Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4574 4575 [4576] 4577 4578 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15777440 times)

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #68625 on: January 03, 2012, 12:55:20 pm »

Turns out I don't actually have school today~
Calender said I did, but my school is run by a bunch of fuckwits who got gerald forded in~

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68626 on: January 03, 2012, 12:56:32 pm »

SNOW! I bet RedKing's got some too. It's cold outside, the power's flickering... wait, maybe that last one is not so happy because no power means no heat.
Got visible snow falling from the skies for an hour or two yesterday , but none of it stuck. We gotta track these things ourselves and be a poor-mans weather service.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #68627 on: January 03, 2012, 12:59:27 pm »

1st day of my new schedule. Actually have a full hour for lunch now. It was nice. Also, 1.5 hours more sleep in the morning. Also nice.

Probably not going to be so enthusiastic come Thursday and Friday when I no longer have those days off.

@Duke: Yeah, it's just now getting above freezing here. At 1pm. Daaaaayum. Low tonight is slated to be around 20F. We had the windows open at home just two days ago because it was so warm. And it's going to be back up to 63 by Saturday. I think Nature is treating us like an infection and trying the whole fever/chills thing to get rid of us.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #68628 on: January 03, 2012, 01:01:20 pm »

Anyway, happy.  Serious Sam HD makes me happy and also angry.  Happy because it's an artifact from a time when shooters didn't pretend to be realistic.  Angry because fuck those fucking frogs in the face, seriously.

Yeah, I got it just recently, and goddamn this game is harder than I remember it. In the chamber where you get the double-chamber shotgun, I go into it with full health, armor, and ammo, and I'm just getting fucking pwned by the suicide guys and the literal dozens of fucking skeleton bulls.
Oh man, I remember that room. Lots of running around in circles and firing blindly.

Yeah, I'm on that level now.  If I had remembered the tommy gun I'd be fine, I might restart so I can get it.  The jumping system gives frogs some unintended advantages, if they hit anything in mid-air, like another frog or a brazier, it'll basically double jump and that puts it behind you.  Frogs getting behind you is GG, you can only keep track of so many moving elements at once.

I'm on Serious mode, of course.

EDIT:  As for the Kleer skeletons, if you immediately turn right on entering the room there's a big square brazier.  If you hide underneath it the Kleer skeletons can't pounce on you.  Aim up and shoot them with the shotgun when they climb on top of the brazier, and do it fast because they can still slash.  Don't do this for the frogs, they can get at you.

Also, Aqizzar and I were talking about the recent spate of godawful copycat "science" and "history" shows.  Pawn Stars, American Pickers, Hillbillies Doin' Hillbilly Shit, etc.  If I ever tried to write a cracked article, it'd be "6 Shows they Need to Stop Making." 

6.  20-something hipsters make cartoon, don't give a shit.  Adventure Time and Flapjack are the only quality examples, most egregious would be Regular Show.  Fuckers couldn't even be assed to name the damn show.

5.  Burly men yell at each other.  Orange County Choppers started it, and it exists to some degree in most of the other shows on the list.  All the imaginary drama of a Professional Wrestling tournament without the cathartic violence.

4.  Paranormal/Conspiracies.  Ghost Hunters was the first and arguably the least bad.  Ghost Adventures is by far the worst.  Honorable mentions to Ancient Aliens, Brad Meltzer's Decoded, etc.  All of them follow the ancient creed, "Find something mundane, explain it in the most convoluted and retarded way possible, spend millions of dollars gathering circumstantial evidence"

3.  Extremely unsafe jobs.  Deadliest Catch spawned it and now any job with the promise of people getting maimed on camera has its own show. 

2.  Hillbillies doing hillbilly shit.  Probably a strain of the Deadliest Catch bullshit, Swamp People is the first one I distinctly remember, most egregious would be Hillbilly Handfishin'. 

1.  Buying and selling old things.  Antiques Roadshow was the first and best, but Pawn Stars opened the floodgates.  American Pickers is the best, and by best I mean it's bad in all the right ways.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 03:14:13 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #68629 on: January 03, 2012, 03:21:51 pm »

Whenever I see the 'Hunt for Bigfoot' show I laugh a little on the inside.  "I hear Sasquatch."

Anyway, yeah Serious Sam is awesome.  I had the fortune of playing it with my childhood friend a ton so it's one of the FPS I have played the most of.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68630 on: January 03, 2012, 03:36:22 pm »

6.  20-something hipsters make cartoon, don't give a shit.  Adventure Time and Flapjack are the only quality examples, most egregious would be Regular Show.  Fuckers couldn't even be assed to name the damn show.

I knew there was something we'd disagree on.  I may not be Regular Show's biggest fan, and I certainly have my criticisms, but I respect their method.  That being said, the Hipster Cartoon modality is a tricky business.  You have to finesse it just right to get the perfect blend of nonsense and reference to get the essence of comedy, or else you just get Tom Goes To The Mayor again and again and again.  God I hate Adult Swim.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #68631 on: January 03, 2012, 03:42:18 pm »

Anyway, happy.  Serious Sam HD makes me happy and also angry.  Happy because it's an artifact from a time when shooters didn't pretend to be realistic.  Angry because fuck those fucking frogs in the face, seriously.

Yeah, I got it just recently, and goddamn this game is harder than I remember it. In the chamber where you get the double-chamber shotgun, I go into it with full health, armor, and ammo, and I'm just getting fucking pwned by the suicide guys and the literal dozens of fucking skeleton bulls.
Oh man, I remember that room. Lots of running around in circles and firing blindly.

Yeah, I'm on that level now.  If I had remembered the tommy gun I'd be fine, I might restart so I can get it.  The jumping system gives frogs some unintended advantages, if they hit anything in mid-air, like another frog or a brazier, it'll basically double jump and that puts it behind you.  Frogs getting behind you is GG, you can only keep track of so many moving elements at once.

I'm on Serious mode, of course.

EDIT:  As for the Kleer skeletons, if you immediately turn right on entering the room there's a big square brazier.  If you hide underneath it the Kleer skeletons can't pounce on you.  Aim up and shoot them with the shotgun when they climb on top of the brazier, and do it fast because they can still slash.  Don't do this for the frogs, they can get at you.

Also, Aqizzar and I were talking about the recent spate of godawful copycat "science" and "history" shows.  Pawn Stars, American Pickers, Hillbillies Doin' Hillbilly Shit, etc.  If I ever tried to write a cracked article, it'd be "6 Shows they Need to Stop Making." 

5.  Burly men yell at each other.  Orange County Choppers started it, and it exists to some degree in most of the other shows on the list.  All the imaginary drama of a Professional Wrestling tournament without the cathartic violence.

4.  Paranormal/Conspiracies.  Ghost Hunters was the first and arguably the least bad.  Ghost Adventures is by far the worst.  Honorable mentions to Ancient Aliens, Brad Meltzer's Decoded, etc.  All of them follow the ancient creed, "Find something mundane, explain it in the most convoluted and retarded way possible, spend millions of dollars gathering circumstantial evidence"

3.  Extremely unsafe jobs.  Deadliest Catch spawned it and now any job with the promise of people getting maimed on camera has its own show. 

2.  Hillbillies doing hillbilly shit.  Probably a strain of the Deadliest Catch bullshit, Swamp People is the first one I distinctly remember, most egregious would be Hillbilly Handfishin'. 

1.  Buying and selling old things.  Antiques Roadshow was the first and best, but Pawn Stars opened the floodgates.  American Pickers is the best, and by best I mean it's bad in all the right ways.

You realize, of course, that now that you've distilled this particular brand of crap TV down to its most primal elements, you must become the Bad TV Alchemist and meld all the elements together to create the Philosopher's Show: a show so bad that it can ruin anything it touches. Careers, networks, eyeballs....

For example, a conspiracy-laden cartoon where hillbillies yell at each other while buying and selling unexploded WWI ordnance. We'll call it "Hey Clem, Check This Shit Out!"

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #68632 on: January 03, 2012, 03:43:01 pm »

Tom Goes to the Mayor is art.
Shoes...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68633 on: January 03, 2012, 03:44:02 pm »

For example, a conspiracy-laden cartoon where hillbillies yell at each other while buying and selling unexploded WWI ordnance. We'll call it "Hey Clem, Check This Shit Out!"

It already exists.  It's called Squidbillies.  And it is the festering asshole of human creation.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68634 on: January 03, 2012, 03:48:20 pm »

What the fuck is wrong with you guys that you would watch these shows long enough to know anything about them?

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #68635 on: January 03, 2012, 03:56:09 pm »

What the fuck is wrong with you guys that you would watch these shows long enough to know anything about them?

Because they are better than dancing with the stars and the Kardashians.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68636 on: January 03, 2012, 04:00:37 pm »

Because they are better than dancing with the stars and the Kardashians.
My reaction to all of these things is to turn off the TV. Seriously.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #68637 on: January 03, 2012, 04:01:58 pm »

It already exists.  It's called Squidbillies.  And it is the festering asshole of human creation.

I actually kinda like Squidbillies.  :-\

But yes--now that you mention it, it does fit most, if not all of the criteria I laid out.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #68638 on: January 03, 2012, 04:03:43 pm »

Hey, I actually like Regular Show. It's one of the only shows I can watch with my little brother and we both like it, besides Adventure Time.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #68639 on: January 03, 2012, 04:07:53 pm »

I actually kinda like Squidbillies.  :-\
Squidbillies can be entertaining if you don't mind shows that are terribly vulgar and discriminatory against the South.

Then again, a lot of people I know in the South like Squidbillies, and only some of them because they hate the South. The others? They worry me.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.
Pages: 1 ... 4574 4575 [4576] 4577 4578 ... 13325