Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4495 4496 [4497] 4498 4499 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15783774 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] Things fish did to fish while fish in the fish fish (Happy Thread)
« Reply #67440 on: December 11, 2011, 08:51:49 am »

Not only did I get to the front page of /r/adviceanimals, I got all the way to the front page of Reddit for a few hours.

Now I can die twice as dead as I could die a few hours ago.

What did you do anyway Cfufu?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] Things fish did to fish while fish in the fish fish (Happy Thread)
« Reply #67441 on: December 11, 2011, 09:25:41 am »

He made a "Freshmen say gay alot" joke.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #67442 on: December 11, 2011, 09:27:48 am »

Date went well; he asked me for a second. I said yes! :D :D :D

This makes me happy :)
Congrats! :)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67443 on: December 11, 2011, 01:16:21 pm »

That is the best news. You finally get some well deserved some happy. ^_^

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #67444 on: December 11, 2011, 01:34:36 pm »

Terraria was fun.
Especially once you get a grappling hook and a miner's helmet.

I was playing last night, and a buddy msg'd me on Steam to ask if it was any good.

Me: Yeah, there's a ton of exploration and crafting. And it's the only game I can think of where you can dig straight down to Hell, come back and build a mansion out of all the stuff you found, then craft a flamethrower to go hunt unicorns.

Him: ....wat
You are posting this on the DF forum. You can't just say something like that and expect people to buy it. We do dig down to hell and, Armok willing, build entire fortresses out of Adamantine. Or just colonize hell itself.

Also, Orbital Magma Cannon!
Yes, but you can't construct a flamethrower in DF (yet). But true, you *can* dig to Hell (and colonize it) and you can hunt unicorns (with horrific losses).

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #67445 on: December 11, 2011, 01:37:10 pm »

That is the best news. You finally get some well deserved some happy. ^_^

[curtsy] Thank you. He actually called the day after like he said he would. Boys never do that. :D
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #67446 on: December 11, 2011, 01:48:12 pm »

My cat is staring into a mirror right now wondering what the hell she is doing on the inside of the mirror.

Oh god I think I'm turning into a cat person now.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #67447 on: December 11, 2011, 02:04:05 pm »

Terraria was fun.

I was playing last night, and a buddy msg'd me on Steam to ask if it was any good.

Me: Yeah, there's a ton of exploration and crafting. And it's the only game I can think of where you can dig straight down to Hell, come back and build a mansion out of all the stuff you found, then craft a flamethrower to go hunt unicorns.

You are posting this on the DF forum. You can't just say something like that and expect people to buy it. We do dig down to hell and, Armok willing, build entire fortresses out of Adamantine. Or just colonize hell itself.

Yes, but you can't construct a flamethrower in DF (yet). But true, you *can* dig to Hell (and colonize it) and you can hunt unicorns (with horrific losses).
Magma causes flames, thus it can be used in a flamethrower if you make a way to fling burning cats at your problem.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #67448 on: December 11, 2011, 02:23:07 pm »

My cat is staring into a mirror right now wondering what the hell she is doing on the inside of the mirror.

Oh god I think I'm turning into a cat person now.

How much time did you spend looking for socks this week?

Anyway, I figured out last night how Santa Clause is able to deliver to everyone in one night, and why he lives at the North Pole.

Everyones house is south of the North Pole, so Santa Clause just has to travel in a straight line directly south which takes him over each and every house in the world in one trip.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #67449 on: December 11, 2011, 03:58:24 pm »

Terraria was fun.

I'm pretty sure there it should be possible to mod in some sort of flamethrower, if not now, after the next release. It would have to be some sort of creature with a breath weapon, and you'd probably have to recruit it into your party (in adventure mode) or buy it (in dwarf mode), so you'd basically end up with a vaguely flamethrower-shaped friendly metal dragon. Still, it could work.

Alternatively, you could go into adventure mode and start a fire, using that to set flammable items ablaze. Then you throw those at the unicorns, becoming a flame-thrower yourself.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #67450 on: December 11, 2011, 04:34:37 pm »

I finally got my new blinds installed.  It's actually dark in my room at night.  Hooray!

I can't sleep unless it's pitch black and I live right outside the growing Cincinnati-Dayton Metropolitan area so it's never truly night here.  Even at midnight the sky is purple and you can walk around without any light source.  I didn't realize just how unbelievably dark it was out in the country until I started living here.
Shoes...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67451 on: December 11, 2011, 04:44:42 pm »

I finally got my new blinds installed.  It's actually dark in my room at night.  Hooray!

I ought to do that myself.  Light isn't so much the problem as that my neighbor has one of those "motion-activated" floodlights, right over my fence pointed directly at my window.  And of course "motion-activated" includes insects, leaves rustling, and me snoring as far as I can tell.  Thing always seems to turn on right as I'm falling asleep.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #67452 on: December 11, 2011, 06:48:47 pm »

My imagination got un-blocked and I managed to get back to writing on my rpg-of-sorts system!
Wrote two history books (of sort, 16kb of notepad ain't a book), one prayer book, wrote about anatomy of greenskinned aliens and polished up environment and beastiary entries.

I can sleep happily now~
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 06:53:14 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67453 on: December 11, 2011, 07:44:49 pm »

New phone! No, it's not super state of the art, but it's a far cry from settling for something overwhelmingly outdated.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #67454 on: December 11, 2011, 08:22:04 pm »

I had to leave for work right after posting about the hosting issues in the sad thread, but now that I have a minute I need to say that I'm inordinately proud of my avatar. That is also why I feel the need to say it. It could use some work but I'm a bit too lazy to add the extra frames it'd require.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 4495 4496 [4497] 4498 4499 ... 13325