Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4507 4508 [4509] 4510 4511 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15780267 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #67620 on: December 14, 2011, 05:46:40 pm »

Haha, we went through the internet getting pictures of other manga characters who we thought looked about right.  I remember I had Kenshin's fiancee/wife/whoever (spoiler: the famously dead one) as my particular image.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #67621 on: December 14, 2011, 05:49:43 pm »

Oh crap, you guys are bringing back memories my geocities page.

It had a black starscape as a background and bright blue lettering. The most obvious feature on the page was a large under construction banner that I had rendered in 3d studio maxed and textured with black and yellow diagonal stripes. This banner was an animated gif with a transparent background and rotating text. I also had links to my renderings of Wing Commander spaceships, up to and including a VRML file of a Strakha. It was HIDEOUS.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #67622 on: December 14, 2011, 05:52:31 pm »

All of our portraits were made by Googling our character names and very poorly editing the faces we liked onto TNG uniform shots.

Man am I glad that web spaces don't last as long as photographs.
Oh but I am not, because that sounds amazing. Are you sure you guys didn't knowingly elbow one another and say "In fifteen years we are gonna be so ironic about this?"
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67623 on: December 14, 2011, 05:56:21 pm »

Fuck fifteen years, I'm being ironic about it right now.  I just wish it was fifteen years ago.  More like nine, meaning I was teenage enough to know what tools we were.  Which was probably why it didn't last very long.

It had a black starscape as a background and bright blue lettering. The most obvious feature on the page was a large under construction banner that I had rendered in 3d studio maxed and textured with black and yellow diagonal stripes. This banner was an animated gif with a transparent background and rotating text. I also had links to my renderings of Wing Commander spaceships, up to and including a VRML file of a Strakha. It was HIDEOUS.

In the great way of Geocities, it sounds like you put considerably more effort into the design of your Under Construction banner than you did into the rest of the page.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #67624 on: December 14, 2011, 05:58:41 pm »

I don't want to dredge up any bad memories, but...

If you remember the url, it's still there, waiting to be cringed at.

Edit:

Fuck fifteen years, I'm being ironic about it right now.  I just wish it was fifteen years ago.  More like nine, meaning I was teenage enough to know what tools we were.  Which was probably why it didn't last very long.

The first time I discovered the above website and looked up my old website with the Linkin Park I checked the year it was made and got very pale.
Shoes...

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67625 on: December 14, 2011, 05:58:56 pm »

Guys, it could be worse. My first personal web page was built in flash! You had to physically navigate to the different "rooms", or components of the site, and there were numerous hidden passages. For example, to even get past the splash page you had to lift up the torch on one side of the door and drag it over to light the torch on the other side. This rewarded you with a lobby that had "secret passages" in the form of small invisible clickable areas, most of which were full of bad fiction or bad photos, and then the "regular" areas which were mostly different rooms drawn in flash with no actual content.

The books in the library at least had (terrible) poetry in them.

Flickering stars and background music was obvious.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67626 on: December 14, 2011, 06:01:20 pm »

I feel like I've missed out on some kind of important teenhood experience. I made a geocities page for my HTML class, but it was pretty much just obligatory stuff...

I don't think I even had music on mine.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #67627 on: December 14, 2011, 06:02:49 pm »

I don't want to dredge up any bad memories, but...

If you remember the url, it's still there, waiting to be cringed at.
I don't know if you intended this, but I just looked up my old website shame on there and I got this message.

The Wayback Machine hasn't archived a capture for that URL. Here's a capture taken 0 minutes ago from the live web that will become part of the permanent archive in the next few months.
Nefarious. :(

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67628 on: December 14, 2011, 06:08:05 pm »

Oh man, I am younger than most of you guys so I wasn't fully self-aware for the 90's, but I do remember this one thing if we're talking about nostalgia. Remember when video games were so simple that their strategy guides were like these elaborate things that were at least half interesting? Also when Nintendo Power was great.

Suddenly, I'm 7 years old again, playing on my new Game Boy Color and being a jerk to adults everywhere. Life is great.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 06:11:18 pm by freeformschooler »

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #67629 on: December 14, 2011, 06:18:15 pm »

That's good nostalgia though. I remember the guide to Secret of Mana and how it just blew me away. That was what made me realize that games weren't any different from any other narrative medium. Before then I had this conception of them as really complicated action figures, or make-believe that the television helped with.

Of course, I don't even have to reread it to remember the writing was something like "So the girl and the sprite cast Mana Weapon on the boy's sword giving it the power to destroy the Mana Beast." But it was still fun nonetheless.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67630 on: December 14, 2011, 06:25:54 pm »

Finally figured out how I'm going to make my video presentation for my final project. Requirement is to do a powerpoint (about cutting edge tech, mines regarding video game consoles) with your voice narrating. Gonna do this via CamStudio. Another requirement was that the video had to be 600x400 or something odd like that for which I'll be using Blaze Media Pro since it'll do custom resizes without adding in a damn watermark. Now I just have to do some research, make the powerpoint, record, upload, then post to my website all by Friday at midnight with two work shifts in the way...

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #67631 on: December 14, 2011, 06:31:25 pm »

Another requirement was that the video had to be 600x400 or something odd like that
640x480, maybe?

Talk about taking a trip back to the 90s...
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67632 on: December 14, 2011, 06:56:48 pm »

Just found out that the key "cutting-edge research" person whose approach is the main one the autism class facilitator prefers is...

Ms. Rogers.

Oh boy.  When the chair of the Autism Self-Advocacy Network has condemned you, you're in a touch of hot water.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67633 on: December 14, 2011, 07:06:03 pm »

Another requirement was that the video had to be 600x400 or something odd like that
640x480, maybe?

Talk about taking a trip back to the 90s...

*doublechecks* Nope, its to be 600x400. Not sure why but it might have something to do with the fact that he uses Macs or its just another way for him to deduct points. I suppose thats half the "fun" of this project, trying to figure out how to do what you can do on Macs on a pc instead. Granted I likely could have used one of the Macs in the school's library but I didn't want to be recording in a place where you're suppose to be quiet.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #67634 on: December 14, 2011, 07:11:26 pm »

So about those procedurally generated snowflakes.

Image: http://people.rit.edu/jja2535/Snowflake/Snowflake.png
Actual application (note: requires most recent version of flash player and is a rather intensive program due to rendering lots of stuff): http://people.rit.edu/jja2535/Snowflake/Snowflake.html
Pages: 1 ... 4507 4508 [4509] 4510 4511 ... 13325