Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4558 4559 [4560] 4561 4562 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15777297 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #68385 on: December 28, 2011, 07:53:14 pm »

Was just notified a few minutes ago that my grandparents are visiting for tonight and only tonight.  Don't know why I hadn't heard of this before.  Thankfully, person in charge at work tonight was generous, and granted me a half day!

This seems to happen constantly with me minus actually getting time off and replacing grandparents with general family visits/get togethers. I'm always the last one to find out and thus not getting a chance to even ask for time off as its too short notice. That said there have been several times where I wouldn't have cared for a particular event and work gets me out of it. Pros and cons I suppose...

Usually I have tons of notice, and still can't get the time off.  Short of dire emergencies, my workplace is this accommodating once or twice a year, and never on the holidays.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68386 on: December 28, 2011, 07:58:27 pm »

I've got a new terry Pratchett book to read on my way home.

And it's a Commander Vimes story, yay!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68387 on: December 28, 2011, 07:59:51 pm »

Which one?

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68388 on: December 28, 2011, 08:01:09 pm »

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #68390 on: December 28, 2011, 09:34:29 pm »

Yeah, I got a copy of that one too. It's good, although I wouldn't peg it as Pterry's greatest work.

Also, I stumbled upon this and wanted to share: http://tattuinardoelasaga.wordpress.com/
Someone posted excerpts from this on /tg/. It's basically "What if Star Wars was a Viking Saga?".
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #68391 on: December 28, 2011, 09:51:55 pm »

I'm bringing back the stream. It will be all the style.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #68392 on: December 28, 2011, 10:01:23 pm »

I like how Pterry is kicking a crippling mental illness in the balls

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #68393 on: December 28, 2011, 10:19:49 pm »

I like how Pterry is kicking a crippling mental illness in the balls
Totally. He also made his own sword when he became a knight, so that's cool too. The man is pretty boss.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #68394 on: December 28, 2011, 11:16:55 pm »

Playing Deus Ex:HR. The scene where you are flying to Hengsha for the first time. After the first city, I was expecting another moderately interesting city design, but generally the same sort of feeling of 'modern city, but with more grime and electronic billboards.' Then the camera panned to view the city. A view which made me squee with delight at how awesome the design for the city is!
Spoiler: The view (click to show/hide)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68395 on: December 28, 2011, 11:25:57 pm »

Huh, it's FFVII all over again >________>
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68396 on: December 28, 2011, 11:31:11 pm »

Or for that matter, New York in The Fifth Element.  But yeah, it does have more of a FF7 vibe, except for everything being orange.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #68397 on: December 28, 2011, 11:44:26 pm »

Playing Deus Ex:HR. The scene where you are flying to Hengsha for the first time. After the first city, I was expecting another moderately interesting city design, but generally the same sort of feeling of 'modern city, but with more grime and electronic billboards.' Then the camera panned to view the city. A view which made me squee with delight at how awesome the design for the city is!

Those bastards. Over the 00 decade I wrote a number of short stories and game scenarios using d20 modern set in a distopian cyberpunk city that would have looked almost like that. Except it was new orleans, and the under city was a flooded toxic cesspool and an empty shadow of its former self (exactly like real life) with a clean and pristine upper city plate held up by industrial arcologies well above the hazards of the wild city below.

On an unrelated happy note: A friend of mine saved a mans life today. A man had a heart attack at the mall and his heart and breathing stopped and she performed CPR until an ambulance arrived. THere is something poetic about that, considering she herself is about a year past her projected date of death, and she is still waiting on the transplant list.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 11:46:09 pm by Nadaka »
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #68398 on: December 29, 2011, 12:11:20 am »

I was playing poker and ate a whole pint of ice cream~
I've never done that before, with the ice cream~

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #68399 on: December 29, 2011, 12:15:22 am »

Huh, it's FFVII all over again >________>

Or for that matter, New York in The Fifth Element.  But yeah, it does have more of a FF7 vibe, except for everything being orange.

Those bastards. Over the 00 decade I wrote a number of short stories and game scenarios using d20 modern set in a distopian cyberpunk city that would have looked almost like that. Except it was new orleans, and the under city was a flooded toxic cesspool and an empty shadow of its former self (exactly like real life) with a clean and pristine upper city plate held up by industrial arcologies well above the hazards of the wild city below.

Battle Angel Alita has you all beat.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 4558 4559 [4560] 4561 4562 ... 13325