Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4463 4464 [4465] 4466 4467 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15757623 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] Things fish did to fish while fish in the fish fish (Happy Thread)
« Reply #66960 on: November 28, 2011, 06:52:51 pm »

Whatever combo I can get a decent price for. I know AMD isn't as high in quality, but whatever my current AMD stuff has been working fine for years. Not a real difference for me.

I wouldn't overly worry about brands no, but I've always had terrible luck with AMDs and pin-types.  Always watch the pin types, that'll catch you every time.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
Re: [>゜))))彡] Things fish did to fish while fish in the fish fish (Happy Thread)
« Reply #66961 on: November 28, 2011, 07:00:59 pm »

If shipping from tigerdirect isn't free, you would be better off ordering your cpu from newegg instead. The price difference for the exact same CPU is $2 and newegg has stellar customer service and fast shipping.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66962 on: November 28, 2011, 07:15:08 pm »

Holy... when did my connection get so good?

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66963 on: November 28, 2011, 07:34:10 pm »

Good on ya, I'll go with that until some better options present themselves. I want to shop around in sites other than Newegg, but the service available can't be beat.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66964 on: November 28, 2011, 07:42:26 pm »

Holy... when did my connection get so good?

I get three times that download speed.   :P  But your upload speed is better than mine.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My bill is stupidly high though.  :(
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 07:44:06 pm by Levi »
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66965 on: November 28, 2011, 08:03:09 pm »

playing uplink. I forgot the excellent music
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66966 on: November 28, 2011, 09:59:26 pm »

While looking up the technical definition of Hedonism on a whim, I found out there's an establishment named "Hedonism Resort".

Upon inspection, it just seems to be an ordinary luxury resort and hotel, a shame since I was expecting them to be advertising nonstop pagan blood orgies.

Aw man.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #66967 on: November 28, 2011, 10:46:46 pm »

I tried out the Forlorn Realms mod for Dwarf Fortress, and while looking through the various weapons in Object Arena I noticed:

Pair of Katara

Ambiguously named leather "trappings"

Featureless Iron Masks

Spoiler: Oh shit son (click to show/hide)

It's on now.  I gave him maxed out abilities and he's killed like 30 people, 10-12 at a time.  Now I'm making maxed out samurai and taking control of them to try to kill him.  First one got his foot cut off and then got sliced up on the ground.  Second one got parried and stabbed in the fucking face.  I think I've created a monster.

EDIT:  Voldo's dead.  Only took five Mitsurugis.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 10:54:31 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66968 on: November 28, 2011, 10:58:44 pm »

Now I want wooden prosthetics, just so I can make dwarven Yoshimitsu's.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #66969 on: November 28, 2011, 11:52:15 pm »

While we're talking about games, I recently shattered my old Make the Moon score of Katamari, and unlocked Eternal 3. I ended the world.

And on the side, I came across the loveliness of Retsupurae. Pretty funny stuff.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66970 on: November 29, 2011, 12:13:53 am »

Yay, 2000th post! I shall celebrate this milestone by adding tildes at the end of my posts~
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66971 on: November 29, 2011, 02:00:07 am »

So I'm playing some StarCraft; PvP on Antiga. The guy proxygates (not a terrible map for it I suppose) and I misclick letting the 'Lots in. In an exercise in spite I rebuild at my third, hoping to just waste his time. He doesn't show up so I start building cannons. He still doesn't show up. Looking at the replay, it seems like he got distracted by my proxy pylon and neglected to scout my third... after checking every other expansion on the map. He finally finds my base by the 15 minute mark, by which time I've got about eight cannons and he can't get in at all.

Meanwhile, he's going into macro mode. He builds a nexus on nearly every spot. He gets stargates. He gets a fleet beacon. He gets charge and blink. He gets psistorm, and never builds any Templars. He mines out the entire map and yet my three bases (yes, three, he didn't re-scout) are keeping up in food. Even when he finds a base he doesn't kill it, just gets all the workers (or sometimes just some random building) and leaves.

Long (long) story short, I go mass voidray + mothership and he doesn't know what the fuck (there's a funny moment when he's looking at his base, hears "We are in peril!", looks for his Carrier... and it's just gone). Later, I play him again (on Xel'Naga)... and exactly the same thing happens. Except this time he actually found my nexus with the 'Lots, then ran away to smash the rocks blocking the gold (wat), later opting instead to send them in one-by-one so they could get killed. I couldn't believe somebody was actually playing like that.

The most hilarious/sad thing is, he was in silver. I have absolutely no idea how he got there. Maybe all his opponents ragequit after the proxy.

Miggy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66972 on: November 29, 2011, 06:34:38 am »

So I'm playing some StarCraft; PvP on Antiga. The guy proxygates (not a terrible map for it I suppose) and I misclick letting the 'Lots in. In an exercise in spite I rebuild at my third, hoping to just waste his time. He doesn't show up so I start building cannons. He still doesn't show up. Looking at the replay, it seems like he got distracted by my proxy pylon and neglected to scout my third... after checking every other expansion on the map. He finally finds my base by the 15 minute mark, by which time I've got about eight cannons and he can't get in at all.

Meanwhile, he's going into macro mode. He builds a nexus on nearly every spot. He gets stargates. He gets a fleet beacon. He gets charge and blink. He gets psistorm, and never builds any Templars. He mines out the entire map and yet my three bases (yes, three, he didn't re-scout) are keeping up in food. Even when he finds a base he doesn't kill it, just gets all the workers (or sometimes just some random building) and leaves.

Long (long) story short, I go mass voidray + mothership and he doesn't know what the fuck (there's a funny moment when he's looking at his base, hears "We are in peril!", looks for his Carrier... and it's just gone). Later, I play him again (on Xel'Naga)... and exactly the same thing happens. Except this time he actually found my nexus with the 'Lots, then ran away to smash the rocks blocking the gold (wat), later opting instead to send them in one-by-one so they could get killed. I couldn't believe somebody was actually playing like that.

The most hilarious/sad thing is, he was in silver. I have absolutely no idea how he got there. Maybe all his opponents ragequit after the proxy.

It's been ages since I last played, but usually what happens when someone cheeses is, if it fails, they have no friggin clue what to do next. I've tried being cannon rushed, but I scouted the entire thing before he even got any cannons up. Follow up strategy? About 5 minutes of uhhhh into void rays, at which point I roll him.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66973 on: November 29, 2011, 07:17:42 am »

The most hilarious/sad thing is, he was in silver.
That just about explains it. You are gonna see this stuff up in Gold. Learning what all the cheeses look like is a difficult task.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66974 on: November 29, 2011, 07:44:58 am »

I think I've seen most of the common ones already, and I've only been playing a few days (top 8 bronze when I last logged out). The only one I haven't seen is a proxy Terran, but usually MMM just breaks everything in low-level PvT so I doubt they bother often.

Mostly I just have no bloody clue how to deal with Roach rushing. I can keep up for a while if I fast expand and try to keep pace with him, but then I'm having to manage chrono and gate timings and such while things are slightly less intensive on his end, and one slip is all it takes to end the game (especially so when Roach pushes can keep up with gateway units and still leave him enough cash for static defense). But issues like these are mostly just about picking the right counter; from what I've seen, that's the case even all the way up to mid-plat or arguably further. Then the real work begins.
Pages: 1 ... 4463 4464 [4465] 4466 4467 ... 13325