  Most of mine are complete nonsense.  Or I live through an entire perfectly normal day then wake up and have to do it again.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69658 on: January 21, 2012, 12:42:25 pm »

Every once in a long while I'll have an awesome dream like that, then I usually get woken up by my parents or something and I'm like, "nooo, I was having a great dream", and they'll just say "oh, ok, go back to having it then", but the moment is gone.  :-[

EDIT: Incidentally I had a really fun dream where I was on a training regime, montage style. And everyone was rewarding me for working so hard with cookies.

EDIT2: The best part was when I was sit-ups in the basement and one of my dogs comes down the stairs with a cookie in his mouth, and gives to me, and I'm like, "Ermm, this has been in your mouth dude." But he just sits there looking at me expectantly, so I nibble the edge of it where it wasn't in his mouth for a bit, but he's still looking at me so I say, "I'll finish the rest later."
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 12:48:25 pm by Pnx »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69659 on: January 21, 2012, 03:58:53 pm »

They were playing music from the Amelie and Inception soundtracks in the dining hall today :D
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 4642 4643 [4644] 4645 4646 ... 13325