Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4578 4579 [4580] 4581 4582 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15780260 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #68685 on: January 03, 2012, 07:28:16 pm »

That'd be great, man. You're a real pal, you know that?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #68686 on: January 03, 2012, 07:34:03 pm »

Heh, I know a bunch of people who insist they do not have an accent and claim they're "normal."

Everyone has an accent. There is no "correct" pronunciation (especially since this is ENGLISH we're talking about here, which is inherently wacky in numerous respects), and thus no "correct" accent. Some accents are considered "neutral" though (most tv reporters use this accent, but even then "neutral" is different between say, the US and the UK).

Still it's funny to listen to some people. Go vacationing with my family and we'll occasionally get comments about accent, which is invariably replied to with "no, YOU have the accent! I'm normal!"
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68687 on: January 03, 2012, 07:37:33 pm »

Hmm, what does a Californian accent sound like? I'm curious now, because I honestly have no idea how we sound to other people.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68688 on: January 03, 2012, 07:37:50 pm »

I went to Alabama one time and was wearing a shirt that made clear I was from DFW.  Some family noticed and said they were from near DFW too.  Then the husband said, "y'ahll don' soun' lahk yur fr'm Tek'sas."  I really really wanted to mess with him, but he kinda looked like he'd beat me up.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68689 on: January 03, 2012, 07:50:32 pm »

Everyone has an accent. There is no "correct" pronunciation (especially since this is ENGLISH we're talking about here, which is inherently wacky in numerous respects), and thus no "correct" accent. Some accents are considered "neutral" though (most tv reporters use this accent, but even then "neutral" is different between say, the US and the UK).
By "no accent" having the Recieved Pronounciation is meant. At least in the UK.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68690 on: January 03, 2012, 08:05:02 pm »

I'll admit that I actually used to say "hella."  It shocked my roommate the first time she heard it.  I think she was residing under the misconception that I never use slang.
Due to emulating the speech patterns of video people I watch who are brimming with confidence in order to become more sociable and learn a few speech skills, I've picked up on West Coast slang due to those people being from the other end of the continent. My peers are also a little confused by this.

I imagine I would also be weirded out by hearing that all the time over there.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68691 on: January 03, 2012, 08:10:06 pm »

By "no accent" having the Recieved Pronounciation is meant. At least in the UK.
Basically listen to most newscasters and you'll hear it.  And uh... some presenters and the Royal Family.  I guess I can get somewhere close if I remember to keep my 'A's broad and just generally remember to enunciate the heck out of everything.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #68692 on: January 03, 2012, 08:15:44 pm »

Reading the Corpse Party review on Destructoid, get to this line:
"I'm not usually one to shy away from gore in video games, and I'm a pretty big fan of both the Higurashi and Umineko visual novels, but some of the 'bad end' scenes in this game really got to me."
The reviewer said he was a VN fan but I never thought he'd actually bring up When They Cry, that's pretty awesome.  He mentioned Ace Attorney too.  Argh!  I want Corpse Party and Fate/Extra!  Argh Argh!

Arghblarg!

Man this voice actor list is amazing too, I know all of them and they're goood.  Keima from TWGOK, Kyon from Haruhi, Misaka and Kuroku from Railgun, etc.

"Besides the aforementioned multiple endings (of which there are staggering thirty-seven),"
Yessssssssssss

...My brother has a PSP, the game is cheap so I could order it online...that could work ohohohohohohohaoahaaaaa

Oh it's a digital download in English.  I'll figure out how to do that, look I don't even need to go anywhere.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 08:26:28 pm by ToonyMan »

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 08:48:08 pm by MC Dirty »

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68694 on: January 03, 2012, 08:46:48 pm »

The internet is not a big truck.

So classic.  So awesome.  It's like a fine wine of Internet history.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #68695 on: January 03, 2012, 08:47:39 pm »

I have no freaking clue what my accent sounds like, especially since it's so mutable. When I was fresh out of college, I worked for a company that supported Mom-n-Pop ISPs (back when there were such things) all over the country. Part of the deal was that if asked, we were supposed to claim that we actually worked for said ISP. In whatever godforsaken little town they were in. Cue the hilarity when you had a workforce of mostly rural eastern North Carolinians trying to pass themselves off as living on Long Island. Or in the Berkshires. Or in Wisconsin.

Not only was I their top tech, I turned out to be the best accent impersonator. Unfortunately it got so ingrained that to this day I CAN'T TURN IT OFF.  :'(

I start talking to someone with an accent -- ANY accent -- and within a couple of minutes I have the same accent. When I'm at work and agents ask where we're located, they always seem to follow it up with "You don't sound like you're from there..."  :-\

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68696 on: January 03, 2012, 08:48:37 pm »

<deleted>
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 08:22:42 pm by MC Dirty »

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #68697 on: January 03, 2012, 10:08:15 pm »

Jamestown~

I actually managed to complete the game in a sitting and not do TOO bad. I did it live on my stream too. The last few levels were a bit messy though... I need to improve my pew.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68698 on: January 03, 2012, 10:09:35 pm »

Jamestown~

I actually managed to complete the game in a sitting and not do TOO bad. I did it live on my stream too. The last few levels were a bit messy though... I need to improve my pew.
Did you record it so others could watch? Jamestown is awesome, but I fail at it :(
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68699 on: January 03, 2012, 10:12:36 pm »

Jamestown~

Game's better than I originally gave it credit for.  It's also hard but not ridiculous hard.
Pages: 1 ... 4578 4579 [4580] 4581 4582 ... 13325