Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4583 4584 [4585] 4586 4587 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15785106 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #68760 on: January 04, 2012, 05:54:20 pm »

I'm not a witch.  I'm nothing you've heard.  I'm you.

Legendary.  Absolutely legendary.

The Russ Martin Show on Dallas FM 97.1 The Eagle is one of the best radio shows you could ever ask for.  It's a burned out failed rockstar and his moving buddies yakking about whatever nonsense happens to come up that day.  The hilarity I think comes from them being some sharp but uneducated relatively normal middle-aged guys having the nerdiest conversations for no reason any of them can discern.  Once it was which cartoon women were the hottest (general consensus was The Baroness, but Disney's Pocahontas won by decision), or the social concerns of passing gas.  Today, they were reading The Zombie Survival Guide and arguing about the science of undeath.  It's kind of amazing just how many gaping holes a non-nerd can blow into your typical survival strategy, or the difficulty of explaining the difference between Romero zombies and 28 Days Later zombies to someone who hasn't seen one or the other.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Canalan

• Bay Watcher
  • A Chainsaw! Find some meat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68761 on: January 04, 2012, 05:56:35 pm »

Most zombie survival plans fall apart where the planner assumes he will not, in fact, be a zombie.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #68762 on: January 04, 2012, 05:58:35 pm »

Most zombie survival plans fall apart where the planner assumes he will not, in fact, be a zombie.
The biggest problem with any survival plan is that the subject has to be alive, which, considering the mortality of humans, is a rather big liability. Remove that and the plan becomes much more solid.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #68763 on: January 04, 2012, 06:06:48 pm »

I think somebody might have been confusing Michele Bachmann for that woman last election cycle who looked and sounded like her, who claimed she had once practiced witchcraft.
I'm not a witch.  I'm nothing you've heard.  I'm you.

Christine O'donnell is the witch you are looking for.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #68764 on: January 04, 2012, 06:08:52 pm »

What's kinda messed up, I sometimes perform free legal services for people; they often don't bother with a "thank you."

Got this note on a batch of chocolate rice crispy squares:

"Thank you so much. Please accept this small token of our appreciation. As you know, we don't have very much, but if we ever do, then we'll be happy to pay any fees you assess. We never expect anything for no cost, especially when it's your focused attention to our court things.

[...Redacted...]

If it helps, we will recommend you to everyone we know who needs a lawyer. Thank you again, because my husband would be in prison without what you did. I don't know how our family would manage that."

Response:

"Dear [Redacted] Your money is no good here. Your treats on the other hand are always good. Take care.

Happily at your service always,
[Signature]"

Compared to the people who can pay me, but really try not to, and falsely report me to the bar for bullshit reasons (which have all been dropped), and then look at me astonished when I sue the shit out of them and garnish their wages/bank accounts and purposefully ruin their credit because THEY called ME an unethical crook, this is wonderful. She's offered to pay me $10/month for however long it takes, because that's literally all she fucking has. This is the reason I won't take it.

It is astonishing how rich, annoying, assholes won't pay me to get them out of the DUIs they absolutely did, but this woman will offer to pay things she actually can't afford. I openly smirk my ass off when people call the poor lazy. If I could make a living at it somehow, I'd much rather work for her than rich shitheads.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 06:10:50 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #68765 on: January 04, 2012, 06:12:57 pm »

What's kinda messed up, I sometimes perform free legal services for people; they often don't bother with a "thank you."

"Thank you so much. Please accept this small token of our appreciation. As you know, we don't have very much, but if we ever do, then we'll be happy to pay any fees you assess. We never expect anything for no cost, especially when it's your focused attention to our court things.

[...Redacted...]

If it helps, we will recommend you to everyone we know who needs a lawyer. Thank you again, because my husband would be in prison without what you did. I don't know how our family would manage that."

Response:

"Dear [Redacted] Your money is no good here. Your treats on the other hand are always good. Take care.

[Signature]"

Compared to the people who can pay me, but really try not to, and falsely report me to the bar for bullshit reasons (which have all been dropped), and then look at me astonished when I sue the shit out of them and garnish their wages/bank accounts and purposefully ruin their credit because THEY called ME an unethical crook, this is wonderful. She's offered to pay me $10/month for however long it takes, because that's literally all she fucking has. This is the reason I won't take it.

It is astonishing how rich, annoying, assholes won't pay me to get them out of the DUIs they absolutely did, but this woman will offer to pay things she actually can't afford. I openly smirk my ass off when people call the poor lazy. If I could make a living at it somehow, I'd much rather work for her than rich shitheads.

With being reported to the bar, is there a fee you have to pay to cover the costs of the investigation? I know that with the Ombudsman here down under, possibly specifically in Victoria, there's a $150 fee for the company complained about if the ombudsman is notified in any way of a complaint, which scales up if there's actually something wrong happening.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68766 on: January 04, 2012, 06:13:10 pm »

Christine O'donnell is the witch you are looking for.
I am well aware of that since that particular campaign ad still freaks me out.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #68767 on: January 04, 2012, 06:18:22 pm »

[...Redacted...]

Response:

[Signature]"

With being reported to the bar, is there a fee you have to pay to cover the costs of the investigation? I know that with the Ombudsman here down under, possibly specifically in Victoria, there's a $150 fee for the company complained about if the ombudsman is notified in any way of a complaint, which scales up if there's actually something wrong happening.

Thankfully no, at least not directly. What happens is bad enough. I have to report to be grilled, which is both annoying and means I can't be in court earning money on another case <--- If there is a fee, then this is it and it is potentially huge because not working means I'm losing cash while still having to pay my expenses. Did I mention how fun it is to be called a crook and go before a board that can recommend the state supreme court disbar you or suspend your license to practice law? Even though it's often totally bullshit.... Sucks.

Anybody who calls me in front of the bar for bullshit is getting sued for fees with no pity.... Moreover, good luck finding a lawyer to fend me off at that point. A.) Didn't pay me, then why would you pay second lawyer. B.) You reported me for bullshit reasons, so why wouldn't you report second lawyer....
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 06:20:13 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #68768 on: January 04, 2012, 07:04:18 pm »

Oh man, I almost miss the Big Room in Tomb of Ramses.  I'm on Moon Mountains now (Still Serious Sam 1).  A series of four or five mesas.  As soon as you cross the bridge from one to the other, the bridge falls and all kinds of shit gets up in your grill.  It never stops.  The first one is several kleers, a reptiloid, kamikazes who spawn behind you (So you can't just back up to the edge and kill the enemies as they come), invisible whatevers, and various beheaded guys.  As soon as you finish them all a shitload of invisible things and spawn and biomechanoids appear on the other mesas. 

That's just the very first mesa. 

I'm happy because it's been a long time since I've seen a reasonably big-name game with so few fucks to give.  Call of Duty is more like a shitty blockbuster action movie with tacked on interactive sequences.

Yeah, Serious Sam isn't very big-name at all but it's big enough.
Shoes...

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #68769 on: January 04, 2012, 07:10:35 pm »

Serious Sam is some Serious Business

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #68770 on: January 04, 2012, 07:25:28 pm »

[...Redacted...]

How sweet. Good to know you meet some nice people in your line of work.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68771 on: January 04, 2012, 07:27:52 pm »

That was quite the heartwarming story. ^_^

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #68772 on: January 04, 2012, 09:14:57 pm »

Had my own quite surprising moment tonight: I had to go fetch some dinner tonight, had my mom's card to buy with. I got all the supplies, and as it turns out, when using food stamps or social security to pay it off (with her permission, of course), there were insufficient funds (apparently the monthly renewal didn't come in yet). Alternatively, in case that happened (we saw it coming), I would pay it off with what cash I had on me. I was short ~1.50 bucks, and checking my car afterwards, I couldn't have made the difference anyway, and to my surprise the next person in line spared an extra 2 bucks so I could make my purchase without having to put anything back into the store, despite the fact I was going to try and use my bank card to make the difference paying off the remainder anyway. They insisted they pay the rest off. In return as my thanks I gave them their change after purchase and a sincere thank you.

I like getting little moments like that where I witness, or in this case, be the one helped by, the good side of humanity. Kinda helps remind me that sometimes my good deeds DO go by rewarded, rather than punished. Gives me hope that there will be more good days ahead. Not to abuse such things in the future, but I hope more good things like this happen more often (not only to me, of course). I was getting tired of the lack of good people in the world. Nice to see they still exist, and aren't extinct, nor an endangered species. Makes me regain some lost faith in mankind.

EDIT:
Funny thing, earlier today, I knew I would need money for some reason, so I called up my second job employer (cleaning houses) to see if there was any work today, and that money I earned was the same cash I had (plus what remained of an old lottery scratch off I won a few bucks on I had the opportunity to cash in). Good thing I took the opportunity to work today. Plus, post-holidays, I have my work schedules lined back up again. So at least I'm working again.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 09:24:33 pm by Itnetlolor »

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #68773 on: January 04, 2012, 09:19:27 pm »

My  grandfather is nearly deaf and can not hear the tone produced by any phone ringer, so i ordered him a flashing klaxon to alert him when the phone rings. Technically it is for christmas, but i guess i was stressed and didnt remember to order it until today. But I did get around to doing what i needed to do.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68774 on: January 04, 2012, 09:39:31 pm »

This guy for president. 2020 will belong to Bay12!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 4583 4584 [4585] 4586 4587 ... 13325