Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4594 4595 [4596] 4597 4598 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15790955 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #68925 on: January 06, 2012, 10:34:08 pm »

I don't understand the fear of needles. Ever since I was a little kid, I was always fascinated by them. How easily they penetrated skin, how they delivered a wondrous chemical/vaccine/etc., how they worked, and on the rare occasion that I had blood tests, watching my blood being picked up in a container without any being spilled.

I was a very strange lad.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68926 on: January 06, 2012, 10:39:37 pm »

My fear of needles developed because of having numerous painful injections as a child. I'm actually very good with pain these days, but having needles jabbed into me still makes me freak out a little.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #68927 on: January 06, 2012, 10:39:46 pm »

I understand the fear of needles. Ever since I was a little kid, I was always terrified by them. How easily they penetrated the skin, how they delivered such a goddamn painful sensation, and on the rare occasion that I had blood tests, feeling myself being stabbed before passing out. (Well, only when they drew more than a single drop of blood.)

I was a strange lad.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68928 on: January 06, 2012, 10:41:39 pm »

My mother used to have to hold me down to allow them to inject me with anything. Then I discovered the wonder of relocating the pain by biting my lip/stabbing my hand with a fingernail. That helped a lot.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68929 on: January 06, 2012, 10:43:00 pm »

The thing about needles with me is that I'm a fighter. I (on a mostly subconscious level) don't like willingly letting myself get hurt for any reason, and seeing my own blood used to send me into a murderous and boiling rage. Bah. I can do without.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #68930 on: January 06, 2012, 10:55:37 pm »

Well, I haven't had too much of a problem with needles since I started distance running. I haven't had a painful experience in years. Every time something hurts a little, I just shrug it off. When something hurts a lot, I just compare it to the end of a race. On a dare, I stuck my hand onto a hot metal bridge siding in the middle of summer, got the 1st degree burns I deserved, and then took my hand off once my friend started wondering if it was actually hot at all, and declared me the winner. (My previous dare to him was to do the same.)

When I lose blood, though, my blood pressure pulls crazy shenanigans and I'm suddenly lightheaded and temporarily blind. It's not fun.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #68931 on: January 06, 2012, 11:14:07 pm »

This isn't the irrational fear thread guys. This is like so far off the mark I don't see why it got continued.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68932 on: January 06, 2012, 11:14:41 pm »

Surprisingly, the moment I start losing blood I can't help but think about how dirty this is going to make everything! I really don't want to clean that up, so let me calmly and rationally go get a tissue/band-aid/bandage/ambulance...

On topic, I found a sweet drawing program called Alchemy and discovered that it's really fun to draw in. The limitations in it are actually inherently part of the design (no 'undo' button being a major one) to allow you to work a bit more freely.

EDIT: Janet, sometimes you need to gently coax the train back on it's rails... like a wandering cow, you must shout at it a little but then ultimately just be it's friend... GETONTHEF*CKINRAILSTRAIN
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68933 on: January 06, 2012, 11:27:17 pm »

Yeah, I have alchemy too! It allows me to train my extremely poor drawing skills up.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68934 on: January 06, 2012, 11:30:46 pm »

I can't seem to find a thread to dump this off, so I'll just post it here.

What was that topic where someone created an example of Earth's ecosystem using several tribes of different peoples on a lost island (I think it was)?

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #68935 on: January 06, 2012, 11:31:31 pm »

The thought of doing artwork without an undo button brings this right back to the subject of irrational fears for me.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #68936 on: January 06, 2012, 11:35:14 pm »

What was that topic where someone created an example of Earth's ecosystem using several tribes of different peoples on a lost island (I think it was)?
This one?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68937 on: January 06, 2012, 11:37:47 pm »

This one?
Aye, thanks! :D

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #68938 on: January 06, 2012, 11:41:09 pm »

Hmm.
I'd ask if we need a threadfinder's thread, but thats kinda the point of the search bar, isn't it?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68939 on: January 06, 2012, 11:43:51 pm »

Hmm.
I'd ask if we need a threadfinder's thread, but thats kinda the point of the search bar, isn't it?
The problem being I couldn't remember the name of the thread. Or the board it was on.
Pages: 1 ... 4594 4595 [4596] 4597 4598 ... 13325