Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4496 4497 [4498] 4499 4500 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15782042 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: [>゜))))彡] Things fish did to fish while fish in the fish fish (Happy Thread)
« Reply #67455 on: December 11, 2011, 08:31:20 pm »

My brother just linked me to this. Truly a child prodigy.

http://www.artakiane.com/

As I was noted:
She has an amazing story.  Her parents were atheists - that is, until she had a "life-changing spiritual transformation"... at age 4!
There are many examples of her paintings on this website - some impressive stuff even from when she was 6 or 7.

Enjoy, and be inspired!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 08:34:18 pm by Itnetlolor »

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] Things fish did to fish while fish in the fish fish (Happy Thread)
« Reply #67456 on: December 11, 2011, 09:00:30 pm »

Yesterday was my first mission with Chryssalids in X-Com (at least in the past year.) Damn, games these days just don't know how to incite mind-melting terror anymore. Things were going well until two soldiers got off on their own, and were jumped by a Chryssalid I thought I had shot down earlier, but apparently only knocked out. Cue the entire town getting zombified along with most of my squad. Two rookies, Neil Day and Mark Johnson, were all that was left after only two rounds of instant slaughter. They fought their way to an apartment complex, ran up the stairs, and hurled grenades to remove the staircase. There were a few snakemen left outside, so it was a little tense. Neil's plasma pistol was out of ammo (new recruits don't get the best equipment...) so he spent most of his time hurling grenades and healing Mark. He got blown up by a launcher, though, so Mark was left to kill literally two dozen chryssalids on his own.

He would go on to solo a muton-staffed Harvester ship after the entire replacement wave got its collective ass handed to it, being the first time I've encountered Mutons.

My first ethereal terror mission starts, and immediately half the squad gets mind-controlled. He runs around like a lunatic with his stun rod to knock them out, and basically wins the mission by himself with some supporting fire from the three half-panicked new recruits that survived.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #67457 on: December 11, 2011, 09:10:31 pm »

I actually shook off enough rust to reach the patriarch in Office normal mode solo in Killing floor again. Of course I totally ruined the moment by letting him knock me out a window. But hey. Progress.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Pray_for_Snow

• Bay Watcher
  • MATT DAMON'S TIMECLONE
    • View Profile
« Reply #67458 on: December 11, 2011, 09:22:16 pm »

Congrats Janet. Wanna play anytime soon?
This is an Artefact Thread. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is decorated with text and images of various dwarves. It menaces with spikes of data.

My X-COM UFO Defense LP. Finals Week Hiatus.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #67459 on: December 11, 2011, 09:25:49 pm »

I don't know you, and you registered less than a month ago along with something I won't bother mentioning so no.

Pray_for_Snow

• Bay Watcher
  • MATT DAMON'S TIMECLONE
    • View Profile
« Reply #67460 on: December 11, 2011, 09:28:09 pm »

Aw, okay. Just checking.
This is an Artefact Thread. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is decorated with text and images of various dwarves. It menaces with spikes of data.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67461 on: December 11, 2011, 09:46:00 pm »

Yesterday was my first mission with Chryssalids in X-Com (at least in the past year.) Damn, games these days just don't know how to incite mind-melting terror anymore. Things were going well until two soldiers got off on their own, and were jumped by a Chryssalid I thought I had shot down earlier, but apparently only knocked out. Cue the entire town getting zombified along with most of my squad. Two rookies, Neil Day and Mark Johnson, were all that was left after only two rounds of instant slaughter. They fought their way to an apartment complex, ran up the stairs, and hurled grenades to remove the staircase. There were a few snakemen left outside, so it was a little tense. Neil's plasma pistol was out of ammo (new recruits don't get the best equipment...) so he spent most of his time hurling grenades and healing Mark. He got blown up by a launcher, though, so Mark was left to kill literally two dozen chryssalids on his own.

He would go on to solo a muton-staffed Harvester ship after the entire replacement wave got its collective ass handed to it, being the first time I've encountered Mutons.

My first ethereal terror mission starts, and immediately half the squad gets mind-controlled. He runs around like a lunatic with his stun rod to knock them out, and basically wins the mission by himself with some supporting fire from the three half-panicked new recruits that survived.

Megabadass. You should clone a whole squad from him.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: [>゜))))彡] The thread about fish related dosh bananas! (?) (Happy Thread)
« Reply #67462 on: December 11, 2011, 11:14:53 pm »

Thought I was going to have a blowout defeat this week, which is also the first playoff week for fantasy football in my league. I was behind by at least 30 points. Fortunately, I have Tony Romo (DAL QB) and Laurent Robinson (DAL WR) as my remaining players, and they managed to get a 74 yd. pass, following with a TD sealing my victory position for the week. That duo have been kicking ass all night it seems, because they made many more points not long before that for the past 3 quarters, putting me within TD range of victory. HUZZAH!!! Semi-finals, here I come.

From the looks of it so far (still got a couple minutes left), I've beaten my opponent by 4 points now. 74-70

UPDATE:
81-70 I lead +11 pts.
Once again, Romo scores another TD. And there's still 5:41 to go until game is over.

Dallas lost, but I won the fantasy matchup.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 11:56:43 pm by Itnetlolor »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] The thread about fish related dosh bananas! (?) (Happy Thread)
« Reply #67463 on: December 11, 2011, 11:46:58 pm »

Thought I was going to have a blowout defeat this week, which is also the first playoff week for fantasy football in my league. I was behind by at least 30 points. Fortunately, I have Tony Romo (DAL QB) and Laurent Robinson (DAL WR) as my remaining players, and they managed to get a 74 yd. pass, following with a TD sealing my victory position for the week. That duo have been kicking ass all night it seems, because they made many more points not long before that for the past 3 quarters, putting me within TD range of victory. HUZZAH!!! Semi-finals, here I come.

From the looks of it so far (still got a couple minutes left), I've beaten my opponent by 4 points now. 74-70

UPDATE:
81-70 I lead +11 pts.
Once again, Romo scores another TD. And there's still 5:41 to go until game is over.

I decided to play TB's Defense instead of KC's. Honestly, neither was a good play this week, but damn.

Both only scored one point. Nevermind. However: Jermaine Gresham (4.5pts) instead of Owen Daniels (10pts) and CJ Spiller (5.6pts) instead of Ladanian Tomlinson (12.4pts) *sigh*
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 11:49:26 pm by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] [>゜))))彡]The fish has been doubled! (Happy Thread)
« Reply #67464 on: December 12, 2011, 12:10:19 am »

I spectacularly failed to calculate what 2 and 2 is.

So I went back and changed the answer.

Then I remembered I was supposed to give the wrong answer, so I changed it back again.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #67465 on: December 12, 2011, 12:30:25 am »

Happy Thread: Pisces Edition.

A.k.a. what I prefer to think of the new Happy Thread title.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #67466 on: December 12, 2011, 12:31:53 am »

The fun has been doubled, indeed.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #67467 on: December 12, 2011, 12:40:59 am »

I have discovered the wonders of RIT's e-books. Free browsing of books and textbooks of all varieties! :D

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #67468 on: December 12, 2011, 12:44:10 am »

Yeah last title was actually TOO nonsensical. So we got this.

Pray_for_Snow

• Bay Watcher
  • MATT DAMON'S TIMECLONE
    • View Profile
« Reply #67469 on: December 12, 2011, 12:58:11 am »

Thank you Janet. I kinda hope the next one will be "So long and thanks for all the fish." I've been reading too much Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy lately.

Pages: 1 ... 4496 4497 [4498] 4499 4500 ... 13325