Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4462 4463 [4464] 4465 4466 ... 13325

Author Topic: [MILK] There were 12 eggs here what did you do with them? (Happy thread?!)  (Read 15757840 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: [>゜))))彡] Things fish did to fish while fish in the fish fish (Happy Thread)
« Reply #66945 on: November 28, 2011, 04:46:41 pm »

This made me laugh today when I found it.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
Re: [>゜))))彡] Things fish did to fish while fish in the fish fish (Happy Thread)
« Reply #66946 on: November 28, 2011, 05:06:47 pm »

Work just dumped a metric butt load of critical bugs in my lap.

On the 1 hand, crap its a lot of crazy stuff with no notice.

On the 2 hand, motivation.

On the 3 hand, I'll be avoiding bay12.

???

Profit.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66947 on: November 28, 2011, 05:09:53 pm »

You have three hands.

Mutant.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #66948 on: November 28, 2011, 05:41:58 pm »

Hee hee hee, I just took out two guys with one check in NHL '12.

Playing Spelunky.
I started a new game and jumped up into the air, where an arrow blatted me, knocking me into another arrow which killed me. Total gametime was about 1 second.
I suck at this game XD
Just wait until you find the various ways to trick or avoid arrows... and then forget, get shot, fly backwards into your own exploding bomb, which hurls you into the path of a spear trap, which punts you onto spikes, and then a snake nibbles on your corpse.  By the time that happens, you'll be a complete badass.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 05:46:12 pm by Remalle »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #66949 on: November 28, 2011, 05:45:03 pm »

Oops, ignore this double post.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #66950 on: November 28, 2011, 05:52:34 pm »

I suck at this game XD
In my attempts to get a true victory (I won once but that was using a shortcut to the final level and getting a lucky Jetpack/Shotgun combo) I find my most common cause of death is spikes.  I'm trying to run from something or do something quickly, forget about the spikes, and die.
Only two wins in 600+ tries, although I have gotten to the the point that I think I can beat it again in another 10 tries or so if I do it from the start.

Thoughts on items: Jetpack is by far the best item, with shotgun being the best weapon *as long as you have the skull cup due to all the blood that the shotgun makes*, otherwise the weapon that the mummy drops is better IMHO.

Also, the black market way increases your chances of winning, since it lets pretty much get all the regular items in the game (if you can afford them), as well as a item that gives you a extra life (super useful for 1 hit KO's)

Just wait until you find the various ways to trick or avoid arrows... and then forget, get shot, fly backwards into your own exploding bomb, which hurls you into the path of a spear trap, which punts you onto spikes, and then a snake nibbles on your corpse.  By the time that happens, you'll be a complete badass.
Yeah its really annoying when you have like 5 or 6 life and some awesome items, then its like: arrow, fall down a level, stun, attacked by monsterX2.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66951 on: November 28, 2011, 05:56:29 pm »

You mean the game actually has an ending?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66952 on: November 28, 2011, 05:57:30 pm »

Oh right, I was using the Ankh on my victory trip.  I did recently manage to clear out the entire Black Market violently too (although it seems that the game is currently on a "never ever ever give me a jetpack" streak).

You mean the game actually has an ending?
Yes.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66953 on: November 28, 2011, 05:59:38 pm »

Well I wouldn't know since I have yet to get past the second level <_<

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #66954 on: November 28, 2011, 06:08:02 pm »

You have three hands.

Mutant.

Am I really the mutant? Or are you just polydextrously impaired?

I really should be avoiding bay12 right now, but I am waiting for a new workspace to build.

Why would getting surprise work make me happy? I don't know exactly. But it makes me feel better and more productive to have deadlines.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #66955 on: November 28, 2011, 06:13:35 pm »

Watching Monkey.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66956 on: November 28, 2011, 06:39:55 pm »

So I picked up Spelunky and on my 15th game things got wildly out of control. I encountered a giant cave spider and tried to bomb its web, but only succeeded in aggravating it when my miss-aimed  bomb hit it in the face. So I run away from the spider down a tunnel and find a golden statue, thinking I can hit two birds with one stone here I pick up the statue so I can use the boulder to kill the GCS... only now the spider is in the tunnel and I have to run in the wrong direction to get away, so I do that and find I'm at a dead end at the edge of the map, but fortunately there's a conveniently slightly raised altar for me to stand on, hurray, I'm saved!

Then I remember what happens when a boulder bashes through an altar. So spiders rain down on me, but meanwhile the giant cave spider is still coming my way, so I have spiders, spiders, everywhere!
And they all lived happily ever after.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66957 on: November 28, 2011, 06:40:28 pm »

With Cyber Monday here a whole host of options for upgrading my computer are available. I've got a decent amount of cash to invest here, but a lot of rationing will be necessary. And my current motherboard uses DDR2 memory, so I'll probably have to replace everything for compatibility.

If anybody sees some good deals for under $60 for motherboards or CPUs, it would be highly appreciated. I'll probably be back soon with a laughable configuration of parts to see if you guys think it will work.

Edit: Alright, how does this feel:
 CPU: AMD Athlon II 3.00 GHz
 Motherboard: Whoo

If this combo looks feasible, I will be a very happy dude in a week when they arrive.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 06:47:39 pm by Duke 2.0 »
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #66958 on: November 28, 2011, 06:47:45 pm »

Intel or AMD CPUs?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66959 on: November 28, 2011, 06:48:56 pm »

Whatever combo I can get a decent price for. I know AMD isn't as high in quality, but whatever my current AMD stuff has been working fine for years. Not a real difference for me.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 4462 4463 [4464] 4465 4466 ... 13325