Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4566 4567 [4568] 4569 4570 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15770599 times)

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #68505 on: December 31, 2011, 09:10:13 pm »

I've just been happy for no reason for the past few hours. It's kinda a giddy feeling.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68506 on: January 01, 2012, 12:05:23 am »

Ok, so I just found out about Windowsil.
http://windosill.com/
This thing is frigging amazing, the fluidity of the interactions is just... wow.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68507 on: January 01, 2012, 12:35:25 am »

Wow, that was really neat.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #68508 on: January 01, 2012, 12:43:40 am »

So fucking amped for chinese new year~
Festivities for the whole month~~
I'll be going every weekend, and third friday~
Bus fare is cheaper than gas money for one day~~

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68509 on: January 01, 2012, 12:51:06 am »

So Tintin was a really good movie.  I grew up reading the comics, and I can say that the film was very faithful to the best parts of them.  Somehow, the tone just felt right.

In particular, it was a very well-written children's movie, and one of a very few things on which I would willingly put the name "fun for the whole family."  Not too many cheap shots/body humor, and it had both character development and some good action scenes.  Also, it's probably the first time I've seen an alcoholic in a children's movie, especially one portrayed sympathetically.

Another movie I highly recommend.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #68510 on: January 01, 2012, 02:57:50 am »

Playin' mah twelve dollar LA Noire.  It's good.  The graphics aren't that great, I'd go as far as to call them subpar, but the faces are amazing.  My biggest complaint is the dialog options.  When someone says something you have three options, Truth, Doubt, and Lie.  If you think they're telling the truth, Truth, if you think they're probably lying, Doubt, if you know they're lying and have proof, Lie.  Like a lot of similar games, you don't realize what's actually going to happen when you hit the button.  I thought a suspect was holding out on me, so I hit doubt, and suddenly my guy is threatening to slam his head in a car door (True story).  It's worse than most games though, because your choices have a direct impact on your performance on the case.  It's possible to fail a case and it might even be a permanent thing.  I'm not sure. 

It can be hard to tell which to pick, and since the game tells you if you got them right or not (The possible questions are listed in an evidence book, and as you complete them it places a check mark or an X depending on how you did) you know you fucked up and it can be annoying.
Shoes...

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #68511 on: January 01, 2012, 03:01:29 am »

I think Yahtzee mentioned that exact thing about the car door in his video about LA Noire~

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #68512 on: January 01, 2012, 03:03:04 am »

Yeah, kind of weird when you're interrogating a guy and being nice one moment. Then threatening to beat the shit out of them the next...
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #68513 on: January 01, 2012, 03:05:42 am »

The kind of strange thing about LA Noire is the game goes on no matter how poorly you do. I don't... Really understand how that makes any kind of sense.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68514 on: January 01, 2012, 09:37:52 am »

Yeah, kind of weird when you're interrogating a guy and being nice one moment. Then threatening to beat the shit out of them the next...
Hey, it's good cop, bad cop, DID cop.  Classic routine.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68515 on: January 01, 2012, 09:49:44 am »

This belt makes for a very comfortable headband.

What a shame that it's green.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68516 on: January 01, 2012, 10:58:46 am »

I've been trying out the new indie game, Sequence. I have to say, such a bizarre concept has, in the short time I've played it, endeared itself to me in an incredible way. This gaming concoction has no right to be as fun as it is, and I'm glad.

I always thought I was terrible at rhythm games, what with my famous struggles against a single strings of notes, I got my ass routinely beat by the likes of DDR, Guitar Hero, and most other games in the genre. However, and I don't know what it is, but Sequence discovered the correct mixture of things so that I can learn to handle three strings of notes simultaneously, while also flinging spells, keeping track of DoT, my cooldown times, two health bars, maintain my strategy to beat my opponent, stay on my toes for a random event attack, AND appreciate fine music all the while. It's enough to make a pro juggler blush, and that makes me feel awesome.

What the hell is with the synth system though? I mean, I can understand using your EXP's as faux moneys, but letting it all be up to a roll of the die just seems like the system is an EXP and Time sink, which I flatly find fundamentally unfun. It does make up for it with how forgiving the game is in certain aspects, like the way it awards you EXP even when you lose a fight, just not as much and then lets you try again.

Gotta say I'm really enjoying myself.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 4566 4567 [4568] 4569 4570 ... 13325