Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4544 4545 [4546] 4547 4548 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15773052 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #68175 on: December 24, 2011, 02:56:19 pm »

Arghlebarghle you guys quit making me spend money on ridiculously cheap things. My brain has a glitch where it fails to perceive anything that costs less than $5 as having meaningful cost! So anyway now I'm downloading Chantelise. I have heard good things about it. From this thread.

I'll need something to do when I'm done with Portal 2, which I at least recognized as being an expense.

... curse you all
I prefer Recettear, from the same company. They're both good games, but Recettear came first is and is a more unique concept.

Really? I heard that Recettear is actually the sequel, but it was the first to be translated to English.
Hmm, maybe. I didn't know there was any connection between the two games besides sharing a developer and some art assets.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #68176 on: December 24, 2011, 02:57:03 pm »

Reccetear is a newer game, made using money from the proceeds of Chantelise. Some of Chantelise's graphics were reused in Reccetear.

Anyway, I probably won't get online again until noon tomorrow at the earliest, so I'll just wish everybody a merry Christmas now!
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #68177 on: December 24, 2011, 02:58:18 pm »

After you finish, try the commentary mode. They provide all sorts of insight into the development process of both single and multiplayer.

It is a fun game. I've beaten it a few good times, and it never gets old  :D

Where are you at in the game? Are you stuck on a particular puzzle?
Just finished the first of the testing spheres. As expected, everything Cave Johnson says is pretty great. Not stuck on anything yet, though.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68178 on: December 24, 2011, 03:10:22 pm »

Good to hear.

Well, I'm offline for the rest of the day. The relatives are arriving, with all the fun that implies.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #68179 on: December 24, 2011, 03:19:41 pm »

My tummy es burst.

So far, the Great Yule Feasting has included

1, Meatballs, special family Christmas recipe (the secret ingredient is elk)
2, Yule Sausage
3, Prince Sausages
4, Christmas Ham, of course, with four kinds of mustard
5, Body Cakes with lingberry jam (and yes I still refuse to use "lingonberry" - it calling them lingberryberry! :P)
6, Gravad lax with gravlax sauce
7, Glassmaster herring, pickled/marinaded, whatever
8, Blekinge-herring, as above
9, Kaviar-herring, "oven-baked" or whatever
10, Tomato-dill-herring, as above
11, Lamb Violin (dried leg of lamb)
12, Homemade Leverpastej
13, Pig's Feet
14, Different kinds of sandwiches (Cheese, ham, spickekorv (salt sausage), and some Italian garlic sausage)
15, Doppebröd (Bread dipped in the gravy/boilwater from the Christmas Ham)

And to drink
1, Three kinds of Christmas Beer
2, Julmust
3, Three kinds of Schnapps

And of course, lots and lots of candy, sweets, cookies/buns and fruits. And right not some sort of very, very tasty Christmas Coffee. All weight I've lost over the autumn lost in one fucking day. And I'm not sad about it for one second (though that might be because my food-coma is fighting my sugar-high for control of my mind in what might be the battle of the century).

I also got some clothes and some videos of comedian's my parents like, and some comic books from my brother (who somehow seem to have gotten into my head that I like comics), but most importantly new headphones and a lot of raw moneys.

Now for boring tabletop quizzes and more tasties.

Christmas is a good time. And spelled with just one S, yes, Firefox, I know that, stop nagging me about it.
Love, scriver~

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68180 on: December 24, 2011, 03:53:58 pm »

Congrats. My family likes to celebrate with...

A lite snack plate.

Seriously. People. How did not eating the day of Christmas become a tradition in my family?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #68181 on: December 24, 2011, 04:26:17 pm »

scriver may have to watch out for herring poisoning. I know you Scandinavians are crazy bout dat fish, but man....that's a lot of herring.

My attempt at a "Santa's Workshop" DF game ended quickly and hilariously, as a caravan arrived just in time to save my starving, thirsty dwarves...only for them all to be nommed on by a polar bear. Somehow I think that'll make a classic Christmas story. xD

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68182 on: December 24, 2011, 04:36:47 pm »

Just watched Sherlock Holmes 2 with what family managed to make it down today. That was awesome.

Also Skyrim being on sale, didn't expect that. Hopefully I'll beable to cobble a bit more money into my account later for that.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68183 on: December 24, 2011, 05:49:36 pm »

Just watched Sherlock Holmes 2 with what family managed to make it down today. That was awesome.

<3 <3 <3

Honestly, I'm so far gone that just hearing this is exciting.

And Bauglir, you go buy Chantelise, too :3  We'll have fun arguing about it.

Woke up... my mom had bought everyone steamed vegetable buns and we have a Yule Log for later.  We also talked about some things and I feel a lot better about that crap I ranted about yesterday.

So... yeah.  Be happy, guys.  I hope everything goes well for you.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68184 on: December 24, 2011, 05:59:53 pm »

And crazy stuff like 90% off sales on a ton of things. Most of the steam store is under $10 now.
Don't tempt me. I already feel like a dick for spending $5 on TF2, and now Steam is making everything cheaper?

I can only hope this sale lasts until the 26th so that I can have a guilt-free game-buying spree.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #68185 on: December 24, 2011, 06:19:47 pm »

Had a crazy-long week of non-stop work, including (begrudgingly) getting my room cleaned up and re-arranged which was a huge time sink for the week. At least on the bright side, I now have more than enough room to fly my mini-helicopter my dad got me, inside.

Now my supposed work week is just about over, and I can relax now and enjoy the rest of the night playing a few more games (and netting more holiday achievements) before the Christmas Eve party begins and we've got a full house. I've been watching a Planet Earth marathon on the side as well to further wind down.

I'm hoping a particular client I was hired by gets everything sorted out after Christmas. If I've estimated how things might go out, they'll be a real help for the new year.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 06:36:21 pm by Itnetlolor »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68186 on: December 24, 2011, 06:33:43 pm »

Welp Uno was fun.

It'd be better though if Azathoth didn't keep playing with quantum house-rules.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #68187 on: December 24, 2011, 06:42:17 pm »

scriver may have to watch out for herring poisoning. I know you Scandinavians are crazy bout dat fish, but man....that's a lot of herring.

Hehe, man, there were at least three other kinds of herring there I didn't take anything of :P
Love, scriver~

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68188 on: December 24, 2011, 07:06:23 pm »

I'm finally freeeee! Seven hours of slogging through hordes of people who refused to spend money and wanted to yell at me for everything being out of stock because it's the freaking day before christmas, of course we don't have any $400 laptops left. Morons. However, I now have a well deserved week off. So happy! ^_^

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 4544 4545 [4546] 4547 4548 ... 13325